Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PR ALERT: BUCS NEVER PURSUED HOLMES « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#105 : January 18, 2011, 11:42:12 AM

29 NFL organizations are not in desperate need for a WR. Without a true #1, this team is going to be really bad.
Good things the Bucs found one.
They are putting tall their eggs in one basket...The Bucs are hope whoever they pick in the 2nd round turns out to be a superstar.
Actually he was a 4th round pick.
Because fans are tired of watching every other organization improve their teams while the Bucs slash payroll to the lowest in the NFL and claim we are building through the draft.

They are feeding us bullcrap. And everyone with a brain knows it.
So the Bucs didn't improve?
If that was the REAL plan, it would be a different story. But that's not really what they are doing. Every move the organization has made over the past half-decade has been to cut costs and cut corners. It has nothing to do with improving the quality of the product.
No improvement. Yup.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#106 : January 18, 2011, 12:49:54 PM

I would have traded for and signed Holmes... and STILL would have drafted Williams.  To me, the signing of Holmes should have simply meant the release of Maurice Stovall.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#107 : January 18, 2011, 12:52:23 PM

I would have traded for and signed Holmes... and STILL would have drafted Williams.  To me, the signing of Holmes should have simply meant the release of Maurice Stovall.
The guy who had 7 receptions? There's only one ball to go around and more catches for Holmes means fewer for Benn, Spurlock, and Briscoe, so the Bucs don't really gain anything.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#108 : January 18, 2011, 01:03:46 PM

I would have traded for and signed Holmes... and STILL would have drafted Williams.

Sure.  Sure you would have drafted Benn, traded for Holmes, and still drafted Williams.  Um hm.

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#109 : January 18, 2011, 01:51:19 PM

I understand wanting more character guys after last season and I can buy that his suspension will put him behind in the season but I really have a hard time believing that was the only factor.   Couldn't have anything to do with the fact he would need to be resigned and would demand a big contract.  lol   Glazers are cheap and there just isn't any way around it.   If you guys want to believe that Raheem and Dom didn't want a guy like that to be the number one receiver then you are nuts.   They'd take him in a heartbeat but we all know who is responsible for the lack of spending.    I think if I were Raheem or Dom and wasn't allowed to trade a 3rd round pick or lower for him then I'd walk.   Screw the paycheck those owners are dooming you to fail.   Better to get out now instead of 2 years from now when no one will even look at your resume.
Oh No. The Sky is falling. Epic Fail.

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#110 : January 18, 2011, 02:00:49 PM

It's totally obvious we're being cheap. A 5th rounder is nothing important to either team. Age wasn't a factor either.

High profile guys? More like cheap players. If I could get a superbowl winning WR for a fifth, and had to wait 4 games, I'd still be all for it. There is NO excuse for this one. An to think we get Marshall after this is dumb. If they aren't paying a 5th, they sure aren't paying 2 2nds or a 1st. We are officially out of the Marshall sweepstakes.

And to say the guy is "bad" is kind of slanted coming from Buc fans. It's not like we didn't have Pittman (who imo, did worse) or Stevens (same). Lets not forget, we also have a few other ex-Bucs in trouble as well. It's all an excuse not to pay any money. Why the hell don't you guys see that?

It's not like there isn't ALWAYS an available excuse with any player. The Glazer Bros, or anyone else can make up excuses why not to sign anyone. They've been doing that for some time now.
The Only thing we see is that your an overzealous unknowledgeable football fan.
: January 18, 2011, 02:02:39 PM PWNASAURUS

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#111 : January 18, 2011, 04:57:53 PM

Say what you will about him but he is one of the reasons the Jets are playing Sunday.  He made at least 2 game winning catches for them during the season.  He had a decent year despite missing the 1st 4 games.  http://www.nfl.com/players/santonioholmes/profile?id=HOL657297

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#112 : January 19, 2011, 02:03:05 PM

I would have traded for and signed Holmes... and STILL would have drafted Williams.

Sure.  Sure you would have drafted Benn, traded for Holmes, and still drafted Williams.  Um hm.

Actually, I'd have traded for Holmes... traded down (or back up), and drafted Dez... then drafted Williams.  This teams 2 biggest needs were DT and WR.  There's no guarantee that any of the WR's would pan out.  The more you have, the better your chances of hitting.
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PR ALERT: BUCS NEVER PURSUED HOLMES « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools