Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I am offended by Tea Party comments... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
: April 15, 2010, 09:14:15 PM

Read on MSNBC home page that Tea Party "people" are calling the current administration "gangster"
government.  I find this offensive.

It is said that the Tea Party folks are white, wealthy and educated.  They are not driven by the burden of having to pay taxes but rather by the ideology of being taxed at all.

I've been watching the Tea Party movement with amusement.  All these people irate about taxes, health care program being passed, gays being allowed in the military.  All told, they have been characterized as being in favor of the traditions of the 50s when we all liked Ike.

I recall some parents of some friends a few years ago saying that in America rich people are persecuted by middle and lower incomed people because they are jealous.  They want to take the money of the rich in the form of higher taxes so they can live on welfare....So I know first hand that many wealthy people feel there is a bias in this country against them accumulating wealth.

They say they produce the wealth inthis country, the jobs, the business etc.  However, most of these people were widows and had inherited their wealth.

I have listened to this discussion for years and  have kept my distance.

However, none of these folks spoke up when Bush and company declared a fake war and ran our budeget into the ground. Those equally fake budget cuts came at a time of excessively low interest rates set by the bankers and economists of the country who for the most part are white, educated and wealthy beings themselves.

The low interest rates created the environment for excessive real estate refinancing leading to outright fruad and a lot of poor judgement.  All the big players in this were the underlying cause of the almost complete collapse of the US and it took down other countrys as well as the crisis spread from one connected monetary system to another.

Yes, the world is smaller and we are all connected whether or not people want to admit it.

So okay.  We voted out the Republicand and got Democrats.    Big question.  How do you get a country out of this horrible horrible mess.  A lot of ideas came out and were tried.  Some were better than others.  The people who were crying to allow the companies to fail simply don't seem to understand that the country would have slid into the worst depression every seen.  And as bad as some of the medicine has been ( who the heck ever wanted to bail out AIG...not I)  do not like admitting that we seemed to have dodged the bullet.

Are things good.  Heck no.  But they are not dire.  Rather than admit the Bush tax cuts were unwise, they want more.  But those of us, or at least I, was weary of the lack of regard the last administration had for the bulk of Americans who make up the entire middle section of they country.
Who wanted to be able to afford medical care.  Its dumb to shove gays out of the miliaty when we need good trained people of whatever persuasion.  Educational standards need to be raised across the country so we can compete with the Chinese and the Indians in the coming decades.   I don't see how this is Gangster government.

The fact is we are never going to agree on any of this because we look at the same issues and get different results.  But I deeply resent anyone calling my President and his people Gangsters as if they didn't win this election fair and square ( not like Jeb Bush delievering the State of Fl to his brother first ime around).

Who did not like the idea of coming to term handling the worst financial crisis since the great depression.  But who has done pretty well by everyone I'd say. 

So have your fun with your political activism.  Its heady isn't it.  Iremember feeling that way marching for peace in VietNam. Let all the pandering pols come and ask for your endorsements. Rant and rave all you want, but hold a civil tongque in your head and show some respect for the President of this country who is trying to make things better for ALL americans not just the rich, white and educated ones who are the ones who got us into the mess.  Thank you Bernie Madoff.

And try using fact check sometimes. Obama is not the anit Christ.  Bush was.  hahahahaha

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#1 : April 15, 2010, 09:16:51 PM

Here's a hint - don't read MSNBC.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 15, 2010, 09:31:24 PM

Good stuff, Lady. Although, I disagree with you on things not being dire. Nothing has changed with regard to the banks and the folks who help get us in the mess originally. The dire consequences have just been put off for a few years, IMO.

I hope I'm wrong because right now, I am working consistently and the show I am on is the top rated show on cable and only loses out to WWE and the occasional Hannah Montana special. So I want to see economic growth and consumers consuming again. At least for a few years while I save up and buy some gold for for the collapse.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 15, 2010, 09:33:11 PM

Here's a hint: Try responding with something of substance instead of pigeonholing the poster.

DynaMike Glennon

Pro Bowler

#4 : April 15, 2010, 09:37:26 PM

However, none of these folks spoke up when Bush and company declared a fake war and ran our budeget into the ground. Those equally fake budget cuts came at a time of excessively low interest rates set by the bankers and economists of the country who for the most part are white, educated and wealthy beings themselves.

You do have a good point. that's my main complaint about the Tea Party movement, which is where were they during the 8 years of Bush? He did triple the size of Govt in 8 years, but Obama HAS already done that in one. The Tea Partiers didn't really show till 08' when Ron Paul came on the scene and his supporters launched a money bomb to raise money for his campaign on the anniversary of the Boston Tea Party. That's when it started even though some I'm sure will beg to differ. Since then it been hijacked by fake conservatives who make 30+ mil a year who are doing what they're told from a TelePrompTer.  

SON-OF-ZELL

Starter

#5 : April 15, 2010, 09:39:13 PM

And try using fact check sometimes. Obama is not the anit Christ.  Bush was.  hahahahaha

WHAT THE  HELL IS THE ANIT CHRIST

kbl11

Starter

#6 : April 15, 2010, 09:45:46 PM

substance? Where?

Bush budget cuts? She is off base from the start

The budget didnt come down under Bush he just borrowed instead of taxing.

There is no substance here, because this kind of liberal bias always glosses over the KEY fact that nobody can twist or ignore. WE CANT AFFORD THIS. We are on an unsustainable path of spending. No matter where you think anyone's heart is in these touchy issues, the easy FACT for everyone to agree on is we cant afford the debt we are accumulating.

kbl11

Starter

#7 : April 15, 2010, 09:47:06 PM

Here's a hint: Try responding with something of substance instead of pigeonholing the poster.

btw he provided plenty of substance

MSNBC is a joke and nobody pays attention to them. MSNBC is a disgusting news organization

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#8 : April 15, 2010, 10:00:40 PM

MSNBC is a joke and nobody pays attention to them. MSNBC is a disgusting news organization

LOL. Like I said, no substance.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#9 : April 15, 2010, 10:17:03 PM

Read on MSNBC home page that Tea Party "people" are calling the current administration "gangster" government.  I find this offensive.

Well, if those "people" were referring to voters being bullied or a black man being beat up by other black people because he was a Tea Partier, they would be right.

It is said that the Tea Party folks are white, wealthy and educated.  They are not driven by the burden of having to pay taxes but rather by the ideology of being taxed at all.

The article, unsurprisingly, is incorrect on what is the driving force behind these Tea Parties.  It's mainly out of control spending for far too long.

kbl11

Starter

#10 : April 15, 2010, 10:19:24 PM

LOL. Like I said, no substance.

You dont get it, because you dont want to. MSNBC doesnt serve to deliver news, and every word they say about conservative viewpoints, and mostly anything else, is slanted and edited to fit an agenda

THAT is substance, and THAT is why this thread is irrelevant to anyone other than liberals and progressives.

You all live in a fantasy world, you arent practical people. You create your own facts and alter reality, and that is what happened here

47% of this country doesnt pay taxes. That makes up a large section of the population, and those peopel keep taking and we keep giving.

Im in my early 20s. I know plenty of people on govt assistance. 100% of them dont need it and abuse it, and most dont pay anything in federal taxes. It serves me personally to support these progressive policies. I just can see right from wrong, and dont want to take advantage of my country to benefit myself

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#11 : April 15, 2010, 10:23:11 PM

You all live in a fantasy world, you arent practical people. You create your own facts and alter reality,

lmao .... where can I find one of those smiley guys rolling around in laughter .....

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#12 : April 15, 2010, 10:30:32 PM

Palin is such a whore wipe,, she can see Russia from her house.. LOL..  Tea party equals about 10% of the radical right..

The whole government screwed us so hard on those bailouts to AIG CITI WELLS FARGO-Bank of America.. They should of gave 10,ooo dollars at least to every working American, that would of enabled many of us to catch up on credit cards-maybe buy a US car..       

JUST MY .02 CENTS.. 

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

bucsense

Practice Squad

#13 : April 15, 2010, 10:39:47 PM

Hey, guess what ToddyBuc......our government isn't done screwing us yet.....We have Cap and Trade...and Immigration Reform up next. Obama has never felt more empowered.

ufojoe wants to save some money to buy some gold..........Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,..............

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#14 : April 15, 2010, 10:44:42 PM

That would be a good start.

Lifetime, HGTV, among others have more viewers than that station does for a reason.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I am offended by Tea Party comments... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools