Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs could be a suitor for Alex Brown « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #15 : April 05, 2010, 09:45:57 PM »

Who what?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #16 : April 05, 2010, 09:46:17 PM »

I'd rather re-visit this after the draft. If we end up with a good player in the 2nd round I'm going to want him to get some snaps, as well as other young players like Crowder and Moore. We already have one 30+ year old DE starting, there's really no upside for a 3-13 team to start two guys like that.

DE's will rotate and as of now we don't have a starter at that LDE spot unless Wilkerson comes back and he's not as good a player as Brown.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #17 : April 05, 2010, 09:51:04 PM »

I'm fine with Crowder starting at LDE. LDE is a throwaway position, anyways, and the least of the Bucs' problems on the defensive line.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

2xcomingJ.C

Second String

« #18 : April 05, 2010, 09:55:11 PM »

the key line in this thread and why its not an issue worth talking, several teams.....
you put a fork in the bucs interest.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #19 : April 05, 2010, 09:59:38 PM »

I'm fine with Crowder starting at LDE. LDE is a throwaway position, anyways, and the least of the Bucs' problems on the defensive line.

It is a Robin spot for sure but we don't know anyone on this roster even reaches that state.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #20 : April 05, 2010, 10:02:21 PM »

But of course, it would create trepidation amongst us peons who have "bought into" the youth movememnt. I haven't...but just saying...

Count me as one of those that doesn't feel the entire team must be made up of 20sumthings.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

« #21 : April 05, 2010, 10:02:48 PM »

Bring him in, but still draft a DE or two.

2xcomingJ.C

Second String

« #22 : April 05, 2010, 10:07:10 PM »

the only way he is coming to tampa is if their is no competition for him...

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #23 : April 05, 2010, 10:08:26 PM »

It is a Robin spot for sure but we don't know anyone on this roster even reaches that state.
I thought Crowder was decent when he was in there. He hasn't even turned 25 yet. They also spent a 4th on Kyle Moore for some reason. Unless he's in the Alan Zemaitis zone, you have to give him some snaps. The only reason I want Brown is if we don't like any of the RDE's available in the 2nd so we work out a White/Brown platoon where White can focus on passing downs and Brown can be the more base end. I don't want Brown as LDE.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #24 : April 05, 2010, 10:08:34 PM »

But of course, it would create trepidation amongst us peons who have "bought into" the youth movememnt. I haven't...but just saying...

Count me as one of those that doesn't feel the entire team must be made up of 20sumthings.

Youneed veterans.

The NFL is a mans game.  Obviously.  But it takes themental toughness of a man to grind through weeks of punishment.

I wouldnot be opposed to sprinkling the lineup with cagey vets, but I have never considered Brown to be a leader, and I follow the Bears because a very good friend of mine is a huge Bears fan.  Urlacher was a mouthpiece.  Briggs was a doer, leader by example much like Brown is.

Brown is a coaches dream, he does what he is told, he is a grunt, who has some ribbons pinned on his chest.

Not opposed to the guy, but not so sure about the leadership aspect.

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #25 : April 05, 2010, 10:15:35 PM »

PFT has him visiting the Saints tmrw.

2xcomingJ.C

Second String

« #26 : April 05, 2010, 10:16:52 PM »

PFT has him visiting the Saints tmrw.
get over it.....he is not coming here.......

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #27 : April 05, 2010, 10:20:57 PM »

get over what?

2xcomingJ.C

Second String

« #28 : April 05, 2010, 10:23:08 PM »

alex brown or any other vet coming to tampa that has any offer from another  team.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« #29 : April 05, 2010, 10:26:43 PM »

alex brown or any other vet coming to tampa that has any offer from another team.

Is that you smoker?
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs could be a suitor for Alex Brown « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools