Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lions Hinting Suh Will Be Their Pick - PFT « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

: April 20, 2010, 11:56:05 AM

I'll take that as a good sign for us as they are trying to get us to trade with them.  THEY ARE TAKING OKUNG!!!!!!!

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 20, 2010, 08:37:26 AM

I now put the entire board on suicide watch....

Lions' coaches hint Suh will be their pick
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 20, 2010 8:26 AM ET
Although the Lions said last week that they haven't yet reached a consensus on what they're going to do with the second pick in Thursday's draft, the coaching staff is hinting that Nebraska defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh will be the choice.

About 1,500 fans showed up Monday to a pre-draft party for season-ticket holders at Ford Field, and after hearing them chant Suh's name, head coach Jim Schwartz told them they'd be happy on Thursday night.

"Let me say this, the draft board has been pretty solidly set," Schwartz said. "We are going to go over some mock-draft scenarios over the next couple days and cover all of our options. There are a lot of different ways we can go, but you won't be disappointed."

None of the Lions' coaches would come right out and say that Suh is atop their draft board, but Lions defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham joked about his wife telling him they needed Suh, and even Lions offensive coordinator Scott Linehan said he'd be fine with taking Suh instead of bolstering the offensive line.

"When we're killing the other team's quarterback," Linehan said. "I'm going to be happy."

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer
#2 : April 20, 2010, 08:41:15 AM

No big surprise if they do.  Then after their running back and franchise QB gets killed again the fans will turn on the coach and call for his job for not addressing the Oline.  But hey 5-6 sacks will be worth it!  ::)

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#3 : April 20, 2010, 08:51:25 AM

mccoy is the exact DT bucs fans have been clamoring for since sapp left...and now he's chopped liver.  it amazes me.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

pewterpirates

Starter
#4 : April 20, 2010, 08:55:25 AM

mccoy is the exact DT bucs fans have been clamoring for since sapp left...and now he's chopped liver.  it amazes me.
+1

I just can't see my boy Tebow playing in any other jersey except the ol' Bucs.  If someone else ends up stealing him from us I will have a hard time staying a hardcore Bucs fan for life. 

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 20, 2010, 08:57:16 AM

mccoy is the exact DT bucs fans have been clamoring for since sapp left...and now he's chopped liver.  it amazes me.

x2.

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer
#6 : April 20, 2010, 08:58:48 AM

Consider me one of the few I guess that will be just as happy hearing McCoy's name called thursday night as well GameTime.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#7 : April 20, 2010, 08:58:54 AM

At this point, the only other scenario that I see possibly happening is that Detroit does a deal with Washington for their 2nd pick in the draft for Haynesworth and then take Okung (or Spiller) with their 1st round pick. That's the only other option I see at this point and it would be a very shrewed move for Mayhew to pull off. There is the Schwartz connection to Haynesworth.

However, I don't think Washington is willing to deal Haynesworth for a #2 just yet, or perhaps Detroit isn't interested in Haynesworth.  Of course, Detroit could do a deal that swaps their #2 pick in the 1st round and their #2 pick in the second round for Washington's #4 pick in the 1st round and Haynesworth allowing Washington to pick Suh to be the NT in their 3-4 defense and Detroit can still get Okung or Spiller for less money. THAT would really make Mayhew look good.

Just a couple other options - but either way, I'm honestly thinking that Suh is gone with the second pick too.  However, I am completely happy with McCoy as our choice.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

Hammerhead

Starter
#8 : April 20, 2010, 09:11:16 AM

And it wasn't that long ago that most of the mocks had us taking Berry because both Suh and McCoy would be gone.

skip

Starter

#9 : April 20, 2010, 09:27:38 AM

mccoy is the exact DT bucs fans have been clamoring for since sapp left...and now he's chopped liver. it amazes me.
McCoy has half the production as Suh in most every defensive catagory. McCoy is a adequate consolation prize. Looks like the Bucs will be one pick away from landing the best player in the draft.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#10 : April 20, 2010, 09:27:53 AM

Consider me one of the few I guess that will be just as happy hearing McCoy's name called thursday night as well GameTime.

You were probably happy when Gaines Adams name was called as well.

CarrollwoodBucs

Second String

#11 : April 20, 2010, 09:29:14 AM

would much rather have suh but ill take mccoy at 3 and be happy

fsuklee

Second String

#12 : April 20, 2010, 09:33:28 AM

Most people's heart broke with Megatron getting picked.  Mine broke when Thomas got picked.  Gaines was the consensus top defensive players by experts, scouts, and our very own Monte.  I know AP went to picks later but ran too upright and had a serious injury history.  It is really easy to sit here with your Hindsight Goggles and try to stick your finger in someone's eye.  Show me a post leading up to the draft where you said Gaines was a bust.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#13 : April 20, 2010, 09:34:28 AM

I said Gaines would be a bust the day they drafted him.   I wanted Thomas as well.   

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#14 : April 20, 2010, 09:40:21 AM

Then the Rams could pull a trade and ship the "Suh-stakes" somewhere else, foiling Detroit's alleged plans for Suh.
    No doubt this is by far the most interesting pre-draft in years; nothing IS as it seems  ;D
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lions Hinting Suh Will Be Their Pick - PFT « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools