Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Radio show tells gay caller that homosexuality is equal sin to murder « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#30 : April 15, 2010, 09:12:47 PM

If "All sin is equal" and lying is a sin, then what difference does it make if a homosexual acts gay and is honest with himself or if he represses his gayness and lies to himself and everyone else? Either he lies or he is a homosexual, either way he sins. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Guess what! Not only is homosexuality a sin, but so is lying, adultery, cursing, working on Sundays, disrespecting Mom and Dad, and even being jealous of your neighbors stuff (or hot wife). The only way to avoid sin is to die at birth, even then the act of being born is disrespecting mom, so no matter what, we all sin. And the penalty for ANY sin is death. Guess what? We all die-it is guaranteed. The Bible(s) say "The wages of sin are death" and since everyone sins and everyone eventually dies, there is only one option left; accept it and apologize.

Dead John.....except for one thing: Jesus. The only way to come unto the father is through me; I am the way, the truth, and the life. You are forgiven once you accept Jesus as your savior and make him your Lord. Everyone has a BIG problem with the Lord part.

So what happens when a gay man accepts Jesus as his lord and savior? Does god send him to hell anyway?

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#31 : April 15, 2010, 10:49:46 PM

Cyber, I don't believe people are BORN gay.  SO, they turn from their sin, like any sin, and repent.  Of course, many will disagree with this, but I'm just saying what the word of God says. 

It simply amazes me how not one single homosexual/lesbian believes they are BORN this way, yet have no way to reproduce!  Doesn't genes somehow come into play if they are so called BORN this way?  Wouldn't there be a GAY gene?  IMPOSSIBLE!  Since the only thing homosexuals can reproduce is little turd babies, then they can't pass on their DNA to other little homosexuals.  Oh yeah, I know, vitro right?  Tell that to all those who are proclaiming how homosexuality was so much a large part of culture back during the Roman empire.....

A little good sense, not common, goes a long way to realize it is a CHOICE.  IF not, then the first two human beings weren't being honest with one another when they had sex.....to reproduce.  KEEP STICKING YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND IF YOU WANT, I'M STILL GOING TO TELL IT LIKE IT IS.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#32 : April 15, 2010, 11:03:47 PM

who would choose to be in that life style, when all you do is get bashed-scrutunized- ostracized-made fun of-families disown you sometimes..

Nobody would choose that if it were that simple..

and God is a loving God if a homosexual asks for repetence and it is supposedly the same as any sin then he would be welcomed into the kingdom...

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

bucsense

Practice Squad

#33 : April 15, 2010, 11:16:56 PM

And who's to say Hitler didn't repent 2 minutes before he blew his brains out.......Heck, he could be up in Heaven living in a nice mountain chalet.........

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#34 : April 16, 2010, 12:06:35 AM

Cyber, I don't believe people are BORN gay.  SO, they turn from their sin, like any sin, and repent.  Of course, many will disagree with this, but I'm just saying what the word of God says. 

It simply amazes me how not one single homosexual/lesbian believes they are BORN this way, yet have no way to reproduce!  Doesn't genes somehow come into play if they are so called BORN this way?  Wouldn't there be a GAY gene?  IMPOSSIBLE!  Since the only thing homosexuals can reproduce is little turd babies, then they can't pass on their DNA to other little homosexuals.  Oh yeah, I know, vitro right?  Tell that to all those who are proclaiming how homosexuality was so much a large part of culture back during the Roman empire.....

A little good sense, not common, goes a long way to realize it is a CHOICE.  IF not, then the first two human beings weren't being honest with one another when they had sex.....to reproduce.  KEEP STICKING YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND IF YOU WANT, I'M STILL GOING TO TELL IT LIKE IT IS.

You're the last person who should be using science as proof of anything.

Someone could be born that way and have genetics not play a part at all. A prevailing theory is that differing levels of prenatal hormones affect sexual preference. Last time I checked, no one chose their prenatal hormone levels. I'm sure there's a nurture aspect of it as well, but what you're exposed to as a kid is beyond your control as well. Alot of animals exhibit gay behaviour as well, and it's not like they're self aware.

As for those Romans, yeah they were all straight as arrows.

DynaMike Glennon

Pro Bowler

#35 : April 16, 2010, 12:11:42 AM

And who's to say Hitler didn't repent 2 minutes before he blew his brains out.......Heck, he could be up in Heaven living in a nice mountain chalet.........

First of all, Hitler didn't die he went to Argentina. Secondly, when someone kills themselve, they go straight to Hell. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. You would have to commit suicide, then repent, which is obviously impossible to do.

samsdad

Hall of Famer

#36 : April 16, 2010, 12:19:56 AM

if you take one part of the bible....as gospel...horrible pun there.... but if you take part of it literally....why not it all?

See Leviticus

INSERT west wing clip here

bucsense

Practice Squad

#37 : April 16, 2010, 12:56:33 AM

First of all, Hitler didn't die he went to Argentina. Secondly, when someone kills themselve, they go straight to Hell. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. You would have to commit suicide, then repent, which is obviously impossible to do.

Yeah, I thought I saw him down there on my last Dove hunting trip. He was riding around the Dove field in one of those sidecars picking up his dinner................He had a big hole in his head..........

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#38 : April 16, 2010, 02:09:22 AM

You're the last person who should be using science as proof of anything.

Someone could be born that way and have genetics not play a part at all. A prevailing theory is that differing levels of prenatal hormones affect sexual preference. Last time I checked, no one chose their prenatal hormone levels. I'm sure there's a nurture aspect of it as well, but what you're exposed to as a kid is beyond your control as well. Alot of animals exhibit gay behaviour as well, and it's not like they're self aware.

As for those Romans, yeah they were all straight as arrows.

Testosterone bro! We got tons of it and so do lesbians, woo woo!

JoshJohnson11

Hall of Famer

#39 : April 16, 2010, 11:33:12 AM

WOW some of you guys are like WOW you guys are saying some people are sinners for being gay considering there are studies being made trying to prove being Homosexual isn't a choice but something that happens at birth.
So is they are born that way what some of you guys are saying is that these people are sinners for the way they are born? Seems kinda messed up to me.

Please leave your message after the beep.BEEP!!!

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#40 : April 16, 2010, 12:57:32 PM

if you take one part of the bible....as gospel...horrible pun there.... but if you take part of it literally....why not it all?

Same reason I can take ANY book or collection of books and accept some parts of it and not others, it is called being a rational thinking person. Especially a collection of books (the Bible{s}) in which the different parts were written thousands of years apart.

Almost all physicists can take part of Isaac Newton's "Philosophiæ Naturalis Principia Mathematica" as scientific gospel, while still accepting that the part about Universal Gravitation was WRONG.

By your logic, the Laws of Motion must be wrong because they were bound in the same book as Universal Gravity, which has been shown to be in error.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#41 : April 16, 2010, 01:01:54 PM

If "All sin is equal" and lying is a sin, then what difference does it make if a homosexual acts gay and is honest with himself or if he represses his gayness and lies to himself and everyone else? Either he lies or he is a homosexual, either way he sins. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Guess what! Not only is homosexuality a sin, but so is lying, adultery, cursing, working on Sundays, disrespecting Mom and Dad, and even being jealous of your neighbors stuff (or hot wife). The only way to avoid sin is to die at birth, even then the act of being born is disrespecting mom, so no matter what, we all sin. And the penalty for ANY sin is death. Guess what? We all die-it is guaranteed. The Bible(s) say "The wages of sin are death" and since everyone sins and everyone eventually dies, there is only one option left; accept it and apologize.

Dead John.....except for one thing: Jesus.  The only way to come unto the father is through me; I am the way, the truth, and the life.  You are forgiven once you accept Jesus as your savior and make him your Lord.  Everyone has a BIG problem with the Lord part. 

Try again, take note of my last four words.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#42 : April 16, 2010, 01:04:47 PM

homosexuality a sin

I doubt ufojoe agrees with that.

ufojoe works as a cameraman filming a pawn shop. Usury is also a sin.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#43 : April 16, 2010, 01:45:29 PM

Dead John.....except for one thing: Jesus. The only way to come unto the father is through me; I am the way, the truth, and the life. You are forgiven once you accept Jesus as your savior and make him your Lord. Everyone has a BIG problem with the Lord part.

How could god be so vain?   Why would his narcisism trump an individuals conduct?

You're missing the point and you have it backwards. Sadly, most Christians are also missing the point.

It isn't about God's vanity, it is about humans being rational and introspective enough to accept that they are not and cannot possibly be "perfect". People (including most Christians) need to stop anthropomorphizing God and think of God as a force or power beyond conventional description, not as a human-like person. It isn't about reward or punishment, it is about being able to "think outside the box" and understand that the only way you can achieve something beyond this life is to believe that there is something beyond this life. It is not just saying you believe in some 2k year old guy, it is changing your state of mind so that understanding the concept of "sacrifice" actually makes sense to you in a non-linear way.

Well there is the whole suicide thing, he'd have to repent after pulling the trigger but before the bullet entered his brain. Now if he had jumped off a really high building...

Anyway, it doesn't work that way. It isn't about saying "I'm sorry" and all is forgiven. First one has to accept and understand the entire concept of man's relationship to God and one can not come to that state of mind in just 2 minutes. In order to be able to have that kind of "epiphany" one would have needed a mind set that would have prevented and avoided most of Hitler's horrors. Hitler's ego could never have switched off enough for him to truly be redeemed. Human psychology just isn't going to allow a life long murder-thief-rapist who never had remorse to suddenly "repent and be saved". It is a long slow evolution of the mind and spirit, the "accepting God and asking for forgiveness" part is the last step on a long path. Lip service doesn't count, you have to actually "change" your mind.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#44 : April 16, 2010, 02:39:49 PM

WOW some of you guys are like WOW you guys are saying some people are sinners for being gay considering there are studies being made trying to prove being Homosexual isn't a choice but something that happens at birth.
So is they are born that way what some of you guys are saying is that these people are sinners for the way they are born? Seems kinda messed up to me.

We are talking about the same scientists who say the universe just happened with a BANG!  Tell you what; if science can prove without a shadow of a doubt that people are BORN as homosexual and it is not a CHOICE, then I will completely take back anything I say and no longer seek to please God.  Folks, that's a big statement, but I have zero doubt since science will never be able to PROVE people are born as homosexuals.....may gay scientists will ;D
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Radio show tells gay caller that homosexuality is equal sin to murder « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools