Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lions Hinting Suh Will Be Their Pick - PFT « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#30 : April 20, 2010, 12:24:54 PM

It's time for Dom to be bold.

Don't settle for a player that is inferior to Suh in virtually every statistical and measurable way -- get on the phone and trade up to the #1 pick. St. Louis will gladly trade back to #3 and get Bradford for less than #1 overall money while simultaneously picking up extra picks (either this year OR next year).

Go get Suh. Go get a difference maker. Don't settle for the silver medal.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 20, 2010, 12:28:57 PM

I really hate the Lions.

+1

I'll take pleasure in seeing Stafford take a beating next year.

I can't believe Martin Mayhew is going to let the ancient Jeff Backus block for Staffords blind side and get beat up like last year...He can't afford to do that...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#32 : April 20, 2010, 12:34:24 PM

The Lions are taking a LT. 

fsuklee

Second String

#33 : April 20, 2010, 12:37:49 PM

I really hate the Lions.

+1

Why not...we let a really fat guy protect ours.

I'll take pleasure in seeing Stafford take a beating next year.

I can't believe Martin Mayhew is going to let the ancient Jeff Backus block for Staffords blind side and get beat up like last year...He can't afford to do that...

Booker

Hall of Famer

#34 : April 20, 2010, 12:39:37 PM

The lions are taking Suh.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#35 : April 20, 2010, 12:51:20 PM

It is really easy to sit here with your Hindsight Goggles and try to stick your finger in someone's eye. Show me a post leading up to the draft where you said Gaines was a bust.

Search is your friend.

I NEVER wanted Gaines and stated so BEFORE the draft. Damn shame that those that get paid lots of money to know more than me couldn't see it.

-------------------------------------------------------

fsuklee

Second String

#36 : April 20, 2010, 01:02:51 PM

Thanks Kreskin.  Now for a real prediction....McCoy will be a better pro and have a longer career than Suh.  Suh will end up injured and hobbled and out of NFL in 4-6 years.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#37 : April 21, 2010, 12:29:08 AM

If there's one small bright spot to this, it now basically confirms that the Lions are looking at Suh. IF(and it's a huge 'if' considering the Glazers are our owners) we were considering trading up with the Rams, this essential confirmation from the Lions would certainly make us think harder about making a deal.

It's also possible the Lions want to try to force the Redskins hand with a Haynesworth deal. I'm now putting Suh to the Lions at 95% and I'm not going to let my heart shatter when we don't get him, but there's still a remote possibility.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#38 : April 21, 2010, 02:30:06 AM

If Detroit picks Suh, I wouldn't be opposed to trading for  Haynesworth and selecting Berry. That would solve two glowing weaknesses on the defense at once. I won't cry over selecting McCoy either. He would fit just fine.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#39 : April 21, 2010, 02:35:04 AM

Cyber, that would be awesome.

Get Albert, draft Berry, or McCoy, and the Bucs won;t get gouged on the run over and over.  They would have sex appeal.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#40 : April 21, 2010, 04:47:23 AM

Are people going to seriously complain if we pick McCoy?

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#41 : April 21, 2010, 01:36:42 PM

Yup -- especially if we made no attempt to trade up and get Suh.

Why be content with less than the best?

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#42 : April 21, 2010, 01:41:08 PM

Unless they pick Suh, I won't complain, I'll just assume that the guy they picked will be a bust.  Laws of averages say so.  Every year 1 of the first 3 picks will be a bust.  I don't think (yes, it's my opinion - apparently I have to state that because there aren't many people on this board who realize that the words "I think" or "I don't think" implies an opinion), that Suh or Bradfor will be busts.  I think Suh will be a stud and Bradford will at least be good.  That leaves the guy picked at #3 is likely to be a bust.  With that, I think the Bucs should do anything they can do to get out of that pick.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#43 : April 21, 2010, 01:42:32 PM

No part of me wants to trade picks to move up on guys who aren't a sure thing, none of them.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#44 : April 21, 2010, 01:44:20 PM

No part of me wants to trade picks to move up on guys who aren't a sure thing, none of them.

No draft pick is a sure thing, but some draft picks are less sure than others.

Me? I want the guy LEAST likely to bust and the guy who is unanimously rated as the best player overall in the draft. I'll gladly give up a second round choice (where the odds of busting are much higher) for that.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lions Hinting Suh Will Be Their Pick - PFT « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools