Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I am offended by Tea Party comments... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#30 : April 16, 2010, 07:23:23 AM

Whose taxes went up? I have seen no evidence of these "Higher" taxes. Hell, mine went down. My refund was 50% higher than last year with no appreciable change in income. In fact it may have gone down a little.

If you really want to find out who isn't paying their fair share of taxes, look at Corporations that pay less than the average individual taxpayer. There are more than a few.
Regardless of Corporate Tax rates - corporate taxes are paid by individuals - employees whose salaries are reduced, customers who have the costs shifted to them, investors who get lesser return. The idea of Corporations paying taxes is humorous.

Flat tax - put the lowest level where you want it, no - none - zip - exemptions. All income sources are taxed. You put special interests out of business, you remove temptations from Congressional representatives. And you will see the country flourish as business finds out there can be a reliable base of costs to structure their plans around.

I actually agree with what you're saying here. It makes sense. But it's not what the movement is railing on about is it?

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#31 : April 16, 2010, 07:42:37 AM

From what I have read there are tons of goals -the primary ones focus on spending, the size of government and taxes. 

http://blogs.ajc.com/bob-barr-blog/2010/04/16/atlanta-tea-party-was-well-organized-and-well-behaved/?cxntfid=blogs_bob_barr_blog

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Dash Riprock

Starter

#32 : April 16, 2010, 08:31:10 AM

Whose taxes went up? I have seen no evidence of these "Higher" taxes. Hell, mine went down. My refund was 50% higher than last year with no appreciable change in income. In fact it may have gone down a little.

If you really want to find out who isn't paying their fair share of taxes, look at Corporations that pay less than the average individual taxpayer. There are more than a few.

Mine went up.. I paid out a net 20k. .. Also it will be more when the Bush Tax cuts aren't renewed. Which is the equivalent of a Tax Increase.

Going up more, VAT tax is coming

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#33 : April 16, 2010, 09:45:06 AM

So all of the new legislation is going to magically pay for itself?  The country is going broke, if not already broke, and these jackholes keep spending.

It seems these "teabaggers" might be smarter than you give them credit for as they have the foresight you evidently do not.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#34 : April 16, 2010, 11:18:36 AM

My taxes were nil.  Of course.  I made nil too.  hahahahaha.

We couldn't afford NOT to bail out those s  o   b's.  Nobody liked the medicine but it is working...

Nice to hear everyone's point of view....thanks..

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#35 : April 16, 2010, 01:59:51 PM

And just who is driving the "Tea Party Express"? Ohhhhh, there are those damned corporations again.

You mean like GE and Microsoft, the 2 behemoths that own MSNBC?

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#36 : April 16, 2010, 02:41:58 PM

Read on MSNBC home page that Tea Party "people" are calling the current administration "gangster"
government.  I find this offensive.

As you should.

Not the calling of the current admin "gangster" but the truth that our Government has become less and less a representative govt. and more a "gangster" style rule by capos (Pelosi, Reid, BHO) and henchmen (the rest of Congress). No longer "of, by, and for the people" but instead for the money, by guns and laws.

Yes, I too am offended by these "gangster" officials who feel the law should not apply to them.

It is said that the Tea Party folks are white, wealthy and educated.  They are not driven by the burden of having to pay taxes but rather by the ideology of being taxed at all.

It is said by who? MSNBC or someone who has actually done some research and interviewed many of the "tea party folk"?

I've been watching the Tea Party movement with amusement.  All these people irate about taxes, health care program being passed, gays being allowed in the military.  All told, they have been characterized as being in favor of the traditions of the 50s when we all liked Ike.

I recall some parents of some friends a few years ago saying that in America rich people are persecuted by middle and lower incomed people because they are jealous.  They want to take the money of the rich in the form of higher taxes so they can live on welfare....So I know first hand that many wealthy people feel there is a bias in this country against them accumulating wealth.

Is "some parents of some friends" really what you base your entire view of a class of people upon? Seriously, you "know first hand" what "many wealthy people feel" based on a conversation with a couple of acquaintances???

They say they produce the wealth inthis country, the jobs, the business etc.  However, most of these people were widows and had inherited their wealth.

pretty sure the vast majority of the Tea Party Movement is NOT widowers who inherited all their wealth.

I have listened to this discussion for years and  have kept my distance.

You have listened for years but the Tea Party Movement didn't start until 2009, not even a full year ago.

However, none of these folks spoke up when Bush and company declared a fake war and ran our budeget into the ground. Those equally fake budget cuts came at a time of excessively low interest rates set by the bankers and economists of the country who for the most part are white, educated and wealthy beings themselves.

The low interest rates created the environment for excessive real estate refinancing leading to outright fruad and a lot of poor judgement.  All the big players in this were the underlying cause of the almost complete collapse of the US and it took down other countrys as well as the crisis spread from one connected monetary system to another.

A little history here. The whole "Tea Party" thing was started when Rick Santelli about the bailouts. This was Feb. 19th 2009, long after the Bush presidency.

So is your complaint that the Tea Party folks didn't use time travel technology to go back 8 years and gripe? Or is it that they waited too long for that final straw that has broken our country's back?

Yes, the world is smaller and we are all connected whether or not people want to admit it.

So okay.  We voted out the Republicand and got Democrats.    Big question.  How do you get a country out of this horrible horrible mess.  A lot of ideas came out and were tried.  Some were better than others.  The people who were crying to allow the companies to fail simply don't seem to understand that the country would have slid into the worst depression every seen.  And as bad as some of the medicine has been ( who the heck ever wanted to bail out AIG...not I)  do not like admitting that we seemed to have dodged the bullet.

we dodged one bullet by throwing fully loaded clips of ammo at the shooter.

Are things good.  Heck no.  But they are not dire.  Rather than admit the Bush tax cuts were unwise, they want more.  But those of us, or at least I, was weary of the lack of regard the last administration had for the bulk of Americans who make up the entire middle section of they country.
Who wanted to be able to afford medical care.  Its dumb to shove gays out of the miliaty when we need good trained people of whatever persuasion.  Educational standards need to be raised across the country so we can compete with the Chinese and the Indians in the coming decades.   I don't see how this is Gangster government.

I don't see what Gays in the military has to do with the Tea Party movement. That is a grass roots movement of people wanting FISCAL CONSERVATISM. They are not involved in social issues. It is a group who wants a return to REPRESENTATIVE Government and a return to NOT spending more than you have. It is a group that is opposed to Congress forcing on us Bills that don't fix what they are supposed to fix (like Healthcare) even though the majority of the voters are very much against it.

Forget what the HIJACKERS like Palin are saying, she and her crowd are NOT part of the Tea Party movement, but are just opportunists that seek to hijack it for their own gain.

The fact is we are never going to agree on any of this because we look at the same issues and get different results.  But I deeply resent anyone calling my President and his people Gangsters as if they didn't win this election fair and square ( not like Jeb Bush delievering the State of Fl to his brother first ime around).

The term "gangster" has nothing to do with how they were elected, it has to do with how they are governing. BY force and intimidation and NOT by the will of the people.

Who did not like the idea of coming to term handling the worst financial crisis since the great depression.  But who has done pretty well by everyone I'd say. 

So have your fun with your political activism.  Its heady isn't it.  Iremember feeling that way marching for peace in VietNam. Let all the pandering pols come and ask for your endorsements. Rant and rave all you want, but hold a civil tongque in your head and show some respect for the President of this country who is trying to make things better for ALL americans not just the rich, white and educated ones who are the ones who got us into the mess.  Thank you Bernie Madoff.

"the ones who got us into the mess" were AIG, Merrill Lynch and most of all Goldman Sachs. And who's pockets got lined the most by the bailouts and the Stimulus package? THOSE VERY SAME PEOPLE!!!

Please try to explain to me how BHO is "trying to make things better for ALL americans not just the rich, white and educated ones" when all of his economic appointees were Goldman Sachs execs??

How is he "making things better" by forcing a Bill upon us that DOESN'T FIX HEALTHCARE, doesn't address medical cost or pharma's pricing structure or tort reform or the $900 billion of mostly fraud that is Medicare or anything that actually affects HC costs, but instead just FORCES small businesses to pay for their employees insurance, forces 30 million to buy insurance, and only accomplishes one thing- GETTING INSURANCE COMPANIES 30 MILLION NEW CUSTOMERS!

Please tell me how TRILLIONs of dollars of BORROWED money (from future taxes) all funneled into the Insurance Companies improves Health Care one damn bit? Please show me how anyone benefits more than INSURANCE COMPANY EXECS??

bucsense

Practice Squad

#37 : April 16, 2010, 03:08:59 PM

Good stuff john galt..........but I feel you waste way to many brain cells talking to some of these fools.

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#38 : April 16, 2010, 04:28:32 PM

Taxes are the price we all pay for living in this society. The same society that has allowed some to make a few bucks and live comfortably. It's certainly not like anyone on this board came out of the slums of Calcutta. There is a price to everything.

I get that you don't like the pricetag. But hey, what other country are you going to live in that your taxes will be lower?

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

Scholty

Pro Bowler

#39 : April 16, 2010, 05:30:24 PM

Interesting enough: GE has to pay $0 taxes this year.

Hmnnn... who is heavily invested in GE and has an interest in them succeeding....

*******************************Luck happens when hard work meets opportunity.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#40 : April 16, 2010, 06:01:45 PM

Hmnnn... who is heavily invested in GE and has an interest in them succeeding....

You couldn't possibly be referring to President Obama and his good buddy Jeffrey Immelt...

Scholty

Pro Bowler

#41 : April 16, 2010, 06:24:11 PM

You couldn't possibly be referring to President Obama and his good buddy Jeffrey Immelt...

:)  I know NOTHING! :)

*******************************Luck happens when hard work meets opportunity.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#42 : April 16, 2010, 06:45:53 PM

Some are just too easy to connect...  Now - you know all those profits were made overseas, right?!?

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

bucsense

Practice Squad

#43 : April 16, 2010, 07:45:03 PM

Ladyfan starts this lame butt thread and runs off to the double deadbolt confines of her cave...........computor priveleges must be limited.....................Time to get out there and hijack some more broadband "Loserfan"..........

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#44 : April 16, 2010, 08:06:46 PM

First of all, Ladyfan is a friend of mine  Secondly, she can come and go as she wishes - she doesn't owe anyone anything else beyond what she offered. 

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I am offended by Tea Party comments... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools