Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PR ALERT: BUCS NEVER PURSUED HOLMES « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 12, 2010, 01:44:43 PM

The Bucs were smart not to go after him. What the crybabies refuse to realize is, he got traded for a 5th round pick for a reason. Teams just don't trade great players for 5th rounders.

Exactly...they only do that with 4th rounders like the Raiders did with Moss.

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 12, 2010, 01:47:33 PM

There is so much whining on this board!  Had the Bucs traded for Holmes, you all would be crying that the front office traded a valuable 5th round pick for a guy that's not even going to play for 1/4 of the season.

Perhaps the Jets have enough depth at WR to make that move, but the Bucs certainly don't.  This is a big year for the young QB, Freeman, and he needs receivers that will be there from the start and help the team build momentum as the season progresses.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

sma2680

Practice Squad

#17 : April 12, 2010, 01:45:18 PM

There is so much whining on this board!  Had the Bucs traded for Holmes, you all would be crying that the front office traded a valuable 5th round pick for a guy that's not even going to play for 1/4 of the season.

Perhaps the Jets have enough depth at WR to make that move, but the Bucs certainly don't.  This is a big year for the young QB, Freeman, and he needs receivers that will be there from the start and help the team build momentum as the season progresses.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 12, 2010, 01:47:41 PM

I highly doubt that.  You will have a few haters criticizing the move, but that’s only because they dawg on everything the current regime does…

A good majority of us would applaud Dominik for that…

And I don’t get your point of not going after him because he will be suspended 4 games.  Maybe the Bucs should have benched Tanard Jackson the entire year last year.  He certainly ruined their success off of their sizzling 0-4 start.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 12, 2010, 01:50:03 PM

There is so much whining on this board!  Had the Bucs traded for Holmes, you all would be crying that the front office traded a valuable 5th round pick for a guy that's not even going to play for 1/4 of the season.

Perhaps the Jets have enough depth at WR to make that move, but the Bucs certainly don't.  This is a big year for the young QB, Freeman, and he needs receivers that will be there from the start and help the team build momentum as the season progresses.
I highly doubt that.  You will have a few haters criticizing the move, but that’s only because they dawg on everything the current regime does…

A good majority of us would applaud Dominik for that…

And I don’t get your point of not going after him because he will be suspended 4 games.  Maybe the Bucs should have benched Tanard Jackson the entire year last year.  He certainly ruined their success off of their sizzling 0-4 start.

Or maybe they learned from that experience last year and decided not to add another problem to the team

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 12, 2010, 01:50:33 PM

So Doug (pertaining to my post above-reply #8)

Who would you rank as having a worse WR core then the Bucs of the 29 incompetent teams.

BucsMagic64

Starter

#21 : April 12, 2010, 01:52:18 PM

The Bucs were smart not to go after him. What the crybabies refuse to realize is, he got traded for a 5th round pick for a reason. Teams just don't trade great players for 5th rounders.

At the time, most people considered Moss done. Besides, he was traded to the best orginization in the league (arguably). If he was traded to a bad team, he would've been the same lazy player he was in Oakland.

Some of you people just want to cry. The Steelers dumped this guy for a reason. He's a long suspension waiting to happen, and he's no Randy Moss either.....just stop crying and wait for the draft. We'll add some WR help there.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 12, 2010, 01:52:31 PM

They want a long term player to grow with Freeman.  Holmes wont be that guy for financial and off the field reasons.  

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 12, 2010, 01:54:56 PM

So Doug (pertaining to my post above-reply #8)

Who would you rank as having a worse WR core then the Bucs of the 29 incompetent teams.

Ask me after the draft when the rosters are finalized.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 12, 2010, 01:56:39 PM

At the time, most people considered Moss done. Besides, he was traded to the best orginization in the league (arguably). If he was traded to a bad team, he would've been the same lazy player he was in Oakland.

Some of you people just want to cry. The Steelers dumped this guy for a reason. He's a long suspension waiting to happen, and he's no Randy Moss either.....just stop crying and wait for the draft. We'll add some WR help there.
I’m not crying…just don’t be all surprised when Freeman has a subpar Sophomore year.

I don’t even think Peyton Manning could succeed with the current WR core…and hate to break it to you, but nobody in the draft will change that this year…..and that is certainly important when it comes to the development of your franchise QB.

If we add Brandon Marshall, then by all means, I’ll stop my “crying”…but if we don’t add a #1 WR….(or even a #2 for that matter), then don’t expect progress from Freeman….

BucsMagic64

Starter

#25 : April 12, 2010, 01:58:01 PM

They want a long term player to grow with Freeman.  Holmes wont be that guy for financial and off the field reasons.  

Exactly. People don't want to look at the big picture.

BucsMagic64

Starter

#26 : April 12, 2010, 02:05:48 PM

I’m not crying…just don’t be all surprised when Freeman has a subpar Sophomore year.

I don’t even think Peyton Manning could succeed with the current WR core…and hate to break it to you, but nobody in the draft will change that this year…..and that is certainly important when it comes to the development of your franchise QB.

If we add Brandon Marshall, then by all means, I’ll stop my “crying”…but if we don’t add a #1 WR….(or even a #2 for that matter), then don’t expect progress from Freeman….

Why won't anyone we draft help? Where do you think Santonio Holmes came from? You think the Steelers jut showed up to his door and gave him an blank check and told him to write any number he pleases on there? They drafted him.

Our WRs don't look good, but if Freeman is a good QB he will get the most out of them. We don't know how good Stroughter will be either, he's young and improving. We'll add a high pick WR to the mix. Our WRs won't be a high pick in your fantasy draft, but we will be okay if Freeman develops properly.

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#27 : April 12, 2010, 02:08:14 PM

This is a very reasonable post.

Morris knew something about Holmes through Tomlin.  I think the guy is heading for a suspension, probably he's already got something boilin behind the scenes (like throwing a glass at some chic) thats a 1 year suspension waiting to happen.  If we had traded for Holmes and he subsequently got suspended for the entire season, there would be even more bombinick/radiohead threads than their are now.  It was a smart move, and most of the fan upheaval is just knee-jerk IMHO.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#28 : April 12, 2010, 02:13:20 PM

Glad he is not here for multiple reasons, which have already been expounded very clearly in the above posts.

Don't wish to remunerate them.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

calicojack

Starter
#29 : April 12, 2010, 02:15:48 PM

So, if I'm reading right, the Bucs want high character players... and they have Dez Bryant and Mike Williams in for a visit?  I don't get it...

Would you trade Alex Smith for Santonio Holmes?  That 5th round pick is what they got for their injured TE...

The Dream Team
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PR ALERT: BUCS NEVER PURSUED HOLMES « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools