Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: wow. Raiders should offer their 1st-perfect fit « previous next »
Page: 1

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
: April 15, 2010, 09:29:59 AM

http://nflspinzone.com/2010/04/15/pittsburgh-steelers-considering-trading-ben-roethlisberger/

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#1 : April 15, 2010, 09:43:53 AM

No way they do that. That would be the dumbest move in franchise history unless they got a king's ransom for him (ala what we paid for Gruden)

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 15, 2010, 09:49:04 AM

Insane.  They've won two Super Bowls with the guy. 

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

Mean D

Pro Bowler

#3 : April 15, 2010, 12:36:29 PM

Trade the Bum.

#4 : April 15, 2010, 12:59:55 PM

Insane.  They've won two Super Bowls with the guy. 
And has raped 3 woman. I can see 1 case being false. But another 2 as well? Doubtful. Besides they just dealt Holmes who has been accused of much less than Big Ben.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#5 : April 15, 2010, 01:01:42 PM

Insane.  They've won two Super Bowls with the guy.  

i think it would be a crazy move also, but of all the elite franchises, the steelers are the least reliant on their QB.  2 SB wins without Ben getting an MVP in either, that's the first time that's ever happened to a QB. i don't think the team is strong enough to win their division or the AFC without Ben right now, but you'd have to assume that the return from that trade would have to be good enough to set them up for life after Roethlisberger.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#6 : April 15, 2010, 01:03:32 PM

Honestly Ben shoulda got that MVP from the final drive in Tampa. That was a great catch by Holmes but if Ben didn't drive the way he did then there was no way they were going to win. He danced in the pocket for seconds while the OL just held everything in sight to protect him.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#7 : April 15, 2010, 01:39:12 PM

Honestly Ben shoulda got that MVP from the final drive in Tampa. That was a great catch by Holmes but if Ben didn't drive the way he did then there was no way they were going to win. He danced in the pocket for seconds while the OL just held everything in sight to protect him.

that was an MVP drive, i think the fact that almost every pass was to holmes ultimately worked against ben...but there are more than a few people who think that ben creates his own problems in the pocket much of the time.  if not for his freakish size, he'd be positively chris simms-like back there - i think any team with a need at QB should check into this rumor, but i can see a team that is as consistently well-built as the steelers believing that they can win without the headaches he brings. what a huge plus he would be for the vikings, who don't have time to develop a QB during their curent window of contention given the likely useful shelf life of guys like Peterson (he'll break down earlier than LT did IMO), their stud d-line, and some of their better o-linemen
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: wow. Raiders should offer their 1st-perfect fit « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools