Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Caddy Williams Predictions?? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Bucfanut

Starter

#15 : April 05, 2010, 11:26:34 AM

When healthy Caddy is a decent back, nothing great. The Bucs don't have a stud running back on its roster.

Can you name a stud running back in the Bucs history?

Wouldn't James Wilder count?

FortMyersDave

Pro Bowler
#16 : April 05, 2010, 12:06:00 PM

When healthy Caddy is a decent back, nothing great. The Bucs don't have a stud running back on its roster.

Can you name a stud running back in the Bucs history?

Wouldn't James Wilder count?
Yes and Ricky Bell as well.

#17 : April 05, 2010, 12:12:01 PM

Caddy will be fine this year IMO.  I think he's figured out how to protect himself better when running.

The ABSOLUTE MUST is getting this oline to play together in one well-defined blocking system.   Otherwise Caddy is going to struggle.

Another wildcard is Freeman.   Remember him saying last week he wants to be the guy calling all the protections?...  That's going to be a twist and it very well could effect Caddy's performance.

Caddy stepped up and IMO fixed the catching the ball issue last season.

I hope we pick up a bruiser type back to rotate in (Blount, Gerhart, Bell, Dixon all fit the bill IMO.)   I'm still decidedly undecided about Ward's value.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 05, 2010, 03:41:48 PM

If we scrap this ridiculous time share that Raheem "brilliantly" thought up, he will play very well. How is it that I know Carnell plays better the more carries he gets, yet Raheem and his dopey group of frauds don't know it? It's fact that Carnell gets stronger as the game goes on, his second half splits in ypc, td's, and total yards are all higher than his first half numbers. We either need to trust he will stay healthy and give him 20+ carries EVERY game, or we need to trade him, period. No sense in keeping him around if we aren't going to use him properly.

If Raheem does happen to stumble across the "how to use Carnell" chapter in his Football for Dummies book, then I can easily see him surpassing his rookie totals in every category. Especially against this weak schedule we have this year.

1800 total yards and 12-15 total td's is realistic.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 05, 2010, 04:41:25 PM

If we scrap this ridiculous time share that Raheem "brilliantly" thought up, he will play very well. How is it that I know Carnell plays better the more carries he gets, yet Raheem and his dopey group of frauds don't know it? It's fact that Carnell gets stronger as the game goes on, his second half splits in ypc, td's, and total yards are all higher than his first half numbers. We either need to trust he will stay healthy and give him 20+ carries EVERY game, or we need to trade him, period. No sense in keeping him around if we aren't going to use him properly.

If Raheem does happen to stumble across the "how to use Carnell" chapter in his Football for Dummies book, then I can easily see him surpassing his rookie totals in every category. Especially against this weak schedule we have this year.

Every single time they've tried to place the whole load on Caddy, he breaks before the end of the season.

GoBucs!

Second String

#20 : April 05, 2010, 05:20:39 PM

Trade him and Ward, pkg those picks you get and another try n get Spiller or Best if there in 2nd

escobar

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 05, 2010, 06:03:41 PM

Every single time they've tried to place the whole load on Caddy, he breaks before the end of the season.

So if we had given him "starter" carries last year, he would have definitely gotten hurt? Spare me Ms. Cleo. Carnell ran very well last year and even expressed frustration regarding his lack of playing time. That means he was feeling good and could have been used more. As I said, if we don't feel he will remain healthy (which you seem to be insinuating) then we need to trade him for whatever we can. Feed the ball to our overpriced FA "prize" of last year and draft a RB in a few weeks.

JoshJohnson11

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 05, 2010, 06:07:17 PM

I see Caddy not being as good as his rookie year but having a 1000 yard season isn't out of the question, But anyway yeah I think we should pick up a running back this year in the draft.
I mean Caddy isn't really young anymore for his position and we all know Ward can't do anything so I'd be all for picking up Mathews or McCluster in the 2nd round or so.

Please leave your message after the beep.BEEP!!!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#23 : April 05, 2010, 06:35:24 PM

having a RBBC approach last season may have spared Carnell from an early departure.

Too bad Ward couldn't do his part.

In a sense, the RBBC approach can be attributed to why Carnell made it the entire year...and I am proud of the dude. 

I just do not think he is a Franchise Back.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 05, 2010, 06:41:17 PM

having a RBBC approach last season may have spared Carnell from an early departure.

In a sense, the RBBC approach can be attributed to why Carnell made it the entire year...and I am proud of the dude. 

That may be true. I just wish we would either trust him or move on. As I said he is more productive the more carries he gets, let him have them and see what happens. If we would have and he had gotten hurt...we could have moved on..but we didn't so we don't know.

I don't see him getting starting reps so I'm starting to lean towards a draft day trade if the situation presents itself.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#25 : April 05, 2010, 06:45:18 PM

That may be true. I just wish we would either trust him or move on. As I said he is more productive the more carries he gets, let him have them and see what happens. If we would have and he had gotten hurt...we could have moved on..but we didn't so we don't know.

I don't see him getting starting reps so I'm starting to lean towards a draft day trade if the situation presents itself.
He just hasn't done enough to warrant NOT drafting a good back eventually, and the Ward signing is not going to make his chances easier.

Add Huggins into the formula, and throw in Smitty with his sprinklings, and it is obvious why the Bucs will not go with Carnell as Franchise.

Someone has to go...that RBBC appraoach was awful....get one back going, and then send him to the pine to cool off.

Pathetic.  It was an example of the poor coaching done by Raheem.  His handling of the RBs, and the QB situation (as well as the pathetic challenges), were simply unacceptable.  Raheem needs to indeed, stick to a plan.  He was wishy washy as hell last year.

#26 : April 05, 2010, 07:45:25 PM

I get your point Escobar, but the RBBC is not a Coach Morris brainstorm.   That was Gruden's influence on our offensive staff.  Right, Wrong or indifferent.

What Morris did was make the mistake of explaining it to the media and us fans.

There has to be a balance in the situation still...   I'm STILL not sure Caddy should or could carry the entire load.   I want a pile driver to compliment caddy...

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 05, 2010, 07:51:38 PM

Based on his career averages, Carnell would need 441 touches to reach that yardage total.  28 per game.  Those touches would be good for 8th all-time.  Too much for most running backs, much less a guy who struggles with injuries.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#28 : April 05, 2010, 07:53:29 PM

Maybe our defense will play well enough that we can run the ball 50 times a game like the Jets.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#29 : April 05, 2010, 08:23:04 PM

Based on his career averages, Carnell would need 441 touches to reach that yardage total.  28 per game.  Those touches would be good for 8th all-time.  Too much for most running backs, much less a guy who struggles with injuries.

His career averages are skewed by his injuries and usage. For example because of his injuries, the latter part of 2008 (when he played the last several games) and the first half of 2009 (his first games played after full recovery) represent a decent chunk of his overall career. In other words, his averages, IMO, don't match up with his actual talent level and the 441 touches you mentioned would never be needed to reach the numbers I listed.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Caddy Williams Predictions?? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools