Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McDaniels or Morris? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 19, 2010, 06:27:43 PM

Leaning towards Raheem.

McDaniels is tearing that team apart.  He had his Broncos high at 6-0, in which I was turning to McDaniels side, but a collaspe and the fact they he's getting rid of all that talent makes me think he's a moron.

In the end, it looks like Shanahan and Gruden staying pat would have been better for both teams....or maybe a swap???

but as bad as Morris did in, particularly, the first half of the season, I saw slight improvement the 2nd half, plus the team isn't being dismantled......yet.  We shall see, but so far he has kept the talent we do have...in place.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 19, 2010, 07:34:41 PM

McDaniels is FAR better than Rawheem.    It's not even close.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#17 : April 19, 2010, 07:43:21 PM

How about the Lions coach? They had the worst defense in NFL history last year and he played his rookie QB while injured in a meaningless game where he got injured even worse. I think he is in the running for worse coach, but there wasn't a peep about him being fired at the end of the year.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 19, 2010, 07:47:50 PM

Rawheem is so pathetic that the only coaches he's ever compared to are the worst ones.   LOL!

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#19 : April 19, 2010, 07:56:11 PM

Java calling someone else pathetic. If that's not the kettle calling the pot black, I don't know what is.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 19, 2010, 07:59:09 PM

I'm not being paid to be HC of the Bucs.   It doesn't matter if I'm pathetic or not.   However, it does matter that Morris is pathetic.

He is only compared to the worst coaches in the league.  And that's even by his main supporters!   That speaks volumes.

You never saw Gruden compared to the worst coaches in the league when he was coaching.   He was always compared to the best.   The Gruden haters would say things like "He's not as good as Belichick".    He wasn't being compared to the Lions coach, he was being compared to the coaches that just won the superbowl.

FartMan

Pro Bowler
#21 : April 19, 2010, 08:03:51 PM

In all fairness... you kinda have to separate the personnel moves from the actual coaching moves... both guys are young and have GMs... so, I don't know how much you can blame either one for who or who not is on the team.  

Having said that... as a straight up x's and o's guy... and a guy who is basically in charge of heading an organization... I think McDaniels has is it  all over Raheem.

Raheem blundered the coordinators position, he blundered the QB battle, he blundered the London trip, he blundered in game management, he blundered replay challenges... he has a lot of work to do.

The players obviously seem to like Raheem more than Josh... but that probably isn't a good thing.  I mean you can call Parcells and Bellichek arrogant or whatever... but the fact is they got 6 Superbowls and 5 Superbowl wins between them... they are suppose to be their boss... not their friends...

I don't know what kind of coach either one will likely be... I just know I really didn't like what I saw out of Raheem his first year.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#22 : April 19, 2010, 08:40:16 PM

Jay Cutler - Gone
Brandon Marshall- Gone
Tony Schefler- Gone

Whose next on his list?

There were a few posters (Java ;)) that were singin McDaniels' praises after that bogus start to their season.

Frankly, if I was Bowlen, I'd have admitted my mistake and fired the coach. Geezus!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 19, 2010, 08:53:23 PM

In all fairness... you kinda have to separate the personnel moves from the actual coaching moves... both guys are young and have GMs... so, I don't know how much you can blame either one for who or who not is on the team.  

Having said that... as a straight up x's and o's guy... and a guy who is basically in charge of heading an organization... I think McDaniels has is it  all over Raheem.

Raheem blundered the coordinators position, he blundered the QB battle, he blundered the London trip, he blundered in game management, he blundered replay challenges... he has a lot of work to do.

The players obviously seem to like Raheem more than Josh... but that probably isn't a good thing.  I mean you can call Parcells and Bellichek arrogant or whatever... but the fact is they got 6 Superbowls and 5 Superbowl wins between them... they are suppose to be their boss... not their friends...

I don't know what kind of coach either one will likely be... I just know I really didn't like what I saw out of Raheem his first year.
I'd say McDaniels has proven to be by far a better in game coach, but Morris a better big picture program builder. His priorities for building a team seem to be right on. Whether he can accomplish it or not remains to be seen, but McDaniels' picture of what a team should look like is way more screwy. Regarding the assistants, don't forget McDaniels has already lost his only coordinator.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

the big show

Second String

#24 : April 19, 2010, 09:02:37 PM

Morris lost both coordinators. One before the season started. His priorities for building a team are spot on? How is that? Signing Nugent, Ward, Winslow, Clayton and Leftwich? Come on. But still, players are far more happy to play for Morris than McDaniels. However, player do like to win........

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#25 : April 19, 2010, 09:07:53 PM

Hmmm we have a bunch of cheap owners and Raheem is building a team through the draft - so far so good and Denver has a top QB, one of the best WR's, and he is getting rid of everybody and making them a piss poor team - with an owner not afraid to spend money.  Its a no brainer Raheem is and will always be a better coach than McDaniels.

Java/Tebow Lover/Gruden Lover, in terms of Gruden I don't recall him ever being compared to top coaches  - I think what you meant to say was that if Gruden was a top coach he would stop screwing things up the way he did!!

I would have to look back but Java was all over McDaniels in the beginning.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 19, 2010, 09:12:28 PM

I still like McDaniels better than Raheem for sure.   If the Bucs could switch coaches with the Broncos, that would be a good move.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 19, 2010, 09:20:03 PM

Morris lost both coordinators. One before the season started. His priorities for building a team are spot on? How is that? Signing Nugent, Ward, Winslow, Clayton and Leftwich? Come on. But still, players are far more happy to play for Morris than McDaniels. However, player do like to win........
McDaniels lost his only coordinator after the season. Additionally, he;s already dumped or replaced most of the free agents he signed last year. If you lived in Denver you'd think Ronald Field, Vonnie Holiday, Ryan McBean and others were just as worthless as Ward, Crowell, and Leftwich. Heck, McDaniels had Chris Simms start a game. 

Morris at least knows what it's like to win after Thanksgiving.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#28 : April 19, 2010, 09:22:52 PM

Not much to pick from based upon last year's escapades - Raheem might have an edge as McDaniels continues tearing down the Broncos as he removed/lost Brandon Marshall - but Raheem was the leader up until then by getting rid of/losing AB.  So hard to tell.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#29 : April 19, 2010, 09:32:51 PM

well i dont know who's a better coach.  I guess, on actual game days, You'd have to give the nod to McDaniels at the moment, but I can't say I'd be happy if I am a Broncos Fan.(not that I'm estatic as a Buc Fan, but we didn't have a 25 year old Pro Bowl DUO at QB-WR....
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McDaniels or Morris? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools