Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Congratulations on beating England at the World Cup « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Scholty

Pro Bowler

#30 : April 09, 2010, 12:44:56 PM

First we would have to make it past Lyon which I SERIOUSLY doubt could ever happen.  They are just to good right now.

IF - and that is a HUGE - IF - we can make it to the final there is a dude named Messi who happens to be a alien life form. 

Must have been all those growth hormones he got....

*******************************Luck happens when hard work meets opportunity.

YoozaHo

Starter

#31 : April 09, 2010, 02:23:55 PM

First we would have to make it past Lyon which I SERIOUSLY doubt could ever happen. They are just to good right now.

IF - and that is a HUGE - IF - we can make it to the final there is a dude named Messi who happens to be a alien life form.

Must have been all those growth hormones he got....

You'll squeek past Lyon, Olic is a player i like a lot, loads of industry. If you make it to the final Messi will be only ONE of your worries.

Love United Hate Glazer

Scholty

Pro Bowler

#32 : April 09, 2010, 03:00:11 PM

Olic is what we call a 'Kampfschwein'.  Blue collar, never quits running, throws himself into any and all challenges and never, ever, ever gives up on a ball that he could have a 0.001% chance of winning.

I'd like to think of him as a offensive version of Berti Vogts.

Leverkusen is all I'm worried about right now though.   Everything else is far removed in the future....

YoozaHo

Starter

#33 : April 10, 2010, 01:35:25 AM

Olic is what we call a 'Kampfschwein'. Blue collar, never quits running, throws himself into any and all challenges and never, ever, ever gives up on a ball that he could have a 0.001% chance of winning.

I'd like to think of him as a offensive version of Berti Vogts.

Leverkusen is all I'm worried about right now though. Everything else is far removed in the future....

Well i'd also have a slight ocncern over losing Olic in the summer, Manchester City are interested apparently.

Love United Hate Glazer

Scholty

Pro Bowler

#34 : April 10, 2010, 10:00:20 AM

No worries... he is under contract for 2 more years.

If Man City 'really' wants him they will have to pay quite a bit.  Which is okay since he is 30 years old and Bayern has the tendency to find and develop players.

YoozaHo

Starter

#35 : April 10, 2010, 10:35:55 AM

No worries... he is under contract for 2 more years.

If Man City 'really' wants him they will have to pay quite a bit. Which is okay since he is 30 years old and Bayern has the tendency to find and develop players.

If he leaves and Ribéry leaves i reckon it could actually do you a favour. Too much is made of Ribéry for my liking, a 19 year old Brazilian defender with only 43 games under his belt held Ribéry in his pocket for 50 minutes until he was sent off, very overrated in my opinion.

Love United Hate Glazer

MBF

Hall of Famer

#36 : April 10, 2010, 10:37:01 AM

Messi.

Scholty

Pro Bowler

#37 : April 10, 2010, 11:06:03 AM

Having watch Ribery for several seasons now, I think I have a good gauge on where he is.  Remember that this is only his 3rd or 4th pro season.  There are games where he looks like crap (stretches of 3-4 games) and then all of a sudden he does stuff where you go WTF? How did he do that?  It's in those moments that he is worth his weight in gold.  However, he is not NEARLY consistent enough.  The last season and a half (ever since he didn't get his way to play for Real) he is either injured or only plays when he feels like it.  Ribery is a bit of a prima donna (well, more than a little) and I would LOVE for us to sell him for 50-65 mil euros.  Remember we got Robben vor 25.  Rather have 2-3 of him :) :)

Had REALLY big problems with van Gaal when he first arrived but am coming around on him.  You are slowly starting to see a system develop and people are getting used to it.  LOVE the way he brought in 5 rookies into the team, 2 of which have started all season. Mueller 20 (Forward), Badstuber 21(Defender) are now consideration for our National Team. Contento 19, Alaba 17, Ekici 19 have excellent chances to make the first squad next year (They played well this year when they had to).   Bayern has a EXCELLENT youth system and I wish they would invest an additional 20 mil euros into it vs buying one player.  Think about it Hargraeves played in our youth system since he was 13 or 14 and we ended up selling him for 35 mil euros to Man U.  Some of the others you might have heard about?  Lahm, Schweinsteiger and Trochowski.  There are countless others playing in the Bundesliga which got their start in the system.

We'll see in the years to come I guess.  I just love that we have a VERY young team right now...

YoozaHo

Starter

#38 : April 10, 2010, 12:32:47 PM

No scholty, he's in his third season with Bayern, he's actually in his 10th professional season (he turned 27 the day of the Old Trafford leg, Ryan Giggs was a 7 time Premier League winner and European Champion by his 27th birthday) and before finding stability at Munich he was a bit of a journeyman spending time at Marseille, Galatasaray in Turkey and a bunch of really bad French teams. For someone to be inconsistent as he is at his age is a sign of a bad player . ANY pro player can pull the odd trick out of his arse sometimes but Ribéry in my humkble opinion doesn't anywhere near merit his price tag, Munich are lucky we live in an age of a free spending Real Madrid and Man City coz no-one with half a brain would have him at £55million.

In Robben you have someone who can, when the moment takes him be an absolute artiste, othertimes he can be a snide fooker. To think he was a plane ride away from signing for United too back in 2004.

Hargreaves, don't get me started on him, the Bayern Munich doctors must have been pissing themselves laughing when we paid £17million for him. He might never play again. You're right though, your youth system is great at the minute

Love United Hate Glazer
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Congratulations on beating England at the World Cup « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools