Boards > The Red Board

Brackins school makes headlines

(1/2) > >>

Sambond:
Very good article.  I didn't expect that from the Trib.  

OpTiOnMaStA:
It's very misleading...Shockey went to Miami, Chris Brown went to Colorado. Those are two off the top of my head that I can name who did not just go to a JUCO school. They are in total different situations than Brackins coming straight from JUCO.

BTownBucFan:
what ... some of those played in Juco yes, but they didn't come to the NFL from there.  Kinda misleading

Uncle Stan:
Here is a front page story from The Tampa Trib today.

9 name players came from a school like this-3 are on the Bucs.

Well worth reading, IMO

http://www.tbo.com/sports/MGBTB4DMGTE.html

What happened to Brackins?

WILLBLEE:
Active NFL players from JUCO. Never thought about it,
but imagine the talent that's overlooked by the NFL, just because they're JUCO players. or not.

FROM JUNIOR COLLEGE TO THE NFL
The following is a list of some of the prominent players in the NFL who played football at a junior college:

Name Community college State NFL team Position
Juran Bolden- Delta Community College Miss. Tampa Bay CB
Deion Branch- Jones County Junior College Miss.  Seattle  WR
Chris Brown-  Fort Scott Community College Kan.  Tennessee  RB
Troy Brown- Lee-McRae College N.C. New England WR
Matt Bryant- Trinity Valley Community College Texas Tampa Bay K
Joe Horn- Itawamba Community College Miss. New Orleans WR
Tim (ratboy) Rattay-  Scottsdale Community College Ariz.  Tampa Bay  QB
Jeremy Shockey- Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College Okla. N.Y. Giants TE
Duce Staley- Itawamba Community College Miss. Pittsburgh RB

coopsxx:
who else made the jump straight from JUCO to the NFL.

I know Deacon Jones did back in the day. (For those who dont know him, arguably the best DE ever)

Feel Real Good:
Yeah, that's misleading. All or most were on the radar coming out of high school. They didn't have the grades and went to JuCo before playing Division 1.

ronde bear:
JJ Arrington played JUCO in California (COC) and went on to play at Cal be4 being a 2nd round pick

CB Kelvin Hayden played JUCO ball at my JUCO (Joliet JC/same place Alstott played his high school games) and went on to play at Illinois before being drafted in the 2nd round in 2005 by the Colts

Uncle Stan:
I think the point is they went to a smaller school, got a lot more tarining than being a redshirt in a 4 year school.

Don't believe the article was misleading at all. It never said nor implied, players went direct to the NFL.

It specifically said it was a training ground where players could get "stashed".

Runole:
they left out quite a few FSU Juco's... like Walter Jones, Milford Brown,Javon Walker, Orpheous Roye   to name a few...  Hmmm? Wonder why the Tampa Tribune would leave out  these NFL players that started at Juco???   All I  believe are NFL starters.. 

Just probably another minor mistake by the Tribune writer..  totally innocent I am sure!! LOL

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version