Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bradford far more likely to go #1 with McNabb trade « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#75 : April 05, 2010, 12:17:20 AM

4-12 when the first and second string QB's go out for the season by week 3?   I think that's more the norm than the exception no matter who the coach is.   Bad luck that year.

Followed it up with 9-7 and division championship.

But I thought Gru could coach em up?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#76 : April 05, 2010, 12:39:44 AM

Suh > McCoy.

And Raheem knows this man.

Having sat right next to Mark D when he talked about Suh, he knows it too.
Tell that to Fitz.

Often, people listen to everything but what their eyes are showing them.

All you have to do is watch Suh play.  I have.   For more than one game.  I have also watched Mike Williams from SU play, and think he is a legit NFL prospect.  He is a diva, but most "out on an island" types are.  I think Bradford is far too overrated, and Colt McCoy is highly underrated.  watched them as well.  I am not a HUGE college fan, but when I watch the game, I note who the NFL prospects are, and pay attention to them.

I have watched Claussen play, not impressed.  He is good in college, but I came away thinking he was not all that.

I thought Gaines was going to be a stud, I was wrong.  He was a decent pass rushing DE, and I am priviledged to see him score his touchdown against Chicago.

I watched a few of his games.  His game did not translate.  But most analysts said it would.

But what I see outta Suh is awesome.  It is about as sexy as a D-lineman can get.  You want to start snickering when they blow up linemen.  You want to cup your mouth and go "Oh DAAAAAMN!" when they hit the QB, even after they released the ball.  You want to see them reaching out and driving a lineman backwards at the same time.  Suh does that.

Plus he blocks kicks, plays coverage (his batted passes are not purely at the LOS), can catch the ball on offense, and he gets the "mmm..not so sure he is as good as McCoy treatment".  What has McCoy done to show he is even a hair better than Suh?  They play the same teams.  Suh is just better.

Yes, I want the dude as a Buc.  And most here do as well.

McCoy is a very large possibility, and if they get him, then I suppose I will have to "deal with it", and dudes are gonna start crap, and it is laughable.

I have said McCoy is not a guy I am going to cry about if they get him.  Have made my point vey clear.  But outta the 2, how could oyu not want Suh?

These so called draftnicks are clowns.  I think Sapp wants the Bucs to pick McCoy because he doesn;t want anyone to fill his shoes...and he knows Suh can.  He wants to be the "man" in Tampa forever.  He already is...

Is that a conspiracy theory or what?

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#77 : April 05, 2010, 12:43:21 AM

He would have the best chance.   But if he couldn't do it, nobody could.   That would have been an 0-16 year if Raheem had been HC.

What's the difference between using an inexperienced Gradkowski compared to an inexperienced Freeman?

Funny.   I guess you don't see a difference between a first round pick and a sixth round pick.   Raheem had his chance with an inexperienced non first round pick in Josh Johnson.   Didn't win a game.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#78 : April 05, 2010, 12:45:06 AM

And Josh Johnson is more talented than Gradkowski.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#79 : April 05, 2010, 12:46:08 AM

And Josh Johnson is more talented than Gradkowski.
I agree.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#80 : April 05, 2010, 12:47:09 AM

I'd like to have seen what Gruden could have done with Josh Johnson though.   

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#81 : April 05, 2010, 12:48:37 AM

I'd like to have seen what Gruden could have done with Josh Johnson though.
I would have liked to see what he could have done with K2.  And AB.

Johsnon would have been fun to watch under Gruden.

That time is long gone.  Time to accept reality man.  Glazers are stupid whenit comes to football.  We all know this.  NOBODY will dispute that.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#82 : April 05, 2010, 12:51:46 AM

Haha.   I know that time is gone.   Dumbest move in history firing Gru.   It's made the team a joke.   I'm just biding my time until perhaps the team is respectable again.   It won't come this year.   I'm hoping for another total collapse so Raheem is gone at year end.   But with that easy schedule, they are going to win about 6.  I hope 10 losses is enough to get him fired.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#83 : April 05, 2010, 04:58:41 AM

Point being, opinions are like anuses. �everyone has one. �Some are more functional than others apparently.

Suh > McCoy.

Draft "gurus" are stupid. �Tell me how accurate they are. �And when your numbers are pathetically bad, you can go to bed knowing why I do not place much on what these "opines" from people who copy one another...

I know you are still azzz chapped from the basketball game, but you can relax ace of spades. �I know you like to fight people, tell them where to meet ya and such...I have no such desire to do that. �MOCK GURUS are just parrots, and guys with opinions who work for a TV network. �YOU telling ME about the CRED of THOSE guys is insanely funny, because I have made it known I HATE MOCK DRAFT GURUS. I am sure you want to beat me up Chrispy Deluxe, but that aint gonna happen. �Spare me your address, and your opinion.

I have mine, and if you think McCoy is better than Suh, well...that is YOUR prblem, not mine. �

I am sure you have watched Suh play football right?

As well as McCoy.

;)

Look at you guys.  Tell me one thing I said that was wrong.  I said that the two most respected guys in the scouting business choose McCoy and you flip out! Start telling me how I like to fight people, how I'm mad about the bball game (actually, couldn't be more proud of my guys), etc. 

No, I don't care all that much that you guys are totally obsessed with Suh - the only thing thats "my problem" is that you're going after me for pointing out that these guys prefer McCoy. 

I'll be on the lookout for a Jonestown-style mass suicide when/if he goes #2 or we pass him up. 

And for the record, I've seen Suh play several games and McCoy play in person in the Fiesta Bowl and he got his arse kicked all day.

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#84 : April 05, 2010, 08:14:44 AM

Wow another Suh vs. McCoy debate.

I fall on the Suh side, I watched a lot of both this past year (admittedly more McCoy than Suh) and I just have to say every time I've seen Suh play, he dominated, no matter the level of the team he faced. McCoy...not so much.

I'm just praying that the Lions do one of the following -
A) Buy into the McCoy is better than Suh bullspit.
B) Decide protecting their franchise QB is more important
or
C)Decide stock piling picks by trading down with a team with a need for a QB or LT and not DT.

How about this? The Bucs blink. They trade #3 overall and a 3rd round pick in 2011 to move up one slot to guarantee they get Suh.

Mayhew will feel like a genius because he still gets an impact DT plus a high pick (presumably) and the Bucs fans will be dancing in the aisles because they got their man.

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#85 : April 05, 2010, 09:05:12 AM

Unless Detroit feels like a 3rd isn't enough to make up the difference between Suh & McCoy.

Then what? Do we throw a 2 or both 2's? Or next year's 1st? How much is too much?

What if McCoy turns out to be the better pro? The PR storm from that alone might capsize what's left of Raheem & Dom's little ship. I'm just not convinced that Suh is the next coming of  Joe Greene or Warren Sapp. I'm not totally sold on McCoy either but we have to pick one and live with it. I say sit still and take whomever drops to us.

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#86 : April 05, 2010, 06:26:33 PM

Point being, opinions are like anuses. �everyone has one. �Some are more functional than others apparently.

Suh > McCoy.

Draft "gurus" are stupid. �Tell me how accurate they are. �And when your numbers are pathetically bad, you can go to bed knowing why I do not place much on what these "opines" from people who copy one another...

I know you are still azzz chapped from the basketball game, but you can relax ace of spades. �I know you like to fight people, tell them where to meet ya and such...I have no such desire to do that. �MOCK GURUS are just parrots, and guys with opinions who work for a TV network. �YOU telling ME about the CRED of THOSE guys is insanely funny, because I have made it known I HATE MOCK DRAFT GURUS. I am sure you want to beat me up Chrispy Deluxe, but that aint gonna happen. �Spare me your address, and your opinion.

I have mine, and if you think McCoy is better than Suh, well...that is YOUR prblem, not mine. �

I am sure you have watched Suh play football right?

As well as McCoy.

;)

Look at you guys.  Tell me one thing I said that was wrong.  I said that the two most respected guys in the scouting business choose McCoy and you flip out! Start telling me how I like to fight people, how I'm mad about the bball game (actually, couldn't be more proud of my guys), etc. 

No, I don't care all that much that you guys are totally obsessed with Suh - the only thing thats "my problem" is that you're going after me for pointing out that these guys prefer McCoy. 

I'll be on the lookout for a Jonestown-style mass suicide when/if he goes #2 or we pass him up. 

And for the record, I've seen Suh play several games and McCoy play in person in the Fiesta Bowl and he got his arse kicked all day.

http://www.naturesongs.com/cricket1.wav

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#87 : April 05, 2010, 06:31:31 PM

(snicker)

Keep telling yourself "I win".  It might turn that frown upside down.

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bradford far more likely to go #1 with McNabb trade « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools