Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: MLive.com reports « previous next »
Page: 1

CAROLINABUC

Starter

: April 16, 2010, 04:59:25 PM

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2010/04/tackles_russell_okung_and_tren.html ;D

Losing is not a option

kool herc

Pro Bowler
#1 : April 16, 2010, 05:01:04 PM

"It comes down to this for Lions general manager Martin Mayhew, who basically has two decisions to make. One, will Nebraska defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh be the best player available? If the answer is yes, then he's the pick."

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#2 : April 16, 2010, 08:56:29 PM

"I'm the kind of guy who likes to keep my options open," Mayhew said. "You never know what could change. I remember last year, about a week before the draft, we got some information we didn't have prior to that on a player that impacted our approach on draft day. It pushed that guy down in the way we viewed him.

"Anything can happen between now and then. We don't have a need to make a decision now. We don't have to worry about something leaking out about what we've decided because we haven't decided anything. That's also one of the benefits of it."

Bit of a different approach than Mark Dominik's "be prepared for all scenarios".

Hate

Hall of Famer
#3 : April 16, 2010, 09:03:56 PM

LT, LT, LT, LT, LT!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#4 : April 16, 2010, 09:21:02 PM

LT, LT, LT, LT, LT!!!

He signed with the Jets.

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

Nukepineisland

Pro Bowler
#5 : April 16, 2010, 09:26:07 PM

"I'm the kind of guy who likes to keep my options open," Mayhew said. "You never know what could change. I remember last year, about a week before the draft, we got some information we didn't have prior to that on a player that impacted our approach on draft day. It pushed that guy down in the way we viewed him.

"Anything can happen between now and then. We don't have a need to make a decision now. We don't have to worry about something leaking out about what we've decided because we haven't decided anything. That's also one of the benefits of it."

Bit of a different approach than Mark Dominik's "be prepared for all scenarios".

Yeah its the approach that passes on Michael Oher for a TE.

Since the inception of the NFC South the team that finished last in the division has gone to the playoffs the next year...
...and Ive never been one to question history ;)

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer
#6 : April 16, 2010, 09:45:26 PM

lmao so true Nuke........ [banghead]

Nukepineisland

Pro Bowler
#7 : April 17, 2010, 05:19:13 PM

lmao so true Nuke........ [banghead]

Well were it not for Mayhew's blunder last year there would be NO chance of getting Suh this year . Lets just hope he does the right thing this year and drafts a guy to PROTECT his $60million QB  from Jared Allen , Peppers and Cushing .

But its the Lions and they seem to be allergic to common sense ,so I should probably go get that McCoy jersey made .......(sigh)................

Since the inception of the NFC South the team that finished last in the division has gone to the playoffs the next year...
...and Ive never been one to question history ;)
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: MLive.com reports « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools