Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: So much for building for the future « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

« #30 : March 05, 2007, 08:49:47 PM »

I do not understand the panic that has set in with Buc nation the last several days. ???

I don't think its panic as it is so much a let down. Everyone wants us to be good. We finally have some room to breath and what have we done to get better?

I'm still giving the FO the benefit of the doubt but thus far this is not what I had expected. They said slow with the cash but they also said "watch what we do" and "we will be shopping at the good stores". We have low balled everyone and it has not been impressive...

and if we spent 80 mill on clements and 100 mill on two lineman you'd be just full of joy wouldnt you?

no you and  others would be crucifying allen for getting raped.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #31 : March 05, 2007, 08:50:37 PM »

I'm all for developing young players but who on the roster is being held back? Are people concerned Carter is going to stunt the growth of Julian Jenkins? Face it, the team has expended next to no premium draft picks and no big time free agent money on the defense. There's no one there. Whoever these older players are replacing suck.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

« #32 : March 05, 2007, 08:51:14 PM »

I agree with you guys who are saying it's premature to make a final judgement.    I'm sure Allen has some more moves he's going to make.    So I'll wait until after the draft to make a judgement on the direction this team is headed.  

But right now it looks to me like Garcia and Carter are both going to start this year and that they are just one or two year patches.    That's not a good strategy for building for the future in my opinion.   I'd rather see the Bucs take ass whippings for another year or two while they build a young team.    Garcia and Carter are fine to have on the team for veteran leadership - I just don't want them to play much.   I'd rather see them help with grooming younger players so we can win in 2 -3 years.    Are we going to win the superbowl this year with Garcia at QB?   I seriously doubt it.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
« #33 : March 05, 2007, 08:51:35 PM »

Our FA strategy is all about stop gaps.  

Winborn (under 30)
Buchanon (under 30)
Cox (under 30)
Chuk (under 30)
Garcia (over 30)
Carter (over 30)
Simms (under 30)
Traded for Plummer (over 30)
Askew (under 30)

Have you been paying attention to who the Bucs have signed thus far?  Seriously has hysteria taken over Buc nation? ???

gone

Hall of Famer
« #34 : March 05, 2007, 08:51:39 PM »

With the recent signings, it's obvious that Gruden wants to win right now with veterans rather than struggling for a couple more years while grooming young players. I guess the pressure from the media and goober fans who want him fired for losing last year has gotten to him. I'm a little disappointed in that approach since I'd prefer to see us build a great team for the future rather than patch together a team of different veterans every year.

damn right.  the team fed us a line of bull about long term plan and smart spending now that we are out of cap hell.  Our FA strategy is all about stop gaps. 

I'm starting to lose a ton of the respect I had for the vets here. 

STOP PANICING!!!

It's too early and there are still moves being made, just get a frickin grip people...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #35 : March 05, 2007, 08:53:03 PM »

Winborn (under 30)
Buchanon (under 30)
Cox (under 30)
Chuk (under 30)
Garcia (over 30)
Carter (over 30)
Simms (under 30)
Askew (under 30)

Have you been paying attention to who the Bucs have signed thus far?  Seriously has hysteria taken ove Buc nation? ???
How many starters are you listing?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #36 : March 05, 2007, 08:54:06 PM »

He played a different position when he tallied 17 in a year.  Makes a difference, and the responsibilities are immensley different.

Sapp is never going to be a DE (like he was for a few moments in Raidertown, in which he failed).  But when he is screaming up the gut, he makes a big change in things.

Of course. My point is, people seem to complain a lot about losing Sapp and the fact that he notched 10 sacks last year but Carter (who is a year younger than Sapp) must be a washed-up has been waste of roster and cap space.

I'll rely more on Larry Coyer and Monte Kiffin's assessment.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
« #37 : March 05, 2007, 08:56:13 PM »

WE have been getting cheap players for cheap for so long that we still shop that way even when we have money. weak! i sure hope we get some good youg D guys in the draft

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #38 : March 05, 2007, 08:56:53 PM »

and if we spent 80 mill on clements and 100 mill on two lineman you'd be just full of joy wouldnt you?

no you and  others would be crucifying allen for getting raped.

LOL yeah good one there on bud....

And yeah, I have supported and still do support Gru/Allen. Don't pull that BS on me about being anti Allen or whatever. Just because I bring into question certain things doesn't make you anti buc FO...

Baghead #2

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #39 : March 05, 2007, 08:57:15 PM »

Not to say I told you so, but............. :o

alldaway

Hall of Famer
« #40 : March 05, 2007, 08:57:35 PM »

Winborn (under 30)
Buchanon (under 30)
Cox (under 30)
Chuk (under 30)
Garcia (over 30)
Carter (over 30)
Simms (under 30)
Askew (under 30)

Have you been paying attention to who the Bucs have signed thus far? Seriously has hysteria taken ove Buc nation? ???
How many starters are you listing?

What does that have to do with anything?

Changing the arguement?

First it was most of the players the Bucs signed where stopgaps.

I guess we will find out who ends up starting.  

All I I know is the Bucs o-line is the youngest in the league and the offense overall is the youngest.  The defense is old but the Bucs quietly re-signed Winborn and Buchanon both starting quality under the age of 30.

Bucs have 5 picks in the top 100 of the draft.

Logic and rationality has been lost it seems.  :D

gone

Hall of Famer
« #41 : March 05, 2007, 08:58:16 PM »

I'm truly amazed at the full-fledged panic here.  I think I can count the members who are still thinking rather than freaking on one hand....

stereochemistry

Pro Bowler

« #42 : March 05, 2007, 08:58:22 PM »

He played a different position when he tallied 17 in a year. Makes a difference, and the responsibilities are immensley different.

Sapp is never going to be a DE (like he was for a few moments in Raidertown, in which he failed). But when he is screaming up the gut, he makes a big change in things.

Of course. My point is, people seem to complain a lot about losing Sapp and the fact that he notched 10 sacks last year but Carter (who is a year younger than Sapp) must be a washed-up has been waste of roster and cap space.

I'll rely more on Larry Coyer and Monte Kiffin's assessment.

But Dan, didn't you hear?  They have nothing to do with which defensive players Allen goes after.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #43 : March 05, 2007, 09:00:36 PM »

I cannot believe this! I am a gru/allen guy and the whole thing about shopping at the nice stores and "watch what we do" and all this looks to be just bull. Its going to take a miracle trade to make things brighten up.

I know guys are getting tons of money but wait until next year when the cap goes up and the salaries go up yet again. This is the same song and dance we have seen for years. Bringing in old vets that may or may not give us 2 years of good play (if we are lucky) In the meantime you Ken Hamlin out there who is young and could be a difference maker for this team for years to come. Where the hell is he?

I have heard we are being laughed at by representing agents of certain players by just low balling the hell out them.
Cville, Allen has been writing contracts in this league for years.  He uses 5 year deals frequently, and rarely gets stuck iwth cap issues he can't solve.  We will see more when the details come out.  I am not put off by Allen's moves at all.  He knows how to get things done and has shown that ability repeatedly. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #44 : March 05, 2007, 09:01:35 PM »

But Dan, didn't you hear?  They have nothing to do with which defensive players Allen goes after.

LOL. Of course, how did I not know that?
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: So much for building for the future « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools