Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Brandon Marshall Traded To Dolphins « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 14 15 16

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#225 : January 30, 2011, 06:14:06 PM

I'm a Damien Williams guy. Still think he'll end up being great eventually. Might not be for the Titans, but he'll be great for some team.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#226 : January 30, 2011, 06:48:35 PM

I think Brandon Marshall and Mike A Williams on the same team would become an issue.

Just my two cents....

Not the role model Mikey needs/deserves

Marshall's talent is undeniable, as is T.O.s

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#227 : April 23, 2011, 08:59:57 AM

So Brandon Marshall got stabbed last night by his wife and is in intensive care. Still want him Goobers????? Only 5 yrs and 50 Million plus 2 2nd rounders. Nah I'll go with Dom.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6414256

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#228 : April 23, 2011, 12:21:23 PM

Exactly why I wanted us to pass. He's another Talib....actually worse. He surrounds himself with the wrong people and just can't stay out of trouble. With both of them it's always just a matter of time before they have their next incident.
: April 23, 2011, 12:23:16 PM JDouble

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#229 : April 24, 2011, 09:16:01 AM

Marshall record....

Nov. 1, 2004: Arrested in Orange County, Fla., on five misdemeanor charges of trespass, resisting an officer without violence, refusal to obey an officer, disorderly conduct and assault on an officer. Eventually, not prosecuted.

April 12, 2005: Arrested in Orange County on a misdemeanor charge of retail or farm theft. Never prosecuted. 2006: Selected out of UCF in the fourth round by Denver.

Jan. 1, 2007: Marshall is one of many friends and teammates with Broncos teammate Darrant Williams at a Denver nightclub. A dispute with some other patrons ends with Williams being fatally shot.

March 27, 2007: Arrested on su**CENSORED**ion of domestic violence following an argument with his girlfriend, Rasheeda Watley. Charges are dismissed when Marshall completes anger management classes.

Dec. 30, 2007: He finishes the season with 102 catches, seven touchdowns and a still-career high 1,325 yards.

Oct. 22, 2007: Arrested in Denver for driving under the influence of alcohol. Marshall later pleads guilty to driving while impaired and is sentenced to a year of probation.

March 6, 2008: Arrested on misdemeanor battery charges involving Watley again, this time in Atlanta. This time, the case goes to trial in August 2009 and Marshall is acquitted. After the arrest, the NFL suspended Marshall for three 2008 games under the personal conduct policy, but that was reduced to one game upon Marshall's appeal.

March 22, 2008: While play-wrestling with family members during an Orlando vacation, Marshall slips and puts his arm through an entertainment center glass, sustaining severe lacerations.

Sept. 14, 2008: Marshall opens his season with 18 catches for 166 yards and a touchdown in a 39-38 win against San Diego.

March 1, 2009: Marshall and Michi Nogami-Campbell are arrested and booked on disorderly conduct charges after, according to a police report, officers saw them engage in a physical fight outside Marshall's Atlanta condominium. The next day, charges were dropped. Summer 2009: Asked for a trade after Denver refuses to renegotiate his contract. Suspended by Denver for the last two preseason games for "conduct detrimental to the team" after goofing around during practice. The injured Marshall admitted using poor judgment, but said he was frustrated by several team actions, including, he said, misdiagnosing an injury that required off-season surgery. 

Dec. 27, 2009: Marshall is benched for the season finale, he still finishes with 101 catches, 1,120 yards and a career-high 10 touchdown catches.

Jan. 3, 2010: Benched by coach Josh McDaniels for the final regular-season game for being late to a physical therapy session. The team already was skeptical about the severity of Marshall's hamstring injury.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/04/23/2181942/miami-dolphins-brandon-marshalls.html#ixzz1KRdmg2tO

Clearly you must have meant Talib is going to be another Marshall. Talib has a long way to go before reaching Marshall like status.

Talib is more on the lines of Steve Smith(Panthers), who so many dont seem to hold the same opinion of/disdain for, as they do Talib.

Steve Smiths record.....

During the 2002 NFL season, Smith earned a starting position as a wide receiver and continued to carry out his kickoff and punt return duties. On November 10, 2002, Smith was involved with an altercation with his teammate Anthony Bright during a film-room meeting.[3] The altercation left Bright with a broken nose and he was hospitalized for two nights. Smith was arrested and briefly jailed on charges of misdemeanor assault, and the Panthers suspended him for one game.

On August 1, 2008, Smith broke Lucas' nose during the fight and was later sent home for the remainder of the day after reportedly apologizing. Smith was given a two game suspension by the team.

Talib is a problem, but lets at least be real.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#230 : April 24, 2011, 11:20:44 AM

Smith had a fight with a teamate in 2002. It the last 9 years since then the only altercation he had was a fight in practice which is NOT a big deal unless you pick up your helmet like a coward and use it as a weapon.

Talib on the other hand has been in the league for 4 years and has been in trouble constantly. Comparing him to Smith is way off. He might not be quite as bad as Brandon Marshal or Pac man Jones.....but he is very close and it's only a matter of time. I was against us trading for Marshall for this exact reason and I have been all for trading Talib for over a year now. Athleticism is over rated. I'll take intelligent football players over athletic knuckleheads every time.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#231 : April 24, 2011, 11:55:36 AM

Smith had a fight with a teamate in 2002. It the last 9 years since then the only altercation he had was a fight in practice which is NOT a big deal unless you pick up your helmet like a coward and use it as a weapon.

Talib on the other hand has been in the league for 4 years and has been in trouble constantly. Comparing him to Smith is way off. He might not be quite as bad as Brandon Marshal or Pac man Jones.....but he is very close and it's only a matter of time. I was against us trading for Marshall for this exact reason and I have been all for trading Talib for over a year now. Athleticism is over rated. I'll take intelligent football players over athletic knuckleheads every time.

LMAO!!!   "not quite as bad", "very close to Marshal or Jones", stretching the truth much?

So Talibs fight in practice is worse because he accidentally hit Cox while swinging his helmet at Penn than Smith breaking two of his teammates noses?

Theres so many double standards in your opinions and posts....i guess the name is fitting.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#232 : April 24, 2011, 12:11:08 PM

If you think two men fist fighting is the same as when one man picks up a weapon like a helmet....then I don't know what to say. It's the NFL. You may not hear about everyone one of them, but fist fights happen every single day in practice and camp. It's not a big deal. Is Smith's fight worse because he apparently is a bad ass and has a mean right hook? You think Steve Smith getting in two fist fights in 9 years is the same as punching cab drivers in the back of their head while driving? resisting arrest? Running down the street shooting at people? Having to be pulled apart and separated from a ref after a game? Getting into a screaming match with your coach in a hotel lobby in London?

You're letting your man crush for Talib cloud your judgement. He's a **CENSORED** bag. Let it go.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#233 : April 24, 2011, 12:19:03 PM

If you think two men fist fighting is the same as when one man picks up a weapon like a helmet....then I don't know what to say. It's the NFL. You may not hear about everyone one of them, but fist fights happen every single day in practice and camp. It's not a big deal. Is Smith's fight worse because he apparently is a bad ass and has a mean right hook? You think Steve Smith getting in two fist fights in 9 years is the same as punching cab drivers in the back of their head while driving? resisting arrest? Running down the street shooting at people? Having to be pulled apart and separated from a ref after a game? Getting into a screaming match with your coach in a hotel lobby in London? You're letting your man crush for Talib cloud your judgement. He's a **CENSORED** bag. Let it go.

Never said he wasnt a **CENSORED** bag. I said your full of double standards. This post just confirmed as much.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#234 : April 24, 2011, 12:40:16 PM

You see things how you want bro. I do my best to base my opinions off facts rather than emotion.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#235 : April 24, 2011, 12:48:28 PM

You see things how you want bro. I do my best to base my opinions off facts rather than emotion.

lol, the above post posts are completely based on fact and lack any emotion. Notice the parts I bolded in your last post are assumptions at best. Calling a guy names like coward or d-bag clearly shows no personal bias is involved.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#236 : April 24, 2011, 01:47:06 PM

lol, the above post posts are completely based on fact and lack any emotion. Notice the parts I bolded in your last post are assumptions at best. Calling a guy names like coward or d-bag clearly shows no personal bias is involved.

If not cowardly then what? Who picks up a helmet and swings at another mans face? I look at the FACTS of Talib's history and I come to the conclusion that he is a D-bag.

I'm not sure if you're just having a bad day or what bro but I'm done bickering with you.

Page: 1 ... 14 15 16
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Brandon Marshall Traded To Dolphins « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools