Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Caddy Williams Predictions?? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

yungbull

Starter
: April 05, 2010, 12:48:02 AM

How many people here think Caddy can return to his rookie form, stay healthy, and play to his previous potential?

If not, should the bucs be looking for a RB as early as round 3 in this year's draft?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1 : April 05, 2010, 12:49:21 AM

If he is back, who knows...

I would almost use him as trade bait.  Posiibly as a part of a package deal...(wink)

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#2 : April 05, 2010, 12:58:28 AM

I really dont care if we use him as draft bait or if he is our main guy this year. They just have to make do with our RBs this year and I think next year we should look to draft the RB for the future. I wish Noel Devine came out this year. would have loved to see us get him in the 4th or something.

JDrew

Rookie

#3 : April 05, 2010, 01:03:49 AM

I really dont care if we use him as draft bait or if he is our main guy this year. They just have to make do with our RBs this year and I think next year we should look to draft the RB for the future. I wish Noel Devine came out this year. would have loved to see us get him in the 4th or something.

I'd love to have Devine here as well, but I'm sure if he did declare this year that he'd be a 1st-2nd rd pick.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#4 : April 05, 2010, 01:11:11 AM

And after you gave him that award!   Traitor.

yungbull

Starter
#5 : April 05, 2010, 01:11:50 AM

I'd love to have Devine here as well, but I'm sure if he did declare this year that he'd be a 1st-2nd rd pick.

I agree, I don't next years class will be strong enough to push him past the 2nd.  

I'm guessing Derrick Ward is an afterthought now??

yungbull

Starter
#6 : April 05, 2010, 01:12:39 AM

Lol

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#7 : April 05, 2010, 01:20:42 AM

Lol

how embarrassing...

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : April 05, 2010, 01:27:32 AM

Ya, it's embarrassing to be a Buc fan now.   But you can be proud to be a Caddy fan.   He's a good player.

FortMyersDave

Pro Bowler
#9 : April 05, 2010, 01:32:12 AM

Devine had some issues while at North Fort Myers High.  I recall something being written about getting a girl pregnant and hanging around a bad crowd back then.  Deion Sanders was mentoring him and thought he should have gone to a prep school for a year before hitting IA football.  He had one minor incident at WVU involving underage drinking or something along that line. but since then nothing negative has been written about him.  Perhaps he has grown up.   Great football player but will have a few red flags when he does enter the draft which could hurt his stock.

yungbull

Starter
#10 : April 05, 2010, 01:38:30 AM

Devine had some issues while at North Fort Myers High.  I recall something being written about getting a girl pregnant and hanging around a bad crowd back then.  Deion Sanders was mentoring him and thought he should have gone to a prep school for a year before hitting IA football.  He had one minor incident at WVU involving underage drinking or something along that line. but since then nothing negative has been written about him.  Perhaps he has grown up.   Great football player but will have a few red flags when he does enter the draft which could hurt his stock.

Yeah, he had came from an unbelievably rough background, I also read while he stayed with Deion, he stole his credit card, and ran away from his home.  He later returned it and apologized.  I believe Deion made a huge impact on his life and helped him mature a little.  I think if he had a few more inches and lbs he'd be a definite first round pick even with the issues. 

JDrew

Rookie

#11 : April 05, 2010, 02:27:02 AM

Yeah, he had came from an unbelievably rough background, I also read while he stayed with Deion, he stole his credit card, and ran away from his home.  He later returned it and apologized.  I believe Deion made a huge impact on his life and helped him mature a little.  I think if he had a few more inches and lbs he'd be a definite first round pick even with the issues. 

ohhh ok. Makes sense.
Well I guess declaring next year would be more beneficial to him as long as he stays out of trouble.

He lets his troubles in his past be the past and he shows that he's matured.

Bucs Football 24/7

Second String

#12 : April 05, 2010, 10:25:35 AM

I think  Caddy will have a great year if........

1. We stick to running the ball every game and not abandon it early (ofcourse that means we have to be in the game in the 2nd half)

2. They dont use a running back by committee approach. Give Caddy the majority of the carries. Since he has improved his blitz pick up and catching out the backfield, he shouldnt come out the game uness he needs a oxygen break or if he is hurt.

3.Our O-line plays to their potential

4. If the bucs can get a good WR to keep those safties out the box

skip

Starter

#13 : April 05, 2010, 11:19:58 AM

When healthy Caddy is a decent back, nothing great. The Bucs don't have a stud running back on its roster.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#14 : April 05, 2010, 11:21:55 AM

When healthy Caddy is a decent back, nothing great. The Bucs don't have a stud running back on its roster.

Can you name a stud running back in the Bucs history?
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Caddy Williams Predictions?? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools