Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I know its hard to believe, chicken little, but things are getting better... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#15 : April 18, 2010, 12:17:30 AM

Can't get any worst.  And if it does...MY DEAR GOD!

kevinmills

Second String

#16 : April 18, 2010, 12:22:08 AM

I'm just doing the math. If Aaron had no intention of coming back he would not have come back and be working out. What Dominik said is sound psychology. There is no need to publicly set expectations or put pressure on a man who was obviously dealing with serious personal issues.

I would say Stroughter is quality. There's one. I think reggie brown and stovall are serviceable. Not ideal but I imagine we'll pick up 2 receivers in the draft.

If you say so. I think it makes perfect sense. Dominik seems like a very dedicated and smart guy. Like I said, I'll trust a guy who has been here his entire career and has seen the in and outs of a few coaches and GM's. You can call it blowing smoke, I call it being positive.

And no, I'm not some fan who sees through "pewtered colored" glasses. I've been a fan since the early 90's and have had my fair share of problems with the way things were being run at certain times.

We just disagree on the plan of action they are taking.

kevinmills

Second String

#17 : April 18, 2010, 12:24:13 AM

I do, in fact, exist.

I didn't ask if you exist.  I just want to know if you really believe the nonsense you are spewing?

really? must have went over my head.

what exactly was the nonsense? The part where I said we were going to the playoffs? that we would finish above 500? Maybe the part when I said we were going to have the best draft in history? Oh, it was probably when I said we were going to have 10 pro-bowlers.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#18 : April 18, 2010, 12:32:21 AM

I do, in fact, exist.

I didn't ask if you exist. I just want to know if you really believe the nonsense you are spewing?

really? must have went over my head.

what exactly was the nonsense? The part where I said we were going to the playoffs? that we would finish above 500? Maybe the part when I said we were going to have the best draft in history? Oh, it was probably when I said we were going to have 10 pro-bowlers.

all that and then some ... you're the perfect mark ... enjoy your free soda refills

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#19 : April 18, 2010, 12:33:26 AM

Can't get any worst. And if it does...MY DEAR GOD!

really ... when  we win 5 or 6 games this year with one of the easiest home schedules I can remember, we'll be hearing about all the improvement

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#20 : April 18, 2010, 12:39:53 AM

I'm just doing the math. If Aaron had no intention of coming back he would not have come back and be working out. What Dominik said is sound psychology. There is no need to publicly set expectations or put pressure on a man who was obviously dealing with serious personal issues.

I would say Stroughter is quality. There's one. I think reggie brown and stovall are serviceable. Not ideal but I imagine we'll pick up 2 receivers in the draft.

If you say so. I think it makes perfect sense. Dominik seems like a very dedicated and smart guy. Like I said, I'll trust a guy who has been here his entire career and has seen the in and outs of a few coaches and GM's. You can call it blowing smoke, I call it being positive.

And no, I'm not some fan who sees through "pewtered colored" glasses. I've been a fan since the early 90's and have had my fair share of problems with the way things were being run at certain times.

We will see if Sears ever sees the field again.  I hope he does - suspect he might not.

Stroughter has good hands, good quickness, and might someday be counted upon... the rest of the bunch is hoping.  Nothing more.  As for draft picks - wrs are hard to evaluate - I hope someone gets picked that can play.  Again - since the draft hasn't happened - no way to predict that.

It is blowing smoke until something good happens - hasn't happened.  You can feel as good or positive as you want to - but last year's group hasn't done all that much and the next group has yet to be selected.  Could it happen - sure - will it - well you call it being positive - but when you call others morons and trolls for not jumping toward your feelings - well that is blowing smoke.

Pewter colored glasses - blowing smoke - being positive without basis - all pretty much the same - with the moron and troll statement - well clearly you can post without the negative terms - even when with the unsupported statements.  Perhaps in future posts you should leave out the negatives.

I don't see where we disagree on the plan - just the current assessment.  And I resent the owners not taking steps in FA to fill major holes - bc I know the FO would have loved to have Marshall

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

kevinmills

Second String

#21 : April 18, 2010, 12:49:13 AM

but when you call others morons and trolls for not jumping toward your feelings - well that is blowing smoke.

I said there are trolls and morons on this board. Im going to say a lot of posters would agree. I gave that as my reason for rarely posting; its a waste of energy talking to them.

Its fine if knowledgeable fans who come here to actually talk and debate- disagree with how things are going.

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 18, 2010, 07:04:59 AM

I agree. This year our beloved Buccaneers will be much improved.

Over 2008?   I seriously doubt it.   As a matter of fact, I'd bet good money this 2010 does not finish as good as 9-7. 

Did I say anything about 2008?

Did the OP say anything about 2008?

K then.

Improving over 2009 means nothing.   Morris flushed the team down the toilet last year.   Anything would be an improvement over that.   And with this year's weak schedule, they should win a few games.    But to really "improve", they need to do better than they were prior to hiring Raheem.   When they go 10-6 or better, then they will have improved.  Not until.

I would be extremely pleased to see improvement over last year.

You (on the other hand) DON'T want that. You want Raheem to fail.

Your discrimination of coach Morris goes so deep that you would rather see the Bucs fail than for Morris to succeed.

The driving force behind your one-dimensional persona relies on his failure.

If he turns out to be a great HC, you will die off.

#23 : April 18, 2010, 04:32:49 AM

it's unfortunate that a well-intentioned post filled with sincere thoughts that we can all debate begins so argumentatively. 

I usually never post on here- quite frankly there are too many morons and too many trolls posting here. It�s worse than listening to democrats and republicans fighting. I guess im just having a lapse because I cant take all the hateful-negativity and id like to say some positive things.

I'd wager this would be a very different thread without this intro.   I will say that the Red Board is populated with more of the unwanted kind than is PR's Insider message board, but no MB is immune to ignorance, hate, and nonsense. 

As for the substance of the posts, I'm optimistic, too.   

When the Bucs had their bye week last year, I was done with Rah, and wondering who'd be coaching the Bucs in '10.  But Rah succeeded in taking over the D, and from what I understand, he never lost the locker room.  Those are 2 very positive things, and a good start.  I like Rah's idea of an aggressive/amoeba Tampa 2.  And I really like that Bisaccia is still with us.  Can we hire a spokesperson for Rah?  He's embarrassingly horrific in interviews.  A good-looking, square-chinned dude that can translate Rah-speak into English would be welcomed.

More importantly, I think Dom is the real deal.  I enjoyed Rich McKay's flair and pomp, and I enjoyed Bruce's mastery over numbers.  Dom seems like a good mix with a better goal-oriented draft perspective.  I understand that a draft can't be properly evaluated for at least 3 years, but it's already the best draft in recent memory to me: no dexter jackson, chris colmer, larry brackins, etc.  Every pick made sense ... Every pick had nfl potential.  I mean, we had 7 picks: IIRC, we drafted our first potential franchise QB since Dilfer; traded 2d rd for a kick-ass rockstar TE; at 3rd, at a minimum, we got a solid, serviceable NT; at 4th, jury's still out on Kyle, but I bet he starts in 2010 at LDE barring injury; 5th, OT Fulton, 7th, CB Biggers are question marks; and 7th, WR Sammie is definitely a win.  Did GruAllen make any successful 6th or 7th rd picks?  I don't know.  I'm a huge fan of Gru's and Allen's, but I also see their flaws.  It's too bad, really.   

AND, you can't blame Dom for not spending money he's not allowed to spend.  The MC80 deal was a  huge gaffe.  Rookie mistake by Dom.  Add to that Ward, Nugent, AB, McCown, etc., and don't forget to add a healthy scoop of potential lockout in 2011, and while I don't like what the Glazers have done with the pursestrings as a fan, I completely understand keeping costs low and forcing the employees (i.e., Dom and Rah) to do more with less as a businessman.  When it's my money, you have to prove to me FIRST that you can spend my money wisely before I allow you to spend my money without my oversight and approval. 

Not trading for Marshall or signing A Brown were mistakes that other nfl teams will profit from ... for different reasons both players would have made the Tampa Bay Buccaneers a better football team.

In the end, if thoughtful posters like kevinmills avoid the PR MBs, we are all worse off ... so long as he loses the demeaning intro.  It's not about agreeing with his ideas, but about propounding thoughtful ideas.  And while I agree with D about half the time, I almost always appreciate his comments.  In the case of this thread, I think kevinmills's intro to his post has been weighted too heavily by D.

Both of you post on this MB b/c you both care about those pirates from the gulf coast.

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 18, 2010, 04:36:10 AM

Excellent post. Its too bad some of the trolls you spoke of had to rear their ugly heads in this topic.

Some people don't wanna hear it though. They enjoy getting half drunk and coming on here every day to not only annoy others... but to preach their "gloom & doom" propaganda.

You should post more often. You're a voice of reason.

Just try to ignore the chuckleheads until they fizzle out.

Word.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 18, 2010, 06:02:16 AM

Over 2008?   I seriously doubt it.   As a matter of fact, I'd bet good money this 2010 does not finish as good as 9-7. 

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#26 : April 18, 2010, 06:45:34 AM

9-7 is a little too much to ask I believe. The previous regime left this team with very little talent, and the talent that got them to average was old and literally gave out in December of 08. I will say and without a doubt mean it, with the young talent we have on this team Morris will have a better record than the previous regime would have had with the same crew, plus I wouldn't have trusted the previous regime with this draft.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 18, 2010, 06:47:45 AM

Just curious.   What "young talent" is on the team that wasn't there when Gruden was here other than Freeman, Miller and Stroughter?   And of those 3, only Freeman is a starter.

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 18, 2010, 06:51:57 AM

K then.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#29 : April 18, 2010, 06:56:02 AM

K then.

Improving over 2009 means nothing.   Morris flushed the team down the toilet last year.   Anything would be an improvement over that.   And with this year's weak schedule, they should win a few games.    But to really "improve", they need to do better than they were prior to hiring Raheem.   When they go 10-6 or better, then they will have improved.  Not until.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I know its hard to believe, chicken little, but things are getting better... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools