Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 4th rd Grade on Shipley? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 13

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
: April 02, 2010, 11:14:52 PM

According to NFL Network's Mike Mayock, "most teams" have a fourth-round grade on Texas WR Jordan Shipley.

Mayock calls Shipley an "ideal slot receiver," and still thinks he could go in the third. Shipley's measurables aren't impressive, but he knows how to find soft spots in a zone and flashes the ability to make catches over his shoulder. We don't see him as a future starting outside receiver, though.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=5745

I think we'll be that team that gets him in the 3rd.

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

Hate

Hall of Famer
#1 : April 02, 2010, 11:20:53 PM

I'd be ecstatic with Shipley in the 3rd..... i just don't see him lasting that long.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#2 : April 02, 2010, 11:24:13 PM

I'd be ecstatic with Shipley in the 3rd..... i just don't see him lasting that long.

Why not Eric Decker?

Same guy...but younger...and was a possible 2nd round selection at one time. Id roll with a younger version of Ship or trade for Jordy Nelson.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#3 : April 02, 2010, 11:26:28 PM

Why not Eric Decker?

Same guy...but younger...and was a possible 2nd round selection at one time. Id roll with a younger version of Ship or trade for Jordy Nelson.

I know nuthin about Decker other than what i've read on here..... have watched Shipley play and love his game. Still can't figure out why so many are hung up on his age.... i see it more as maturity.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#4 : April 02, 2010, 11:31:58 PM

I must admit Hate the age thing with Shipley was a sore spot for me like many,until i saw him play vs Bama and he did the damn thing. Dude is a baller and I think this is where his age and 40 time hurt him enough to push him to the 3rd.

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#5 : April 02, 2010, 11:33:10 PM

Why not Eric Decker?

I know nuthin about Decker other than what i've read on here..... have watched Shipley play and love his game. Still can't figure out why so many are hung up on his age.... i see it more as maturity.

age really isnt the question for me...its just the amount of productive years I see in them. I mean honestly you always want draft picks to finish their careers where they started but for some reason I just see the dude like having 3-4 years left in him and at that point he will be pushing 30. I rather have a guy still have some life in the legs and still under that 30 mark.

God...all this youth movement has gotten me to believe if they are over 30 then they are on their last legs.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#6 : April 02, 2010, 11:35:11 PM

No one, in today's NFL, finishes their career where they start. If we get 5-6 yrs out of any player, we should consider ourselves lucky.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 02, 2010, 11:36:57 PM

Decker has good size but had several leg injuries the past couple seasons.   I think he got suspended for a game or maybe several games for punching a defender in the nuts.  So....could be a risky pick.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#8 : April 02, 2010, 11:39:03 PM

Why not Eric Decker?

How is he the same guy? LOL... bc he is white? He only has about 3 inches and 30 lbs on him, not too mention their styles are totally different.

They have 2 things in common. Both are white, and both are solid route runners. Other than that they are very different prospects.

Decker is a big physical outside receiver who uses his size, Jordan is a shifty quick slot type guy who relies on his quickness.

Seriously come on.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#9 : April 02, 2010, 11:40:43 PM

Decker has good size but had several leg injuries the past couple seasons.   I think he got suspended for a game or maybe several games for punching a defender in the nuts.  So....could be a risky pick.

Well if he has a lil fire/attitude, i already like him. I have no use for the Stovall types.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#10 : April 02, 2010, 11:41:39 PM

I think I was the first to say this. The guy has limited upside, an injury history, doesnt have great timed speed and is a couple years older than the majority of other prospects.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#11 : April 02, 2010, 11:42:59 PM

Decker has good size but had several leg injuries the past couple seasons.   I think he got suspended for a game or maybe several games for punching a defender in the nuts.  So....could be a risky pick.

Well if he has a lil fire/attitude, i already like him. I have no use for the Stovall types.

He [decker] is a hell of an athlete.  He has been drafted a couple times already by MLB teams.

GoBucs!

Second String

#12 : April 02, 2010, 11:50:05 PM

Freeman stated he wants Shipley anyways.....

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#13 : April 02, 2010, 11:52:16 PM

Shipley is a smaller guy. He would be good in the slot as the article suggests. We already have Sammy for that. I hope we pick up a big, bad ass WR somewhere, someplace.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#14 : April 02, 2010, 11:55:19 PM

I hope Tate lasts until 2a for us.  the BUcs sorely need a shifty YAC guy, with some juke moves.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 4th rd Grade on Shipley? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools