Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LOT Luke Pet Signed! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 06, 2007, 10:19:12 AM

I love this signing but what happens if Joe Thomas slides to #4?

We turn in the draft card with his name on it in record time

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#31 : March 06, 2007, 10:20:03 AM

My goodness.   This is a great signing!    I'm guessing Joe Thomas is not the guy they want now.   Looks like CJ is the pick.    That'd be fine with me.   Things are already looking much better!

I think they know Thomas won't be available.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#32 : March 06, 2007, 10:20:23 AM

You draft him. No question.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#33 : March 06, 2007, 10:21:08 AM

I have a feeling the buc's are not going to Draft "Joe Thomas" even if he is there..I think they will try to move down or draft someone else at 4th..I don't think Joe Thomas is even on the buc's draft broad... of guy they want to have on this team

Why?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#34 : March 06, 2007, 10:22:24 AM

I would agree but assuming Petitgout moves to right tackle you have the problem with a second round pick in Trueblood on the bench.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#35 : March 06, 2007, 10:24:58 AM

You still draft JT and Luke would either play ROT or move to LOG as he's played both positions in addition to LOT.

As Dal pointed out none of our signings change our draft board. Having Luke doesn't stop you from drafting a franchise LT in Thomas. Having Carter certainly does't stop you from drafting Adams or Anderson, and Garcia still wouldn't stop you from drafting Quinn. These moves have been made to improve the team and the draft will provide the youth.

Shag

Pro Bowler

#36 : March 06, 2007, 10:25:02 AM

The contract for this guy most likely won't be good.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#37 : March 06, 2007, 10:25:53 AM

I would agree but assuming Petitgout moves to right tackle you have the problem with a second round pick in Trueblood on the bench.

I don't see that as a problem, but rather a nice insurance policy. Trueblood can then give guys blows at both LOT and ROT. Besides, Petitgout is going to turn 31 before the season starts. Trueblood is 23. If he continues to play well for you, you extend him before he gets to the open market and in a couple of seasons he's the starter and Luke's the veteran backup.

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#38 : March 06, 2007, 10:26:16 AM

This is a problem I would welcome. Too many skilled OL men.

da_finezt_caddy24

Practice Squad

#39 : March 06, 2007, 10:26:58 AM

for the guy who ask "why"...same reason Jon G. pass on other guys.... I think Jon.G. thinks maybe Levi Brown will be better then Jon Thomas..

I'm not saying Jon.G Going to Draft Levi Brown instead of Joe.T.

I'm just saying O.Line Man isn't on Jon.G. mind as in the 1st round pick this year!

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#40 : March 06, 2007, 10:28:07 AM

May the best man win in that situation, Trueblood becoming the back up tackle doesn't bother me. There's also the possibility that LP could move inside to LOG.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#41 : March 06, 2007, 10:29:16 AM

However you can barely afford to pay all your starters starter money. It's not good to have a second round pick in Trueblood on the bench.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#42 : March 06, 2007, 10:30:32 AM

some people are never happy.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#43 : March 06, 2007, 10:33:05 AM

However you can barely afford to pay all your starters starter money. It's not good to have a second round pick in Trueblood on the bench.

Trueblood's salaries for '07-'09 are virtually HALF what the new FA OL are getting in this market.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#44 : March 06, 2007, 10:35:22 AM

for the guy who ask "why"...same reason Jon G. pass on other guys.... I think Jon.G. thinks maybe Levi Brown will be better then Jon Thomas..

I'm not saying Jon.G Going to Draft Levi Brown instead of Joe.T.

I'm just saying O.Line Man isn't on Jon.G. mind as in the 1st round pick this year!

LOL. That's hilarious. I doubt very much JG thinks Brown is better than Thomas. I know a lot of people would like to see us draft CJ, but the explanations behind why it will happen are getting crazy.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LOT Luke Pet Signed! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools