Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 4th rd Grade on Shipley? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13

Hate

Hall of Famer
#30 : April 03, 2010, 11:49:19 AM

If we want a white guy, why not Riley Cooper? He's bigger, faster, younger, and local, too.

White? How bout "gold".... as in Golden Tate. If he's there at 2a, he's my pick. All i care about is that we acquire a guy or 2 that will catch the damn ball when given the opportunity and do sumthin with it afterwards.

As just cannot understand all the hang-ups with Shipley's age. I just don't see it.

-------------------------------------------------------

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 03, 2010, 11:56:32 AM

Because Shipley is already farther along in his development than anyone he's played against. When he gets to the NFL he'll be behind everyone he's playing against.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#32 : April 03, 2010, 12:06:24 PM

Shipley in the 4th round would be a steal.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#33 : April 03, 2010, 12:12:04 PM

Surely professional coaching would improve Shipley - along with playing at a higher level... if he is there in the 4th - well one always looks around to see who is available but I could see the buccs taking him

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Hate

Hall of Famer
#34 : April 03, 2010, 12:14:51 PM

Because Shipley is already farther along in his development than anyone he's played against. When he gets to the NFL he'll be behind everyone he's playing against.

LOL.... aren't most rookies?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 03, 2010, 12:20:14 PM

Of course. The point is when he acclimates after 2-3 years he'll be 27 or 28. Another receiver would only be 24 or 25.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

pewtersmoker28

Pro Bowler

#36 : April 03, 2010, 12:20:35 PM

how many slot recievers do you need? we are not a mike leach or june jones 4 wrs team.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#37 : April 03, 2010, 12:22:02 PM

buccs are going to attract an age discrimination lawsuit... LMAO

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Hate

Hall of Famer
#38 : April 03, 2010, 12:24:03 PM

Of course. The point is when he acclimates after 2-3 years he'll be 27 or 28. Another receiver would only be 24 or 25.

whats wrong with 27-28?

How bout lookin at his age at a positive. Perhaps while the 21-22 yr old is out clubbing and partying, a more mature Shipley may have already gotten that outta his system.

I'm all for getting younger but this notion that Shipley is too old is crazy, to me.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#39 : April 03, 2010, 12:25:11 PM

how many slot recievers do you need? we are not a mike leach or june jones 4 wrs team.

With Olson's spread offense yes that is what the Bucs have become.

pewtersmoker28

Pro Bowler

#40 : April 03, 2010, 12:26:11 PM

whats wrong with 27-28?

How bout lookin at his age at a positive. Perhaps while the 21-22 yr old is out clubbing and partying, a more mature Shipley may have already gotten that outta his system.

I'm all for getting younger but this notion that Shipley is too old is crazy, to me.
its all madden talk. 

pewtersmoker28

Pro Bowler

#41 : April 03, 2010, 12:26:30 PM

please describe olsen's spread?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#42 : April 03, 2010, 12:33:41 PM

plz enlighten me.... what makes a WR a "slot receiver"?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#43 : April 03, 2010, 12:34:37 PM

a nite with tig.. oops - slot - my bad

pewtersmoker28

Pro Bowler

#44 : April 03, 2010, 12:37:08 PM

a slot is a weakside wr in my terminology, strongside would be a wing. can you tell me why?
how come you never answer the question? ....thats right, you cant.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 4th rd Grade on Shipley? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools