Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Oh Snap! PFT taking a shot at Jamarcus using our boy Freeman... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9

kouki s14

Starter

#15 : April 02, 2010, 03:43:38 PM

SR here's a link for you.

He's saying they weren't Snyders typical type of recruits but I've heard Snyder say otherwise while not taking credit for who did the recruiting.   

Do you know who the rep was that recruited him?  A guy I knew from high school named Joe Bob Clements used to do a lot of it but I don't know if he's still with the program.

BURRRRRNNNNn lol.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 02, 2010, 03:34:55 PM

nope...NO SHOT TO PLAY FOR SNYDER....and raheem.....

Are you kidding? Freeman was being courted to stay by Bill Snyder. The Wildcats would have been much better off than with Grant Gregory at QB.

In fact, with Freeman we probably would have gone bowling last year. One of the reasons Freeman wanted to leave was to give his close friend, Carson Coffman (brother of former Mizzou TE Chase Coffman) the shot to be KSU's starting QB. Coffman began the season as the starter (by default) and then tanked it and was replaced by Gregory, a USF transfer.

Good info......thanks!

FartMan

Pro Bowler
#17 : April 02, 2010, 03:35:31 PM

There's little doubt he'd be better if Gruden were his coach.� �But he still has a shot.� Gru built a strong O line for him.

If Gruden was here he would probably end up as a spineless confused 3rd string QB with no confidence....like Chris Simms.

That's a good point... Simms has gone on to thrive since he got away from Gruden...

Now that we see actually how bad Simms really was... it's a wonder Gruden was able to win so many games with him in 2005.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 02, 2010, 03:47:22 PM

gradkowski has had more success with the greatness that is the raiders than he did with Gruden
There's little doubt he'd be better if Gruden were his coach.� �But he still has a shot.� Gru built a strong O line for him.

If Gruden was here he would probably end up as a spineless confused 3rd string QB with no confidence....like Chris Simms.

That's a good point... Simms has gone on to thrive since he got away from Gruden...

Now that we see actually how bad Simms really was... it's a wonder Gruden was able to win so many games with him in 2005.

gradkowski has had a better career with "the greatness that is the raiders" than he did with Gruden.....so how is any of this realevant?

PS-ever since Simms lost his spleen in action, he hasnt been the same. he wasnt that good to begin with, but i think that game was the begining of the end for Simms.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 03, 2010, 03:52:56 AM

In 2006 we won 2 of our last 9 games. In 2007 we won 5 of our last 9 games. In 2008 we won 4 of our last 9 games. Gruden had a veteran QB and alot more talent to work with and we finished the season just as bad as Rheem did last year (3-6) as a rookie head coach with a rookie QB, no real coordinators, and hardly any talent on defense.

I think we looked pretty decent for the most part in our last 9 games. Once Freeman took over and Rheem took over the defense, we were a much better team than the first seven games. Even though we finished as bad as we did under Gruden for the past three years, things look promising and we have a young franchise QB to watch. With Gruden it was never anything new to be excited about. Just more old vets each year.

Cool. Now do you wanna take a stab at addressing the facts I presented, things which Gruden's regime had to overcome? It's funny how everyone avoids those little annoying facts, I can't begin to imagine why.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 02, 2010, 06:29:02 PM

I am starting to come around on this Freeman kid. As long as this attitude turns into wins I like what I'm hearing from Freeman and sammie for that matter. As long as the FO can get some playmakers to help Freeman progress further I'll be ok with what is happening at OBP.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#21 : April 02, 2010, 06:32:52 PM

nope...NO SHOT TO PLAY FOR SNYDER....and raheem.....

Are you kidding? Freeman was being courted to stay by Bill Snyder. The Wildcats would have been much better off than with Grant Gregory at QB.

In fact, with Freeman we probably would have gone bowling last year. One of the reasons Freeman wanted to leave was to give his close friend, Carson Coffman (brother of former Mizzou TE Chase Coffman) the shot to be KSU's starting QB. Coffman began the season as the starter (by default) and then tanked it and was replaced by Gregory, a USF transfer.
No need to even bother SR. He doesn't add anything to the board and only spams.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#22 : April 02, 2010, 07:17:00 PM

Name one young QB that had success or showed improvement uner Gruden?

There is a reason Gruden had team's lead by old vets like Brad Johnson, Rich Gannon, Brian Griese, Jeff Garcia. The whole reason Gruden sucked as a coach and is no longer here is because he couldn't coach young men. He had to have old vets. Especially at QB. You Gruden lovers are ridiculous.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 02, 2010, 07:28:24 PM

There is a reason Gruden had team's lead by old vets like Brad Johnson, Rich Gannon, Brian Griese, Jeff Garcia. The whole reason Gruden sucked as a coach and is no longer here is because he couldn't coach young men. He had to have old vets. Especially at QB. You Gruden lovers are ridiculous.

He could coach just fine, he couldn't babysit might be a better way of putting it. Vets in the NFL know what it takes to win, that's why Gruden prefered them. What's truly ridiculous is how people act towards the only coach who has ever brought us a Super Bowl trophy, you people are almost angry at the guy.

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 02, 2010, 07:40:25 PM

What's truly ridiculous is how people act towards the only coach who has ever brought us a Super Bowl trophy, you people are almost angry at the guy.

Good, great, we're thankful for the trophy. But the QB carousel (probably shouldn't say carousel... see a 40 year old on a carousel would be rather weird) was killing this team. We were so inconsistent because of it.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#25 : April 02, 2010, 07:56:14 PM

He could coach just fine, he couldn't babysit might be a better way of putting it. Vets in the NFL know what it takes to win, that's why Gruden prefered them. What's truly ridiculous is how people act towards the only coach who has ever brought us a Super Bowl trophy, you people are almost angry at the guy.

I LOVE the guy for 2002. Its forever etched in my memory. Fortunately, it didn't buy him a lifetime pass. And 03-08 was enuff to make any Buc fan angry.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#26 : April 02, 2010, 08:28:14 PM

I LOVE the guy for 2002. Its forever etched in my memory. Fortunately, it didn't buy him a lifetime pass. And 03-08 was enuff to make any Buc fan angry.

^^^^^This!^^^^^

Plus, everyone knows it was the 2002 team was "Dungy's Team" anyway  ::)
HAHA! Just kidding, Climb down off the Skyway.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 02, 2010, 08:34:02 PM

If there weren't other factors involved I'd agree. To me it's not so cut and dry. What I mean is this:

1. While the defense was set for Gruden when he got here, the depth on this team was pretty abysmal...which was in large part due to Dungy's poor drafting.

2. Gruden was without several premium draft picks right from the jump.

3. He inherited an offense with virtually no talent.

4. He inherited a team whose cap situation was a mess.

5. It's well documented how little our ownership group has been willing to spend, even when our cap situation had long been straightened out.

So he had a team with very little depth on either side of the ball, an offense with only a few manageable pieces, no premium draft picks to help him quickly retool the roster, and after a couple of years an ownership group that refused to spend money. How exactly is any coach supposed to consistently field a competitive team given all of that? I understand it's the cool thing to do around here, blame Gruden for our mess, but lay the situation he walked into on any other team and I'm not sure the results would have been much different. I realize he blew some draft picks, all teams do, and they brought in some bum FA's, but that's not exclusive only to us. It happens to every team in the league, it was only magnified here because of the already unstable "foundation" that was in place when Gruden took over. Sure we had an all world defense, but it wasn't going to stay young forever.

When I read posts like the one I responded to, I get the impression that people believe that any other team...any other coach..would have handled Gruden's situation much better than he did. I don't think that's very realistic.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#28 : April 02, 2010, 08:38:26 PM

Stop Escobar.    You apparently did not receive the memo ... Gruden sucks (or was lucky apparently) and only liked crusty vets ... we are much better off now and should be thanking the Glazers for our 3-13 season and the opportunity to watch a HC "learn on the job"

LABuc

Starter

#29 : April 02, 2010, 08:43:28 PM

I gotta clap for this, he didn't do enough with the already sad draft picks he had to work with. If Gru was still here with the QB personnal we've had, Byron would have been the starter all year (barring the injury).

Derrick Brooks, NFL Hall of Fame Class of 2014.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Oh Snap! PFT taking a shot at Jamarcus using our boy Freeman... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools