Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Brandon Marshall be had for less than a first rounder? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Buc31

Starter

: April 13, 2010, 05:25:02 PM

if we don't trade for Marshall I'd hope we draft two wideouts

Totally agree. But, I would rather we trade for BM and draft 1 receiver.
Marshall and Mike Williams would be sweeeeeeeeet
Marshall and Shipley would be perfection

We already have Stroughter

Rather it be Williams later and we can still focus defensively early.
+1

s0uthFLbucfan

Starter

#1 : April 13, 2010, 12:24:48 PM

I know a lot of people are saying we should trade a 2nd rounder for him, but I just dont think that is going to be enough. Hes young, proven and a top 5 wideout. His price tag will not go down come draft day, the Broncos are not that stupid. The Seahawks have a glaring need at wideout and are going to offer thier first round pick. The bucs are going to have three options

Swap first rounders with Denver.

Trade next years first rounders.

Watch Marshall go to the seahawks.

"We're going to be d--- good,"-
Kellen Winslow II. Novemeber 15, 2009

#2 : April 13, 2010, 12:26:47 PM

listing to the guys on sirrus, they think he can be had for less then a first.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#3 : April 13, 2010, 12:27:42 PM

The price tag has gone down on trouble wide receivers.

The Broncos will either lower their price tag or be stuck with a player they don't want there and who doesn't want to be there.

jrbuc19

Second String

#4 : April 13, 2010, 12:28:18 PM

i would have no problem if suh  is gone  trading first with  denver getting marshall  and then maybe drafting spiller!  look at the  toys we have #5  to play with!  we could always get a DT in the 2nd!

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#5 : April 13, 2010, 12:28:31 PM

Considering that NYJ got Holmes for a 5th, I'd say the price for Marshall has dropped like a non-waterfront home in Cape Coral.

Denver should be thinking about taking a 3rd at this point.

s0uthFLbucfan

Starter

#6 : April 13, 2010, 12:30:38 PM

Considering that NYJ got Holmes for a 5th, I'd say the price for Marshall has dropped like a non-waterfront home in Cape Coral.

Denver should be thinking about taking a 3rd at this point.

Holmes is a free agent next year, and one drug test away from missing the whole season

"We're going to be d--- good,"-
Kellen Winslow II. Novemeber 15, 2009

Booker

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 13, 2010, 12:35:46 PM

Of course he is. If he was going for a first someone would have signed him to an offer sheet.

bigbucco

Rookie

#8 : April 13, 2010, 12:44:41 PM

The Bucs should think hard about trading for Marshall in the second round.

We should get a helluva talent with our own pick (third overall) in the second round. I wouldn't trade that one. But get on the phone immediately afterward, and if Marshall is still available, I would think that other high second-rounder would be awfully tempting to the Broncos. If he's still their property they should take what they can get, knowing that a better offer might never come. And at that point I wouldn't even sweeten the pot if I were the Bucs. They would have all the leverage and could simply sit back and pick another great prospect (maybe even a WR) if there's no trade.

That's my scenario and I'm sticking to it.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#9 : April 13, 2010, 01:03:04 PM

The longer Marshall stays on the market, the lower his price is going to be. Only the Seahawks have had him in for a visit and they haven't jumped to throw down their 1st round pick for Marshall.

IMO, he will be traded on Friday the 23rd for either a 2nd or 3rd round pick. He's on the last year of his rookie contract (similar to Holmes) so he's going to want a big contract or he'll go to FA as soon as there is a CBA agreement. Without the contract extension, he's basically a 16 game rental. In light of all the bad press that the NFL has been getting these days, not too many clubs are going to be hungry for a malcontent receiver.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

heyman_BUCu!

Second String

#10 : April 13, 2010, 01:14:12 PM

As it's being  said. A team could still get first rd talent with either of our second round pics. With that in mind we could get Suh/McCoy with the first, possibly D. Thomas/G. Tate with 2a. And Marshal with 2b and a mid to high pick next year. That would still leave us alot of options to address defense in the 3rd and 4th with some immediate playmakers.Just get me L. Blount in the 5th, and let K. Huggins touch the ball this year! ;D

Damn Rah :-/.

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer
#11 : April 13, 2010, 03:49:42 PM

I think if Seattle doesn't bite on the 1st he can definetly be had for a second.  The fact that he was to have a meeting with McDaniels today and they did it over the PHONE not even face to face says a lot about the relationship there I think.

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#12 : April 13, 2010, 04:01:08 PM

Why is it when I open this thread, it asks me to login to some http://IP address? Anyone else?

Buc31

Starter

#13 : April 13, 2010, 04:06:53 PM

if we don't trade for Marshall I'd hope we draft two wideouts

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#14 : April 13, 2010, 04:15:09 PM

Why is it when I open this thread, it asks me to login to some http://IP address? Anyone else?

Yes, and I have no idea.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Brandon Marshall be had for less than a first rounder? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools