Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lions Hinting Suh Will Be Their Pick - PFT « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 20, 2010, 09:43:04 AM

Consider me one of the few I guess that will be just as happy hearing McCoy's name called thursday night as well GameTime.

You were probably happy when Gaines Adams name was called as well.

Man, your hindsight is flawless.  I'll be honest, I was pretty optimistic when we drafted Gaines - but what does that mean?  The guy was a Top 5-6 pick on any mock draft and had a stellar college career.  

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#16 : April 20, 2010, 09:49:56 AM

Personally If the Lions don't take Okung with the second pick, We need to be all over it. We can get a solid DT in the 2nd round. Stud LT's are hard to come by. Believe me though I want a stud DT and would be happy with either Suh or McCoy, but Freeman needs to be protected and a DT doesn't solve that problem.

With Penn letting himself go last year, and getting in the 370 range, I think he all but sealed his own fate. All the sudden he comes back this off season and drops 35 lbs? Coincidentally, it happens to be a contract year for him. If we can pick Okung it gives us leverage to swing a trade involving Penn, for a second round pick, giving us the luxury of being able to jump back into the first round to pick up a WR, DE, DT or a CB. Which ever of those 4 positions the FO feels needs to be addressed first and foremost.  

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#17 : April 20, 2010, 09:51:06 AM

You were probably happy when Gaines Adams name was called as well.

i was happy because i trusted monte kiffin with the Bucs D.  but since you knew better than monte, a tip of the hat to you.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Snook

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 20, 2010, 10:01:01 AM

Of course the Lions will be taking Suh.  They LOVE turning top talent into busts.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#19 : April 20, 2010, 10:06:06 AM

I really hate the Lions.

Nicodemus

Pro Bowler

#20 : April 20, 2010, 10:26:39 AM

Of course the Lions will be taking Suh.  They LOVE turning top talent into busts.

My exact feelings too  ;)

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#21 : April 20, 2010, 10:28:39 AM

mccoy is the exact DT bucs fans have been clamoring for since sapp left...and now he's chopped liver. �it amazes me.

x2.
+3
I'm certain all these threads will get *bumped* a year or two from now, and some people will be beating their chest about how right, or how much their opinion has changed on "said player." That's why it doesn't really matter how strong you feel about a player. Everyone has the right to change their mind later, and NO ONE WILL CARE LATER! HAHA!

heyman_BUCu!

Second String

#22 : April 20, 2010, 10:48:52 AM

One has to wonder though. with McCoy leaving his junior year. And Suh being a senior. What kind of numbers could McCoy have put up given one more year of college?  Could he have possibly eclipsed Suh's numbers next season?

Damn Rah :-/.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 20, 2010, 11:04:40 AM

Can someone please delete the thread before "hate" checks it out?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#24 : April 20, 2010, 11:07:54 AM

mccoy is the exact DT bucs fans have been clamoring for since sapp left...and now he's chopped liver. it amazes me.

have you been reading these boards?  nothing should amaze you

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 20, 2010, 11:12:02 AM

Every year in the top 3, there is a stud (I think that is Suh - who I believe is going to Detroit), a good player (I believe Bradford will at worst be a "good" player - in STL), and a bust.  That being said... if Bradford and Suh go 1/2... I'm all for playing the averages and trading down so as not to take McCoy who I believe will be a bust.

fsuklee

Second String

#26 : April 20, 2010, 11:17:48 AM

Every year in the top 3, there is a stud (I think that is Suh - who I believe is going to Detroit), a good player (I believe Bradford will at worst be a "good" player - in STL), and a bust. That being said... if Bradford and Suh go 1/2... I'm all for playing the averages and trading down so as not to take McCoy who I believe will be a bust.

That is the worst analysis ever.  Wasn't Joe Thomas 3rd?  Bradford could easily bust with that shoulder and the spread O background. 

PS...Just got a message from someone in NY with their client for the draft.  Take it for what it is worth, but word on the street in Bradford, Suh, McCoy and Williams.  Trent is the only real surprise but many have said Okung just did not dominate in college.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 20, 2010, 11:29:26 AM

Every year in the top 3, there is a stud (I think that is Suh - who I believe is going to Detroit), a good player (I believe Bradford will at worst be a "good" player - in STL), and a bust. That being said... if Bradford and Suh go 1/2... I'm all for playing the averages and trading down so as not to take McCoy who I believe will be a bust.

That is the worst analysis ever.  Wasn't Joe Thomas 3rd?  Bradford could easily bust with that shoulder and the spread O background. 

PS...Just got a message from someone in NY with their client for the draft.  Take it for what it is worth, but word on the street in Bradford, Suh, McCoy and Williams.  Trent is the only real surprise but many have said Okung just did not dominate in college.

I didn't say it was the #3 pick that always was a bust... I said in the top 3.  The implication was that ONE of the top three is likely to be a bust.  I don't think (which means - it's my opinion), it will be the player picked at #3 because I don't think it will be Suh or Bradford.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#28 : April 20, 2010, 12:14:48 PM

I really hate the Lions.

+1

I'll take pleasure in seeing Stafford take a beating next year.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#29 : April 20, 2010, 12:16:40 PM

Dont believe anything said before the draft. 
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lions Hinting Suh Will Be Their Pick - PFT « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools