Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wow the Red Board « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

bucfanskiz

Starter
: March 06, 2007, 10:46:53 AM

Has really gone to the trolls!!!!  Where is the Phist or Zell when we need them.  Guys and ladies the bottom isn't falling out of our beloved Buccaneers.  I have a strange feeling that we will be ok when all is said and done FA Draft June 1st cuts!  If not we reload and try it again next year.  The pessimist attitudes on this board kill me.  If you need me ill be on the insider board were there is at least some sense of reality!

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 06, 2007, 10:47:50 AM

Are you kidding me?   With the recent Petitgout signing, I see nothing but positive comments.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#2 : March 06, 2007, 10:49:42 AM

Exactly Java.

There has been some speculation about Carter, and his contract, and the age thing, but really, it has been pretty decent so far.  WE can't enjoy every friggin thing that happens to the Bucs...

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#3 : March 06, 2007, 10:51:34 AM

Garcia move reaction was mixed, leaning on the good. Chuk signing was a bargain. The Carter move was questioned, but if the guaranteed money is what SR says it is then even that isn't devastating. OTOH the LP signing, even while a risk given his health problems, is a must.

In Verner We Trust

gone

Hall of Famer
#4 : March 06, 2007, 10:53:11 AM

Boid, Java, you guys have been reading lately.  There's been little sanity around here lately.  Hopefully it starts getting better now

Shag

Pro Bowler

#5 : March 06, 2007, 10:54:01 AM

Like the Chuk and Garcia signings, fine with getting Carter, probably won't like the Luke contract.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#6 : March 06, 2007, 10:59:22 AM

Why not, Shag? Luke fills a major need and he's not old. Injury history is a concern, but one of the two isn't something chronic. This could be a major coup.

In Verner We Trust

Shag

Pro Bowler

#7 : March 06, 2007, 11:17:35 AM

Why not, Shag? Luke fills a major need and he's not old. Injury history is a concern, but one of the two isn't something chronic. This could be a major coup.

Just thinking the contract will be huge for a 31 year old guy who wasn't on the field much last year.

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

#8 : March 06, 2007, 11:33:45 AM

Has really gone to the trolls!!!! Where is the Phist or Zell when we need them. Guys and ladies the bottom isn't falling out of our beloved Buccaneers. I have a strange feeling that we will be ok when all is said and done FA Draft June 1st cuts! If not we reload and try it again next year. The pessimist attitudes on this board kill me. If you need me ill be on the insider board were there is at least some sense of reality!

QFT. In fact, it has gotten so bad that I finally became PI and I'm glad I did. The article explaining the Plummer move was a good one.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#9 : March 06, 2007, 11:40:13 AM

Has really gone to the trolls!!!! Where is the Phist or Zell when we need them. Guys and ladies the bottom isn't falling out of our beloved Buccaneers. I have a strange feeling that we will be ok when all is said and done FA Draft June 1st cuts! If not we reload and try it again next year. The pessimist attitudes on this board kill me. If you need me ill be on the insider board were there is at least some sense of reality!

Wow - if someone doesn't agree with you they are trolls?  You have to admit that signing injury prone oldtimers to $5 mil/season should make you nervous.

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#10 : March 06, 2007, 11:46:33 AM

Yeah I see a good bit of negatiity, such as begin too old, etc.  But most the objections, from what I can tell, are members who have 2,000+ posts on this board...hardly a troll characteristic.

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 06, 2007, 11:59:49 AM

You think this is bad go check tbbbb

bucfanskiz

Starter
#12 : March 06, 2007, 12:00:36 PM

Wow - if someone doesn't agree with you they are trolls? You have to admit that signing injury prone oldtimers to $5 mil/season should make you nervous.

Im gonna assume your speaking of the KC signing here!  Just wondering if you know exactly how many games he has missed because of injury?.........Ill give you a hint.......he hasnt missed one in the last 190+games!!!!  If your gonna bring an argument to me at least come with some ammo!!!!  You dont have to agree with me just know your ROLE!!!!  Facts far out weight your ignorance!

Mellow

Starter

#13 : March 06, 2007, 12:11:33 PM

Some of the best discussions have been on the Red Board--lively discussions because people DISAGREE and are trying to DEFEND their opinion.  Yes, and some of those opinions have been negative about the Bucs, or Gruden, or Allen, or some of the Bucs' signings, but they are hardly posted by 'trolls'.  It really wouldn't be any fun if everyone just cheered everything Jon and Bruce do.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 06, 2007, 12:20:04 PM

Come on guys the only questionable FA signing so far is Luke Pet. and it's only because he's is coming off a broken leg. Kevin Carter has never missed a game and he can play a solid DE or DT. His contract isn't front-loaded with gauranteed money which means he can be cut in a year or two and it won't kill us like Garner and Stussie's did. As far as signing over the hill players, if you don't get a good mix of vets and rooks then you haven't done your job. Everyone wants to jump on the FO because we haven't signed guys to 7 yr 70 million dollar deals. The top free agents this year have nothing special about them, yet their getting stupid money. Joey Porter is the only defensive player who has signed that we all know is worth his weight. The rest are middle of the pack average FA's which thier own teams didn't believe in the hype so they didn't resigned them. I'm sure Bruce Allen is sorry to all of you Dell Gm's that the Bucs didn't get Clements, Briggs, A. Thomas, and Stienbech all in the same minute. Besides Lance Briggs, the other three players are horribly over paid. I'm happy that the Bucs didn't go after these FA's. Too much money for not enough proof that their worth it. Smart teams don't sign players to 7 yr 70 million dollar deals when all they have to lean on is some hope that he'll live up to his potential. You give players this money who are proven and still in their primes. None of these guys played on a great team where they were the focus of the oppisition in everygame.    

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wow the Red Board « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools