Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I know its hard to believe, chicken little, but things are getting better... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

jrbuc19

Second String

#30 : April 18, 2010, 07:18:19 AM

java needs to quit living in the past....  GRUDEN is gone and he isn't coming back!!  if Ur a real fan of the bucs u need to support them! even though  u may not like every move u still support Ur team no matter what! and if u dont then go to a saint or a jet message boared

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#31 : April 18, 2010, 07:35:42 AM

I usually never post on here- quite frankly there are too many morons and too many trolls posting here. It’s worse than listening to democrats and republicans fighting. I guess im just having a lapse because I cant take all the hateful-negativity and id like to say some positive things.

We are going to have at least 18 players suiting up for us in training camp we didn’t have during last season. It could be quite an injection of depth and talent. We have 11 draft picks, 5 of those are in the first 102 picks of a very deep draft. If you read the papers the Bucs drafting process seems to be completely revamped and they seem to be going about scouting and evaluating talent the right way. E.J. Biggers and Xavier Fulton who didn’t play at all last season will pretty much bring this class from 11 to 13 players.

It sounds like Aaron Sears is gearing up to come back and we’ll have a recovered Crowell too. Plus the off-season additions of Reggie brown, Mark Bradley (who was acquired late last season) and Sean Jones should at least give depth.

Freeman seems to be working like a mad man in the film room and appears extremely dedicated to improving himself, the team, and winning. Other young players like Talib, Stroughter, Jackson, and Hayes, who have shown promise will have another year of experience under their belts. Also Roy Miller and Kyle Moore will be playing at their natural weights instead of heavier like last year which could boost their performances; and presumably having Suh or McCoy in the middle would also help them.

This is not going to be the same team from last year. A lot of mistakes were made at the beginning of last season but I think Morris and Dominik showed the ability to adapt, learn and correct their mistakes. This year we know who our QB is going to be, we know who is running the offense and we know who is running the defense. Those facts alone should make us a better, more cohesive team.

Before we pronounce the 2010 Bucs DOA lets see who is actually on the team and what we look like by the end of preseason. I don’t think that’s too much to ask for the team I assume we all love.

Great Post. Most here will bash you because they are still bitter. They think 9 wins vs an easy schedule is something to hang your hat on. They can't handle the fact that you actually have to gut a **CENSORED**ty roster and rebuild it in order to win more than 9 games and then be able to win a playoff game. I guess if 9-7 makes some happy then we had the perfect guy for it but they were never gonna win a playoff game till someone else was in charge of personnel and had Final Say.

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#32 : April 18, 2010, 07:39:39 AM

Just curious.� �What "young talent" is on the team that wasn't there when Gruden was here other than Freeman, Miller and Stroughter?   And of those 3, only Freeman is a starter.
It's only been ONE FREAKING SEASON TROLL. I know your used to the constant crusty veteran influx but its not happening. They are actually trying to win, not save Gruden's job by getting to 9-7.

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#33 : April 18, 2010, 07:44:06 AM

I agree. This year our beloved Buccaneers will be much improved.

Over 2008?   I seriously doubt it.   As a matter of fact, I'd bet good money this 2010 does not finish as good as 9-7. 
Is 9-7 something sacred in the NFL that I don't know about other than being average and usually not in the playoffs? It's sad that our ceiling with Gruden was 9-7 after the core of Monte's D was gone. Better off doing great things like hammering away at Colt McCoy telling him he better check it down, better hit that check down if you wanna win. LMAO. Checkdowns, oh the memories. I bet Java was a fan of Gruden's 2 yard routes.

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#34 : April 18, 2010, 07:50:40 AM

I do, in fact, exist.

I didn't ask if you exist. I just want to know if you really believe the nonsense you are spewing?

really? must have went over my head.

what exactly was the nonsense? The part where I said we were going to the playoffs? that we would finish above 500? Maybe the part when I said we were going to have the best draft in history? Oh, it was probably when I said we were going to have 10 pro-bowlers.

all that and then some ... you're the perfect mark ... enjoy your free soda refills
Enjoy your Sundays being bitter. Maybe you and your Grudenista buddies can start a Sunday flag football team and pay Gruden $50,000 to be your coach. Maybe you guys go 9-7??? You never know maybe even score more than 17 a game, who knows. Just make sure to tell him to bring Monte along to coach up the D or YOU GOT NO SHOT.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 18, 2010, 08:21:53 AM

Such a contrarian post  ;)! Most posters here consider every player to be trash until they get to the Pro-Bowl ;D...
   I have to agree with you; I enjoy watching young players develop. Most players take time to develop; it's rare for any rookie to step on the field and be productive from day 1. And I think this staff is geared toward developing players. Similar to Dungy, actually, although the current staff won't be neglecting the offensive side of the ball...

Mean D

Pro Bowler

#36 : April 18, 2010, 08:52:08 AM

I usually never post on here-

And that's a good thing.

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#37 : April 18, 2010, 09:01:52 AM

And that's a good thing.
Why? Cause he is not all doom and gloom.

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#38 : April 18, 2010, 09:12:56 AM

If it gets much worse than 3-13, the Skyway will be full of jumpers.

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#39 : April 18, 2010, 09:20:13 AM

I said there are trolls and morons on this board. Im going to say a lot of posters would agree. I gave that as my reason for rarely posting; its a waste of energy talking to them.

Its fine if knowledgeable fans who come here to actually talk and debate- disagree with how things are going.
You said it - not a lot of posters - and I would think a fair reading of the board's posters would show the vast majority of posters on this board are not trolls nor morons - opinionated yes, will they disagree - you bet.  But that doesn't make one a moron nor a troll. 

And that's a good thing.
Why? Cause he is not all doom and gloom.
No - because his opening post was at best questionable. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#40 : April 18, 2010, 09:42:06 AM

Personally, I think it's nice to see a "glass half full" kind of post every once in a while.

Sure, he may have taken the Glazers spiel hook, line, and sinker but he makes some valid points. There are many reasons to feel positive about this football team.

There are those of you here that are so used to bashing everything about the team and have such a desire to be right you refuse to see some of the good things going on you automatically go on attack mode when someone posts something like this.

Sometimes it's tough to read the stuff on here when we have a board filled with the Dan Sileo-ettes.

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#41 : April 18, 2010, 09:46:06 AM

After last season, could things get worse? There's only one direction to go and that's up. The questions are how high and how soon?

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#42 : April 18, 2010, 09:46:31 AM

Overall, I liked the post.  We all have a choice on how we want to move forward with the team and also life in general...I also choose to be optimistic and positive.  However, I do think your reception would have been better if you would have left out the "chicken little" and "moron" parts.  

#43 : April 18, 2010, 09:49:16 AM

It's always interesting to see how posters react to these type of posts...

Three type of responses normally...

1. Negative - will bash and trash you. (Mean D, Java, olafbersker, etc.)
2. Realistic - will take offense to the way you present your argument if you describe the posters with names (chicken little, trolls etc) (dbucfan)
3. Positive - will agree and support your thought without feeling attacked. (Chazmoney3)

But, if you've lurked around here enough - you already knew that...

I'm a pollyanna when it comes to my bucs in the offseason.  I think they are getting better.   I'd expect 7-9 to 9-7 this season - and I'll be happy with it
as long as they are competitive in every game.

Hey JoT - you applying for that PR Job ?   You should...

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#44 : April 18, 2010, 10:01:52 AM

Great post, km. The negative chicken little-types and trolls abound, (and didn't waste any time getting in on this thread) will always exist and will always whine.
They're not happy unless they're complaining or looking at the worst-case scenarios.

Nice to see some positive comments on a situation we have no direct control over. Can't wait until next week and I'm very curious to see the opening day roster and how much Freeman has improved. I think he's going to surprise a lot of people.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I know its hard to believe, chicken little, but things are getting better... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools