Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: So much for building for the future « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 13

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 05, 2007, 08:40:17 PM

whine,cry,we aren't going to the SB anytime,lets get prepared next year picking top 5.  Im ready for Darren McFadden sweepstakes! or the best saftey since Ed Reed the Kenny Phillips sweepstakes!!!

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 05, 2007, 08:40:49 PM

10 guys over 30 who are starting, from what it looks like...

There are still plenty of FAs out there and who knows how many snaps those 30+ year old players will be playing after we get a young draft class behind them.

#17 : March 05, 2007, 08:40:54 PM

I posted it before, and i'll post it again.... Before this offseason, Gruden needed to be extended(so he'd feel secure enuff to rebuild) or fired (so we wouldn't turn into an old folks home). I know its still early but I'm not liking the current stream of 30 somethings. And one of them retired or we'd have another.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#18 : March 05, 2007, 08:41:15 PM

The Bucs have 5 picks in the top 100 of the 2007 draft.  I am not sure what would please some people?  20 day one picks? ???

Im with you man, this team has way too many holes to fill to not bring in vetrean FAs.

I do not understand the panic that has set in with Buc nation the last several days. ???

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#19 : March 05, 2007, 08:41:52 PM

The Bucs have 5 picks in the top 100 of the 2007 draft.  I am not sure what would please some people?  20 day one picks? ???

Im with you man, this team has way too many holes to fill to not bring in vetrean FAs.

I do not understand the panic that has set in with Buc nation the last several days. ???
Bucnation?

You china?

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 05, 2007, 08:43:52 PM

The Bucs have 5 picks in the top 100 of the 2007 draft.  I am not sure what would please some people?  20 day one picks? ???

I think people had very high expectations for this offseason because of the cap money we had available and all the big name guys avaliable (in the end almost all of them were franchise tagged). So I think people are just dissapointed we arent bringing in the Adalius Thomas' and the Nate Clements'.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 05, 2007, 08:45:10 PM

I posted it before, and i'll post it again.... Before this offseason, Gruden needed to be extended(so he'd feel secure enuff to rebuild) or fired (so we wouldn't turn into an old folks home). I know its still early but I'm not liking the current stream of 30 somethings. And one of them retired or we'd have another.

We were going to end up bringing in vet. FAs no matter what. Ill say it again and again this team has far too many holes to simply rely on the draft.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#22 : March 05, 2007, 08:45:28 PM

The Bucs have 5 picks in the top 100 of the 2007 draft. I am not sure what would please some people? 20 day one picks? ???

Bucnation?

You china?

Nai!

The Bucs have signed so far at the start of this off season:

Winborn (under 30)
Buchanon (under 30)
Cox (under 30)
Chuk (under 30)
Garcia (over 30)
Carter (over 30)
Simms (under 30)
Traded for Plummer (over 30)
Askew (under 30)

Am I missing something or has hysteria taken over? ???

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 05, 2007, 08:45:46 PM

Warren Sapp is 34. He had 10 sacks last season. Kevin Carter has been in the league exactly the same number of seasons Sapp has (they both came in to the league in 1995 -- ironically, Carter was drafted sixth overall, the slot the Bucs traded out of). Carter has more career sacks than Sapp.

gone

Hall of Famer
#24 : March 05, 2007, 08:46:17 PM

Take a chill everyone.  FA is less than a week underway.  There is a lot more going on than is showing right now.  And get over the 4-12.  There isn't always a whole lot of difference between 4-12 and 11-5. 

If a team that went 11-5 can drop to 12-4 with no real changes to personnell, they can get back to 11-5 with some minor changes.  But there is something going on here, and it'll break sooner or later.  We didn't spend all this time waiting to just sit this year out. 

If nothing else, the knock you haters have on Gruden and Allen is that they waste money.  Isn't it odd then that they are so quiet right now?

Stop hating and start thinking, the FA game is only beginning...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#25 : March 05, 2007, 08:47:31 PM

Warren Sapp is 34. He had 10 sacks last season. Kevin Carter has been in the league exactly the same number of seasons Sapp has (they both came in to the league in 1995 -- ironically, Carter was drafted sixth overall, the slot the Bucs traded out of). Carter has more career sacks than Sapp.
He played a different position when he tallied 17 in a year.  Makes a difference, and the responsibilities are immensley different.

Sapp is never going to be a DE (like he was for a few moments in Raidertown, in which he failed).  But when he is screaming up the gut, he makes a big change in things.

For a while, he was "The best defensive player in the universe"...per a certain Dennis Miller, MNF.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 05, 2007, 08:48:21 PM

I don't think its panic as it is so much a let down. Everyone wants us to be good. We finally have some room to breath and what have we done to get better?

I'm still giving the FO the benefit of the doubt but thus far this is not what I had expected. They said slow with the cash but they also said "watch what we do" and "we will be shopping at the good stores". We have low balled everyone and it has not been impressive...

Baghead #2

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#27 : March 05, 2007, 08:48:28 PM

god some people are just natural born whiners. seriously. garcia was NEEDED.. backup or starter, he was NEEDED. the plummer deal, nobody knows wtf is going on with that. and then theres kevin carter... are you that opposed to our **CENSORED**ty defensive line getting help??

some people are NEVER happy and cant wait to hit that big red panic button.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#28 : March 05, 2007, 08:49:19 PM

Carter never played DT?  Are you kidding? ???

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#29 : March 05, 2007, 08:49:36 PM

With the recent signings, it's obvious that Gruden wants to win right now with veterans rather than struggling for a couple more years while grooming young players. I guess the pressure from the media and goober fans who want him fired for losing last year has gotten to him. I'm a little disappointed in that approach since I'd prefer to see us build a great team for the future rather than patch together a team of different veterans every year.

damn right.  the team fed us a line of bull about long term plan and smart spending now that we are out of cap hell.  Our FA strategy is all about stop gaps.  
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: So much for building for the future « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools