Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simon out for year ... Trade them Booger! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

gone

Hall of Famer
#30 : October 07, 2006, 09:00:06 PM

Maybe because they think Trueblood is ready or the knee just wasn't coming around.

I think it would be ridiculous to throw in the towel after three games.   I think its funny how some fans have been talking Superbowl and then a month later they want to the Bucs to just give up and wait til next year.

Just for the record, these fans are in favor of just scrapping the year right now. In other words they have given up.  Because regardless of what you think of Booger, there is no legit backup.

ALL DA WAY
BOID FINK
CARADOC
TRUE PIRATE
BUCKIT (big shock there)
CORRUPT PIRATE

Some fans.  I've been the first one to bash unrealistic homer fans, but to give up on the season after 3 games?  Three games?????  Thats ridiculous. I hope our players have more heart than some of our fans.
And exactly where do you come up with me on that list?

Lets see. is it because I think we are going to be better now than under Simms?
Because I said I'm excited to see the youth coming up?
Maybe it's because I think that the Staff may have given up the ghost? (based on the Yatta thing)
Maybe it was my post on where to find 8 wins this year?

I don't think we're done, mainly because I think Simms was at least 80% of our offensive woes.

If you didn't notice that, then you haven't been reading my posts and it's pretty fscking obnoxious of you to put me on a list like that Senator McCarthy.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#31 : October 07, 2006, 09:09:48 PM

You think the Bucs have packed it in because they shut down Kenyatta and because you say "I think the staff has decided its done." 

Thats the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard, that an NFL staff is packing it in after three weeks.

gone

Hall of Famer
#32 : October 07, 2006, 09:41:14 PM

You think the Bucs have packed it in because they shut down Kenyatta and because you say "I think the staff has decided its done." 

Thats the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard, that an NFL staff is packing it in after three weeks.
That staff went into this year with major questions in key spots along the O.  Clayton, Yatta, Mahan and Most importantly Simms.  And all of them have done absolutely nothing to reassure anyone.  On the contrary, the first two have maintained mediocrity and the last 2 flat out sucked.  I suppose you don't read a single thing into the timing of the Yatta surgery?  I think it's pretty clear the staff knows that the O they started the season with isn't going to do it.  They're operating under the "we couldn't do any worse" with the rooks philosophy and who knows, they can easily be better.  If you don't think that almost EVERY player on this team right now is on the bubble, you aren't paying attention.  They are going with the rooks because there is nothing in the vets.  At best they do a great job.  At worst they get valuable experience.  This staff has CLEARLY shown in the past that they will play any shot at getting into the postseason, and now they are cleaning house.  THey HAVE given up on the O from the first 3 weeks.  There is hope in the rooks there, but these changes indicate they are not terribly concerned if they don't make it to the playoffs.  As much as we all hate Yatta, at THIS POINT, True is a clear downgrade from him.  Putting him in the same game as a new QB says a LOT. 

And if you itch so much, get it treated dude.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#33 : October 07, 2006, 10:45:49 PM

And if you itch so much, get it treated dude.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 07, 2006, 11:29:53 PM

If Wyms or anybody else was better then Kiffin would be starting him.

Considering how the defense has fared thus far I believe we have a right to question Kiffen at this point in time.  Do not forget that Booger is a starter also for salary cap reasons.

OldBloodandBucs

Starter

#35 : October 08, 2006, 02:10:00 AM

More trouble than giving up 306 yards rushing?

If we do it, it should be done.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simon out for year ... Trade them Booger! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools