Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Congratulations on beating England at the World Cup « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Scholty

Pro Bowler

#15 : April 04, 2010, 03:25:32 PM

As a die hard Bayern Muenchen fan Wednesday is going to be a HUGE game for us.  Nobody gave us a smidgen of a chance against Man U with a squad decimated by injury and the yellow card suspension to Schweinsteiger.  Man U's squad is one of the if not THE most expensive squad in Europe. Yet, somehow they pulled off a win in the last second.  Wednesday's game is going to be epic.  Man U is in a tough spot after loosing those last two games.

*******************************Luck happens when hard work meets opportunity.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 04, 2010, 09:28:20 PM

Don't really follow the sport, but took a little joy in Chelsea beating Manchester United just because it meant the Glazers would be having a bad day.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#17 : April 04, 2010, 09:44:46 PM

Go Chelsea

Would you be terribly offended if i said "Up Yours"?

>:(

Not really.  I took great joy in typing it

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#18 : April 04, 2010, 09:50:04 PM

As a die hard Bayern Muenchen fan Wednesday is going to be a HUGE game for us. Nobody gave us a smidgen of a chance against Man U with a squad decimated by injury and the yellow card suspension to Schweinsteiger. Man U's squad is one of the if not THE most expensive squad in Europe. Yet, somehow they pulled off a win in the last second. Wednesday's game is going to be epic. Man U is in a tough spot after loosing those last two games.

agreed.  Was great to get that W, but I wasn't feeling too good about the game Wednesday.   With Rooney out though you never know.

YoozaHo

Starter

#19 : April 05, 2010, 01:52:38 AM

As a die hard Bayern Muenchen fan Wednesday is going to be a HUGE game for us. Nobody gave us a smidgen of a chance against Man U with a squad decimated by injury and the yellow card suspension to Schweinsteiger. Man U's squad is one of the if not THE most expensive squad in Europe. Yet, somehow they pulled off a win in the last second. Wednesday's game is going to be epic. Man U is in a tough spot after loosing those last two games.

The irony being if your bst team would have played we'd have been more cautious and probably won. We scored too early, as the cliché goes but having said ALL that, you played better than us, end of. I think, as daft as this sounds, with you beating Schalke to go top and us losing top spot is the best combination of results for us. You now have a Bundesliga title in your hands and we have nothing to lose really, Berbatov needs to have a big game but i'm very nervous about Wednesday. That away goal could be a godsend for us, you need to score twice at old trafford, Cheslea showed it can be done albeit with a ridiculously incompetent linesman.

Love United Hate Glazer

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#20 : April 07, 2010, 04:51:13 PM

Go Munich!

Scholty

Pro Bowler

#21 : April 07, 2010, 06:16:37 PM

What a freaking game!  AMAZING!!!!!

This was awesome!

YoozaHo

Starter

#22 : April 08, 2010, 04:21:38 AM

What a freaking game! AMAZING!!!!!

This was awesome!

Rafael nowhere did enough to be sent off. Carrick was rubbish. Bayern will squeeze past Lyon and then get webbed AOTS in the final by Barcelona.

But i'm not bitter or anything.

Love United Hate Glazer

Scholty

Pro Bowler

#23 : April 08, 2010, 07:35:23 AM

Oh PLEASE!!!!  Are you sharing in Fergie's whining?  ANYTIME, you pull at a player that is in full sprint from BEHIND, the ref is giving that card.  It's called a professional foul.  To do that while already getting a yellow for retaliating before hand is STUPID. 

Man Who - INVENTED the crowd the ref situation.  I always thought of Fergie as 'classy'.  Guess not.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#24 : April 08, 2010, 10:21:10 AM

the announcers didn't seem to even hesitate to agree with the call.   Sure seems to be a lot of whining from the Man U folks.

YoozaHo

Starter

#25 : April 08, 2010, 12:47:23 PM

Oh PLEASE!!!! Are you sharing in Fergie's whining? ANYTIME, you pull at a player that is in full sprint from BEHIND, the ref is giving that card. It's called a professional foul. To do that while already getting a yellow for retaliating before hand is STUPID.

Man Who - INVENTED the crowd the ref situation. I always thought of Fergie as 'classy'. Guess not.

That's about a clueless a post on football i've ever seen. Fergie has never, and will never, be known as classy in defeat. Second, those kind of 'pulls' (and lets face it, Rafael is half Ribery's size) will only be booked by the snide-est of refs.

But above all this you completely missed the irony in my post.

We were beat, so what? Premier League will always be more important. We lost on tactics from the first leg and Carrick being **CENSORED**e more than owt else.

Love United Hate Glazer

Scholty

Pro Bowler

#26 : April 08, 2010, 01:14:06 PM

Totally missed your irony.  Just - now - saw the 'not bitter' comment.  I apologize.  Sorry about that!

League is always first.  We'll find out Saturday, if we can have a chance winning our title.

YoozaHo

Starter

#27 : April 08, 2010, 01:40:38 PM

Totally missed your irony. Just - now - saw the 'not bitter' comment. I apologize. Sorry about that!

League is always first. We'll find out Saturday, if we can have a chance winning our title.

It'll go down to the last day i feel. You're a Bayern fan then Scholty? Away to Leverkusen will be tough and last night was tiring.

I've seen your signature somewhere before, where would i have seen/heard it?

Love United Hate Glazer

Scholty

Pro Bowler

#28 : April 08, 2010, 05:52:13 PM

Born and bred Bayern fan....   Leverkusen will be tough BUT with this team is maddening.  We'll play well vs. Man U and Schalke but loose at home to WhatEverTeamHappenToSuckAtTheTime...

GRMPH

YoozaHo

Starter

#29 : April 09, 2010, 04:12:07 AM

Born and bred Bayern fan.... Leverkusen will be tough BUT with this team is maddening. We'll play well vs. Man U and Schalke but loose at home to WhatEverTeamHappenToSuckAtTheTime...

GRMPH

Well sorry pal but you're going to get webbed AOTS by Barca in the final.

Love United Hate Glazer
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Congratulations on beating England at the World Cup « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools