Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Caddy Williams Predictions?? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Hate

Hall of Famer
#30 : April 05, 2010, 10:07:40 PM

If we scrap this ridiculous time share that Raheem "brilliantly" thought up, he will play very well. How is it that I know Carnell plays better the more carries he gets, yet Raheem and his dopey group of frauds don't know it? It's fact that Carnell gets stronger as the game goes on, his second half splits in ypc, td's, and total yards are all higher than his first half numbers. We either need to trust he will stay healthy and give him 20+ carries EVERY game, or we need to trade him, period. No sense in keeping him around if we aren't going to use him properly.

If Raheem does happen to stumble across the "how to use Carnell" chapter in his Football for Dummies book, then I can easily see him surpassing his rookie totals in every category. Especially against this weak schedule we have this year.

1800 total yards and 12-15 total td's is realistic.

Every single time they've tried to place the whole load on Caddy, he breaks before the end of the season.

So if we had given him "starter" carries last year, he would have definitely gotten hurt? Spare me Ms. Cleo. Carnell ran very well last year and even expressed frustration regarding his lack of playing time. That means he was feeling good and could have been used more. As I said, if we don't feel he will remain healthy (which you seem to be insinuating) then we need to trade him for whatever we can. Feed the ball to our overpriced FA "prize" of last year and draft a RB in a few weeks.

Until the guy can prove he can carry the load, he has to be treated with kid gloves.

-------------------------------------------------------

escobar

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 05, 2010, 10:49:23 PM

If we scrap this ridiculous time share that Raheem "brilliantly" thought up, he will play very well. How is it that I know Carnell plays better the more carries he gets, yet Raheem and his dopey group of frauds don't know it? It's fact that Carnell gets stronger as the game goes on, his second half splits in ypc, td's, and total yards are all higher than his first half numbers. We either need to trust he will stay healthy and give him 20+ carries EVERY game, or we need to trade him, period. No sense in keeping him around if we aren't going to use him properly.

If Raheem does happen to stumble across the "how to use Carnell" chapter in his Football for Dummies book, then I can easily see him surpassing his rookie totals in every category. Especially against this weak schedule we have this year.

1800 total yards and 12-15 total td's is realistic.

Every single time they've tried to place the whole load on Caddy, he breaks before the end of the season.

So if we had given him "starter" carries last year, he would have definitely gotten hurt? Spare me Ms. Cleo. Carnell ran very well last year and even expressed frustration regarding his lack of playing time. That means he was feeling good and could have been used more. As I said, if we don't feel he will remain healthy (which you seem to be insinuating) then we need to trade him for whatever we can. Feed the ball to our overpriced FA "prize" of last year and draft a RB in a few weeks.

Until the guy can prove he can carry the load, he has to be treated with kid gloves.

How is it possible to prove it if you aren't given the chance? They are going to have to trust him, it's the only way. You can never "prove" you can handle 20+ carries if you are only given 10-15. He stayed healthy last year, if they won't give him starter reps this year they never will.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#32 : April 05, 2010, 11:00:19 PM

How is it possible to prove it if you aren't given the chance?

Never given the chance?

T

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 05, 2010, 11:07:40 PM

Back on subject Caddy will probably never return to his rookie form, especially if the Bucs plan to do a RB by committee aproach yet again. I could see Caddy getting 600-700 yds and Ward could chip in with 300-400 if the Offensive line plays to their potential and Freeman doesn't have to throw it 50 plus times. I'm a big time Caddy fan but with those injuries I doubt we'll ever see the 2005 model of Caddy again

Hate

Hall of Famer
#34 : April 05, 2010, 11:17:58 PM

Long time no see, T

escobar

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 05, 2010, 11:23:48 PM

Never given the chance?

I mean last year. Towards the end of the year when he was still healthy, and talking about how tough it was to get in a rhythm only to get sent to the bench, he should have started to receive more carries. He didn't...now we are left wondering if he would have been able to handle it. I thought the entire point of last season was to "try out" our players to see which ones were to be part of our future? If we don't give Carnell starter reps this year or trade him before the season then I have no clue why he was retained.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#36 : April 05, 2010, 11:26:36 PM

The guy would draw zero trade interest.....IMO, of course.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#37 : April 05, 2010, 11:34:39 PM

The guy never even really was who he was his rookie year. He's never had back to back 100 yard games since the 3rd game of his rookie year. Heck even in those first 3 games the second game was his "good" game because in the first game other than that 71 yard run he was doing not much of anything. In the third game it was 37 carries to get his yards.

To me there's no rookie year to get back to.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#38 : April 05, 2010, 11:36:25 PM

The guy never even really was who he was his rookie year. He's never had back to back 100 yard games since the 3rd game of his rookie year. Heck even in those first 3 games the second game was his "good" game because in the first game other than that 71 yard run he was doing not much of anything. In the third game it was 37 carries to get his yards.

To me there's no rookie year to get back to.

Glad you posted that...... I didn't wanna go there and be seen as "Hatin'"

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#39 : April 05, 2010, 11:40:13 PM

Glad you posted that...... I didn't wanna go there and be seen as "Hatin'"

I'll suffer those slings and arrows- since I already do.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#40 : April 05, 2010, 11:47:16 PM

We traded Alex Smith for a 5th rounder I believe. You mean to tell me you think he has more value to a team than Carnell?

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#41 : April 06, 2010, 11:42:30 AM

We traded Alex Smith for a 5th rounder I believe. You mean to tell me you think he has more value to a team than Carnell?

Alex Smith never had any serious injury issues.  He averaged 32 receptions, 313 yards, and 3 touchdowns a season -- as a (semi) backup tight end in a pass-challenged offense.  He had loads of potential, and just wasn't given much of an opportunity.  Carnell has been given nothing but opportunities, and continues to tease, but ultimately disappoints.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#42 : April 06, 2010, 11:47:23 AM

Never given the chance?

Literally every season Williams was made the feature back, he didn't make it through the year unscathed.  The one year he splits the carries, he plays all 16 games.  That can't be a coincidence.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#43 : April 06, 2010, 11:58:33 AM

It's not a coincidence biggs. I've been saying it for years, the only reason why he was any kind of productive in college was because of Ronnie Brown. He is NOT a feature back. He needs someone to split carries with him.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#44 : April 06, 2010, 02:00:47 PM

Never given the chance?

Literally every season Williams was made the feature back, he didn't make it through the year unscathed.  The one year he splits the carries, he plays all 16 games.  That can't be a coincidence.

Which is why I said if last year was a tryout year as we were told, he should have been given more carries. It was a throw away year, feed the ball to Carnell and see if he can handle a full load. If he can't we move on, if he can we keep him. Didn't work that way, and now we have a player whose value to the team is unknown. Many players come back stronger after surgeries, we need to see what we have in this guy.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Caddy Williams Predictions?? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools