Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I know its hard to believe, chicken little, but things are getting better... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

kevinmills

Second String

: April 17, 2010, 05:46:30 PM

I usually never post on here- quite frankly there are too many morons and too many trolls posting here. It’s worse than listening to democrats and republicans fighting. I guess im just having a lapse because I cant take all the hateful-negativity and id like to say some positive things.

We are going to have at least 18 players suiting up for us in training camp we didn’t have during last season. It could be quite an injection of depth and talent. We have 11 draft picks, 5 of those are in the first 102 picks of a very deep draft. If you read the papers the Bucs drafting process seems to be completely revamped and they seem to be going about scouting and evaluating talent the right way. E.J. Biggers and Xavier Fulton who didn’t play at all last season will pretty much bring this class from 11 to 13 players.

It sounds like Aaron Sears is gearing up to come back and we’ll have a recovered Crowell too. Plus the off-season additions of Reggie brown, Mark Bradley (who was acquired late last season) and Sean Jones should at least give depth.

Freeman seems to be working like a mad man in the film room and appears extremely dedicated to improving himself, the team, and winning. Other young players like Talib, Stroughter, Jackson, and Hayes, who have shown promise will have another year of experience under their belts. Also Roy Miller and Kyle Moore will be playing at their natural weights instead of heavier like last year which could boost their performances; and presumably having Suh or McCoy in the middle would also help them.

This is not going to be the same team from last year. A lot of mistakes were made at the beginning of last season but I think Morris and Dominik showed the ability to adapt, learn and correct their mistakes. This year we know who our QB is going to be, we know who is running the offense and we know who is running the defense. Those facts alone should make us a better, more cohesive team.

Before we pronounce the 2010 Bucs DOA lets see who is actually on the team and what we look like by the end of preseason. I don’t think that’s too much to ask for the team I assume we all love.

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#1 : April 17, 2010, 05:49:35 PM

Reasonable post

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#2 : April 17, 2010, 05:53:41 PM

I agree that things COULD be better, its all up to the coaching staff to get the most out of the players we draft and more so on the guys we have.

As long as they draft well then we could see improvement by 2011.

pewterpirates

Starter
#3 : April 17, 2010, 10:28:33 PM

I usually never post on here- quite frankly there are too many morons and too many trolls posting here. It’s worse than listening to democrats and republicans fighting. I guess im just having a lapse because I cant take all the hateful-negativity and id like to say some positive things.

We are going to have at least 18 players suiting up for us in training camp we didn’t have during last season. It could be quite an injection of depth and talent. We have 11 draft picks, 5 of those are in the first 102 picks of a very deep draft. If you read the papers the Bucs drafting process seems to be completely revamped and they seem to be going about scouting and evaluating talent the right way. E.J. Biggers and Xavier Fulton who didn’t play at all last season will pretty much bring this class from 11 to 13 players.

It sounds like Aaron Sears is gearing up to come back and we’ll have a recovered Crowell too. Plus the off-season additions of Reggie brown, Mark Bradley (who was acquired late last season) and Sean Jones should at least give depth.

Freeman seems to be working like a mad man in the film room and appears extremely dedicated to improving himself, the team, and winning. Other young players like Talib, Stroughter, Jackson, and Hayes, who have shown promise will have another year of experience under their belts. Also Roy Miller and Kyle Moore will be playing at their natural weights instead of heavier like last year which could boost their performances; and presumably having Suh or McCoy in the middle would also help them.

This is not going to be the same team from last year. A lot of mistakes were made at the beginning of last season but I think Morris and Dominik showed the ability to adapt, learn and correct their mistakes. This year we know who our QB is going to be, we know who is running the offense and we know who is running the defense. Those facts alone should make us a better, more cohesive team.

Before we pronounce the 2010 Bucs DOA lets see who is actually on the team and what we look like by the end of preseason. I don’t think that’s too much to ask for the team I assume we all love.

+100

I just can't see my boy Tebow playing in any other jersey except the ol' Bucs.  If someone else ends up stealing him from us I will have a hard time staying a hardcore Bucs fan for life. 

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#4 : April 17, 2010, 10:34:27 PM

This is a great post, some of you guys need to be alot more positive. I don't expect much, but it doesn't mean it's not possible. If a few things go right, and nothing goes completely wrong, I see the bucs competing in every game.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#5 : April 17, 2010, 10:38:56 PM

I think you should have refrained from posting kevinmills - you condescending opening was wasted almost as much as the paragraphs that followed.

Most teams turn over more than 9 players a year - not a big deal to have 18 or more in two years.  There is no rating on last year's class for at least another 24 months - and for those that haven't yet made the field - there is nothing at all.

You are wrong about Aaron unfortunately.  The other FAs - let's see before getting too excited.

Feeman needs a lot of work.  Talib and Tjack need to stay out of trouble.  The weight gig you referenced might make a difference - but perhaps not.  And it is not like either lit the world on fire, and in Moore's case - he will need to stay healthy.  

Mistakes haven't slowed significantly - nothing of consequence in FA when opportunities were there - from re-signing AB to not even trying to get Marshall.

No pronouncing anyone dead - but I really resented your moron and troll references - and I have never taken well to having someone trying to blow smoke up my ass.  

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

PoorRichard

Starter

#6 : April 17, 2010, 11:31:15 PM

Agreed. I think this team has a chance to make some noise next year if they get off to a good start. The line b/t good and bad in the NFL is pretty thin.

kevinmills

Second String

#7 : April 17, 2010, 11:42:12 PM

I think you should have refrained from posting kevinmills - you condescending opening was wasted almost as much as the paragraphs that followed.

Most teams turn over more than 9 players a year - not a big deal to have 18 or more in two years.  There is no rating on last year's class for at least another 24 months - and for those that haven't yet made the field - there is nothing at all.

You are wrong about Aaron unfortunately.  The other FAs - let's see before getting too excited.

Feeman needs a lot of work.  Talib and Tjack need to stay out of trouble.  The weight gig you referenced might make a difference - but perhaps not.  And it is not like either lit the world on fire, and in Moore's case - he will need to stay healthy. 

Mistakes haven't slowed significantly - nothing of consequence in FA when opportunities were there - from re-signing AB to not even trying to get Marshall.

No pronouncing anyone dead - but I really resented your moron and troll references - and I have never taken well to having someone trying to blow smoke up my butt. 

Assuming all 18 stick I would argue 33% overhaul in your roster is more than typical.

Do you have any info on Aaron? Last I heard hes been working out at one buc place.

Its your opinion that not pursuing expensive, troubled, players is a mistake. I would call it a calculated decision by the new management to pick their own players in the draft, people they feel will benefit the team and the locker room.

You talk about Talib and Tjack staying out of trouble yet we should go after someone like Marshall; someone who has been nothing but trouble and is probably one incident away from a long suspension- same with Holmes. We already have enough guys on this team with question marks as far as their off the field behaviors; no need to add more.

Im not blowing smoke up anyones ass. Im saying things arent as bad as some people make them out to be and we should see what this roster looks like in a few months- and call me crazy, see what they look like on the field before we condemn this team and the moves of the front office.

I think if you took my opening remarks personally youre a little defensive.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#8 : April 17, 2010, 11:47:23 PM

You would be wrong regarding roster turnover.

Yes - and he is unlikely to be on the field - but he is recovering.

It is my opinion avoiding signing talented performers in positions where the buccs have nothing is dumb, and only happening because the owners won't spend the money.

Yep - I talked about a superstar wide receiver for a team without a NFL quality wide receiver because the ownership wouldn't spend the money to keep AB.  Want to keep the same number - cut the TE.

You are blowing smoke - at this point - prior to the draft - there has been no significant roster changes for the better.  To put out pablum that indicates otherside is the stuff blowing smoke is made of.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#9 : April 17, 2010, 11:48:24 PM

NFL rosters tend to have high turnover rates, but what makes it different with the Bucs is that this team went from having a lot of old starters to having a slew of young starters heading into the 2010 season.  

With that said you can't assume all of these players acquired through the draft, free agency, or coming back from IR will contribute.  Lets say about 50% of these players make a difference for the team in 2010?  I would say that would yield better results compared to the 2009 season but not that significant.  

I think that the undrafted free agents and any veteran free agents added post draft will really determine and shape the roster to be honest.  

kevinmills

Second String

#10 : April 18, 2010, 12:03:00 AM

You would be wrong regarding roster turnover.

Yes - and he is unlikely to be on the field - but he is recovering.

It is my opinion avoiding signing talented performers in positions where the buccs have nothing is dumb, and only happening because the owners won't spend the money.

Yep - I talked about a superstar wide receiver for a team without a NFL quality wide receiver because the ownership wouldn't spend the money to keep AB.  Want to keep the same number - cut the TE.

You are blowing smoke - at this point - prior to the draft - there has been no significant roster changes for the better.  To put out pablum that indicates otherside is the stuff blowing smoke is made of.

As for turnover- if you say so, but I doubt it usually involves so many young players.

Do you have actual news on Aaron or are you just going on conjecture?

If I was running this team and money was not an object I would not have re-signed AB either. While I disagree with still having Michael Clayton around and he was overpaid I think that shows the team will pay players. I don’t see how people can say theyre being cheap because theyre broke then complain about the MC signing in the same breath. Granted it was a mistake but I think they truly believed he would come around in a new offense away from gruden. That’s another debate though.

Its called re-building and a youth movement for a reason- you don’t make significant roster changes until the draft. In the Dungy era we didn’t go out add players via free agency and through trades until we had turned the corner. Dominik has been here 15 years and has seen first hand approaches that have succeeded and failed. I happen to agree with starting fresh and building a solid core before you start taking risks on FA and trading away draft picks. I’m going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#11 : April 18, 2010, 12:04:57 AM

Are you for real?

kevinmills

Second String

#12 : April 18, 2010, 12:07:36 AM

I do, in fact, exist.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#13 : April 18, 2010, 12:08:17 AM

It is in PR - it comes from the GM.  

Folks can think what they want about AB, I don't see how anyone can support not having at least one NFL quality WR on the roster - at least until another can be added.  That move was stupid - made stupider when Cincy signed him for 5 mill.

The last paragraph is palaver, hopes and historical - none of which portends of better times ahead - nor of the owners spending a penny more than they have to.  So the blowing of smoke continues.  

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#14 : April 18, 2010, 12:10:04 AM

I do, in fact, exist.

I didn't ask if you exist.  I just want to know if you really believe the nonsense you are spewing?
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I know its hard to believe, chicken little, but things are getting better... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools