Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 4th rd Grade on Shipley? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 13

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#15 : April 03, 2010, 12:08:42 AM

Shipley is a smaller guy. He would be good in the slot as the article suggests. We already have Sammy for that. I hope we pick up a big, bad butt WR somewhere, someplace.

There are plenty of not-so-big WRs that don't play in the slot and are quite successful at it.... Reggie Wayne, Dexter Jackson, Santonio Holmes immediately come to mind.
Um, Dexter Jackson?

Is there another Dexter Jackson I am not thinking of?

EDIT: Oh you meant DeSean. Ok. Makes more Sense.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#16 : April 02, 2010, 11:59:50 PM

Tate + Decker is my dream for 2A and 4.... though I would take Decker in the 3rd.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#17 : April 03, 2010, 12:00:56 AM

Shipley is a smaller guy. He would be good in the slot as the article suggests. We already have Sammy for that. I hope we pick up a big, bad butt WR somewhere, someplace.

There are plenty of not-so-big WRs that don't play in the slot and are quite successful at it.... Reggie Wayne, Dexter Jackson, Santonio Holmes immediately come to mind.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#18 : April 03, 2010, 12:10:12 AM

Hate I know you meant Desean cuz that guy you mentioned should never be affiliated with real NFL caliber WRs.

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

Hate

Hall of Famer
#19 : April 03, 2010, 12:15:41 AM

lol... my bad guys. Long day.

CHRISHOVAN

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 03, 2010, 12:16:47 AM

I also saw Mayock say this tonight, and I'm expecting Shipley to be there in the 3rd round. Picking him at 2B is a little bit too early, so hopefully he's there at the top of the 3rd and we get him with that pick.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 03, 2010, 12:17:51 AM

Decker has good size but had several leg injuries the past couple seasons.� �I think he got suspended for a game or maybe several games for punching a defender in the nuts.� So....could be a risky pick.

Well if he has a lil fire/attitude, i already like him. I have no use for the Stovall types.

thats how i used to get open when i played football.  nut tap em.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 03, 2010, 12:26:11 AM

I'd be ecstatic with Shipley in the 3rd..... i just don't see him lasting that long.

Why not Eric Decker?

Same guy...but younger...and was a possible 2nd round selection at one time. Id roll with a younger version of Ship or trade for Jordy Nelson.

I know nuthin about Decker other than what i've read on here..... have watched Shipley play and love his game. Still can't figure out why so many are hung up on his age.... i see it more as maturity.

age really isnt the question for me...its just the amount of productive years I see in them. I mean honestly you always want draft picks to finish their careers where they started but for some reason I just see the dude like having 3-4 years left in him and at that point he will be pushing 30. I rather have a guy still have some life in the legs and still under that 30 mark.

God...all this youth movement has gotten me to believe if they are over 30 then they are on their last legs.

The Bucs drafted Clayton when he was  21 and only got one good year out of him. I'll take ANY player who can catch the damn ball every time, regardless of their age. Every time I look at Clayton, I miss Hilliard.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#23 : April 03, 2010, 01:19:38 AM

if there are talks of him being a 4th round receiver then he continues to be the most underrated receiver in the draft.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 03, 2010, 01:27:20 AM

Interesting i'd like him in round 3 possibly but if we miss him I'd love Roberts from Citadel.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 03, 2010, 02:03:27 AM

I've been saying this for the past 4 months. Wow

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 03, 2010, 02:09:50 AM

I think Decker is closer to what Hakeem Nicks was coming out last year.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 03, 2010, 09:56:57 AM

A 3rd round pick on a small, slow, old receiver would be terrible. I wouldn't touch him until the 5th.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#28 : April 03, 2010, 11:13:45 AM

A 3rd round pick on a small, slow, old receiver would be terrible. I wouldn't touch him until the 5th.

I just had to chuckle when reading that. FRG... that was some funny ish, dude.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#29 : April 03, 2010, 11:38:12 AM

If we want a white guy, why not Riley Cooper? He's bigger, faster, younger, and local, too.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 4th rd Grade on Shipley? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools