Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs could be a suitor for Alex Brown « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

2xcomingJ.C

Second String

#30 : April 05, 2010, 10:27:45 PM

nope. i was a lonely visitor when he was hanging here.

CHRISHOVAN

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 05, 2010, 11:34:40 PM

I don't think the Bucs have any interest in Brown. I think they would much rather re-sign Wilkerson.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#32 : April 05, 2010, 11:36:15 PM

I don't think the Bucs have any interest in Brown. I think they would much rather re-sign Wilkerson.

Why? Wilkerson is a worse player than Brown and that was before he got hurt. There's no football reason to have that preference and even on cost we've got so much flippin' cap room it doesn't matter if we sign a guy.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

CHRISHOVAN

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 05, 2010, 11:45:21 PM

Why? Wilkerson is a worse player than Brown and that was before he got hurt. There's no football reason to have that preference and even on cost we've got so much flippin' cap room it doesn't matter if we sign a guy.

Besides Brown being 31 and Wilkerson being 29, Wilkerson only had one less sack than Brown did in the last two seasons and Wilkerson is versitile enough to play inside at 3-technique on third downs. Wilkerson can also be had at a much cheaper price. Brown is also out of the price range the Glazers are willing to pay and is not in their budget. Also, there's no salary cap this year, so "cap room" doesn't have anything to do with it. If there was a cap, we would be over 45 million dollars under, but because there isn't a cap, the Glazers are not obligated to get close to the cap floor, which is one of the reasons they are refusing to sign free agents that can't be had for minimal contracts.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#34 : April 05, 2010, 11:46:51 PM

Besides Brown being 31 and Wilkerson being 29, Wilkerson only had one less sack than Brown did in the last two seasons and Wilkerson is versitile enough to play inside at 3-technique on third downs. Wilkerson can also be had at a much cheaper price. Brown is also out of the price range the Glazers are willing to pay and is not in their budget.
talib wins.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#35 : April 05, 2010, 11:52:02 PM

Lol @ Boid!

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#36 : April 06, 2010, 01:19:09 AM

Besides Brown being 31 and Wilkerson being 29, Wilkerson only had one less sack than Brown did in the last two seasons and Wilkerson is versitile enough to play inside at 3-technique on third downs. Wilkerson can also be had at a much cheaper price. Brown is also out of the price range the Glazers are willing to pay and is not in their budget. Also, there's no salary cap this year, so "cap room" doesn't have anything to do with it. If there was a cap, we would be over 45 million dollars under, but because there isn't a cap, the Glazers are not obligated to get close to the cap floor, which is one of the reasons they are refusing to sign free agents that can't be had for minimal contracts.

Health, there's nothing wrong with Brown and we have no idea what might be amiss with Wilkerson.  Wilkerson can play inside but then again being terrible at another spot isn't a point in his favor. Brown is much better vs the run than Wilkerson is. While there is no cap this year there will be next and so you could object to his cap cost but that won't be an issue given how far under we are.

It is one thing for the owners to be cheap and stupid, it is another for fans to accept that line of thinking.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#37 : April 06, 2010, 01:55:48 AM

Brown often plays inside on 3rd downs

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#38 : April 06, 2010, 01:59:05 AM

"It is one thing for the owners to be cheap and stupid, it is another for fans to accept that line of thinking."  -dalbuc

Nice!

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

#39 : April 06, 2010, 04:05:16 AM

Brown often plays inside on 3rd downs

Yes, he's a 3 down DE that is able to play LDE, RDE or UT ... not just a pass-rushing DE.  Put that in your pewter and smoke it.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#40 : April 06, 2010, 06:58:44 AM

IMO there's really no difference between a healthy Brown and Wilkerson other than past reputation.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs could be a suitor for Alex Brown « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools