Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sportingnews.com has Bruce Allen as the early favorite for Executive of the Year « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9

white dragon

Practice Squad

#15 : April 05, 2010, 10:02:09 AM

Wow Executive of the Offseason! Nice Accomplishment!

white dragon

Practice Squad

#16 : April 05, 2010, 10:02:30 AM

and lol @ Haynesworth offer

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 05, 2010, 10:11:57 AM

Allen deserves that award.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 05, 2010, 10:30:49 AM

Allen deserves that award.
Come on, man.

I've always said there was a problem with drafting.  That's why I said Allen should probably be fired, but it made no sense to fire Gruden.   He's a damn good head coach.   

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 05, 2010, 10:38:25 AM

He hasn't drafted yet.   He's weak at that.  He's strong at what he's been doing.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 05, 2010, 10:48:28 AM

Last year when the Bucs had some highly rated guys available in the 2nd round, but they traded down - I turned to my brother and said "Fire Allen right now, he's clueless".    I still think Gruden is a good coach.   I don't think Allen is worth a crap in the draft room.

Sometimes, I do miss Gruden's firey attitude. I think his main downfall was that he requires his offense to be so damn complicated, and he started to outsmart himself near the end.

The problem was that Allen stocked the team with garbage players.   Can't win with that.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 05, 2010, 10:52:49 AM

He hasn't drafted yet.   He's weak at that.  He's strong at what he's been doing.
  Yep; like father like son... On the Eagles side of the fence, now that they have more ammo to work with, I'm wondering if they're gonna try to move UP in the draft... and grab a QB themselves...

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 05, 2010, 10:58:41 AM

Last year when the Bucs had some highly rated guys available in the 2nd round, but they traded down - I turned to my brother and said "Fire Allen right now, he's clueless".    I still think Gruden is a good coach.   I don't think Allen is worth a crap in the draft room.

Sometimes, I do miss Gruden's firey attitude. I think his main downfall was that he requires his offense to be so damn complicated, and he started to outsmart himself near the end.

The problem was that Allen stocked the team with garbage players.   Can't win with that.

Nice, ahaha.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 05, 2010, 11:02:00 AM

Allen was better than Dominik.   However Gruden is, was and always will be light years better than Raheem.

Had Allen given Gruden more to work with, Gruden would have won the superbowl every year. 

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 05, 2010, 11:03:13 AM

It's good to know I've gotten so far under FRG's skin.  LOL!

JDrew

Rookie

#25 : April 05, 2010, 11:44:24 AM

He hasn't drafted yet.   He's weak at that.  He's strong at what he's been doing.

Being a terrible GM? I agree.

quezilla

Hall of Famer
#26 : April 05, 2010, 11:48:20 AM

Wait until the draft... j/k I like Bruce.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 05, 2010, 04:59:48 PM

Funny, Allen is in Washington only a few months and he's already allowed to bring in a player far superior to any player the owners let him bring in the entire time he was here. Go figure. One day people around here will wake up and realize Gruden/Allen brought in players they COULD, not necessarily always the players they wanted.

Umm, didn't he try to trade for Favre a couple of years ago and GB decided to deal with the Jets instead of the Bucs?

Yes. Although I'm not sure what your point is. We never got him, although I remember reading a quote from Gruden where he said he went to bed that night thinking it was a done deal. Obviously in the end we (Allen or the Glazers or both) wouldn't offer what Green Bay wanted.

watson

Hall of Famer
#28 : April 05, 2010, 01:20:20 PM

Yep; like father like son... On the Eagles side of the fence, now that they have more ammo to work with, I'm wondering if they're gonna try to move UP in the draft... and grab a QB themselves...
I was listening to Fox Sports early this morning and they said that Andy Reid and the coaching staff are really high on Kevin Kolb and their plan is to turn the team over to him.  If that is true, I don't think they would move up to get a QB.  On the other hand, if they could move up and grab Suh or McCoy my bet is they would do it in a second.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

#29 : April 05, 2010, 01:28:32 PM

Wait, wait, wait! The Redskins are winning the off-season? Since when has that happened?  ::)

The article also says Willie Parker and Larry Johnson were good signings. I will leave it at that.
This

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sportingnews.com has Bruce Allen as the early favorite for Executive of the Year « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools