Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Joseph ready to come back? Scott or Jim? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 02, 2006, 07:09:00 PM

Boid, while I agree with consistancy Mahan is not the long tearm answer at Guard, that is the plan for Joseph.  When Joseph is healthy he should be put into the equation if he is anywhere close to being as good as Mahan so that we do not have to build continuity next year.  I believe the same goes for Trueblood, as soon as he is ready to play mentally he should get a lot more playing time.  Walker has played well this year but if Trueblood has more upside then he should get a look this year.  The biggest benifit to these guys is they will no longer be protecting the QB's blind side.  I have said it before and I will say it agian now, I would like to see the line look like this:  Trueblood, Davis, Buenning, Joseph, Walker.  I believe in putting you best five players on the field but Buenning will not make the transformation this year but I believe we should give it a shot over the offseason.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 02, 2006, 09:10:09 PM

Even if healthy, I'm not sure I'd start him.

It is critical that Joseph get in there as soon as he can. From what I've seen, he's the long term answer at the position and he needs to learn now if for nothing else than next season.

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#17 : October 02, 2006, 10:52:46 PM

They won't reply, but that doesn't mean they don't read the Red Board. ;)

joedav01

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 02, 2006, 11:37:55 PM

According to JP Peterson, Joseph practiced today, but had to leave early due to a virus.  [banghead]

DBrooksIsMyDaddy

Pro Bowler

#19 : October 02, 2006, 11:40:39 PM

A virus now?  Jeez, for a big guy, he's awful fragile!  ::)

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 03, 2006, 12:01:34 AM

A virus now? Jeez, for a big guy, he's awful fragile! ::)

Well we know he is injury prone, and sickness prone.

Not being hard.  But from what the Bucs have invested in him, he has returned nothing in return.  Not exactly his fault, but he is pretty porcelain to be playing O-line...JK! JK!

Chev is going to hang me if I keep this up!

gone

Hall of Famer
#21 : October 03, 2006, 01:02:59 AM

Even if healthy, I'm not sure I'd start him.  Bringing back the same line from last year is a better way to build consistant play.  We've already seen that in games 2 and 3, when last years line was in, the pass protection improved dramatically.  A few tweaks in the run game, some more roll outs, boots and waggles from Grads, and we can run the ball with these guys.  Let Joseph sit and learn for a season...JMO.
Consistently crappy?  I have to say DJ sounds like an upgrade, since My Gandma > mahan ATM

And you don't learn by not playing, he needs to be out there

EDIT for clarity:

Talking about Mahan playing poorly, not the line as a whole.  I would rate him as the weakest link, followed closely by wade, with Yatta a distant third.

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#22 : October 03, 2006, 01:06:28 AM

virus could be a reaction to the meds he's been taken.

Warhorse

Second String

#23 : October 03, 2006, 09:00:22 AM

I read somewhere that there is specualtion that it is an mcl tear and that they are trying to keep that hush-hush.

I have no idea if that is really true though.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#24 : October 03, 2006, 09:58:22 AM

Injury prone? Fragile?

Guys, Joseph never had any major injuries at Oklahoma. Unfortunately knee injuries happen, but when a 300 lb guy rolls up on your leg when bodies are flying around, knee injuries are expected. That's isn't cause for the label "injury prone". To be honest, with as much weight as these guy carry on their knees, injuries are mor prevalent (see LeCharles Bentley).
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Joseph ready to come back? Scott or Jim? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools