Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Monte should retire. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

#30 : March 06, 2007, 11:49:25 PM

Unless I am missing something and Itchalot enjoys wasting his time, this is a legit
question from him. So the ones who were noting the sarcasm, what is your
opinion on Itch's call for Monte to retire? It seems that the ones who thought
this was a sarcastic post would disagree with Itch. So let's hear it.

I want Monte to stay but he brings up valid points.
Yes he does, as others have said you wonder if this whole 'Gruden's fault for old D' argument is to be placed on Monte for wanting old players, if say...Raheem Morris is our DC do we see him pushing for a guy like say...Ken Hamlin over KK? That's a valid question, though of course Monte won't get any scrutiny and it's all just GruAllen hating on the D.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#31 : March 07, 2007, 12:36:21 AM

Monte is a great coach and carter was not overpaid. All the people who loved white I have news for you. He is not a superstar and monte nows. Carter will make a impact. Monte is good enough to be a head coach
FYI, he has turned down 2 or 3 HC job offers.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#32 : March 07, 2007, 12:47:06 AM

He's turned down two or three offers? Which ones?

I personally see him as a DC and not a head coach.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#33 : March 07, 2007, 01:29:47 AM

Strange how your last little thread 'disappeared.'  And you joined yesterday!

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#34 : March 07, 2007, 01:25:38 AM

Karen it was the Nebraska Cornhuskers who offer The "Kiff" to a 5 year deal worth 29 million. Which he declined of course.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#35 : March 07, 2007, 01:08:28 AM

After the SB, he turned down the Chargers.  More recently he turned down St Louis.  There may have been another I'm not remenbering.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#36 : March 07, 2007, 01:23:55 AM

Monte Kiffin's system(NOT DUNGY'S) is the best yet most complicated cover two in the league. He wants to sit in the film room with his defense and teach them as much as he can. It's obvious he doesn't want all the headaches of total team control.  The "Kiff" lives for the defensive side of the ball and none of the off feild type of things. This guy is what every coach around should model themselves after. He has no personal agenda besides making his system and players in it better. He's a motivator and a leader. Without Monte Kiffin you wouldn't even know Rod Marinelli, Joe Barry or Mike Tomlin is. Kinda hard to belive Dungy would be where he is at without The Kiff.(And Payton Manning, Mike Alstott, Derrick Brooks, Warren Sapp, John Lynch, Ronde Barber) Sorry to you guys who think Lord Dungy is more than a figurehead. He's not!

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

coolhandluke

Starter

#37 : March 07, 2007, 06:56:19 AM

Well Karen if he has turned down HC Jobs that says alot about how he feels about Jon Gruden and his leadership!!!

Just like Alstott staying here  and all the FA that want to come here.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#38 : March 07, 2007, 07:31:05 AM

In Monte I trust.

What the Fink said.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#39 : March 07, 2007, 09:01:21 AM

Well Karen if he has turned down HC Jobs that says alot about how he feels about Jon Gruden and his leadership!!!

Just like Alstott staying here and all the FA that want to come here.

I think it says more about his loyalty to 'his guys' & the Bucs.  He was a Buc before Jon.  And I haven't seen any long lines of FAs at 1 Buc.

bucboy 64

Second String

#40 : March 07, 2007, 09:11:48 AM

No i guess the 5 that signed hate Gruden but love Simms, thats why they signed.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#41 : March 07, 2007, 09:28:02 AM

Never said that bucboy. buy there's a lot coming in & going out.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#42 : March 07, 2007, 10:11:22 AM

Monte is a great coach and carter was not overpaid. All the people who loved white I have news for you. He is not a superstar and monte nows. Carter will make a impact. Monte is good enough to be a head coach
San Fran is all I ever heard of. Thank you to the always vilified Glazers for stepping up and giving Monte a huge raise to stay.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#43 : March 07, 2007, 05:52:43 PM

Monte Kiffin's system(NOT DUNGY'S) is the best yet most complicated cover two in the league. He wants to sit in the film room with his defense and teach them as much as he can. It's obvious he doesn't want all the headaches of total team control. The "Kiff" lives for the defensive side of the ball and none of the off feild type of things. This guy is what every coach around should model themselves after. He has no personal agenda besides making his system and players in it better. He's a motivator and a leader. Without Monte Kiffin you wouldn't even know Rod Marinelli, Joe Barry or Mike Tomlin is. Kinda hard to belive Dungy would be where he is at without The Kiff.(And Payton Manning, Mike Alstott, Derrick Brooks, Warren Sapp, John Lynch, Ronde Barber) Sorry to you guys who think Lord Dungy is more than a figurehead. He's not!
True but all those guys have pretty much proven they weren't just riding Kiffin's coattails either.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#44 : March 07, 2007, 09:11:00 PM

San Fran is all I ever heard of. Thank you to the always vilified Glazers for stepping up and giving Monte a huge raise to stay.
San Fran & St Louis.  There may be 1 more.  And he gets paid like a lot of HCs.  Worth every penney.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Monte should retire. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools