Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lions Hinting Suh Will Be Their Pick - PFT « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#75 : April 21, 2010, 11:12:48 PM

McCoy is a player we havent had the caliber of since Warren Sapp.

McCoy is McFarland.   Suh is Sapp.   You wouldn't trade the 2b pick to exchange McFarland for Sapp?   I damn sure would.

WHERE ARE YOU GETTING THESE BOGUS CLAIMS FROM?

Suh compares to Richard Seymore and Kevin Williams.

McCoy compares to Tommie Harris and Warren Sapp.

I have no idea where the hell you get the comparison from Booger to McCoy. They are entirely different players. For the past 16 months all you have done is talk entirely out of your butt, sometimes even admitting it.

You want a Booger McFarland clone, its Brian Price from UCLA. Is Suh the best player in this draft and an elite player? Yes. But McCoy is also an elite player. It's not worth it to trade up.

I'm willing to bet some of you "Suh or bust" people know damn well we arent going to get him and just want another thing to crucify this regime for by already counting out McCoy. Comparing him to Booger is almost as bad as the moron who compared him to Gaines Adams.

It's Java. He purposely posts ridiculous things like that to get a rise out of people...so don't give it to him ;)

Poor McCoy. The guy is going to be hated here before he plays a single down for us.

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#76 : April 21, 2010, 11:17:27 PM

Poor McCoy. The guy is going to be hated here before he plays a single down for us.

Everything he does will be compared to Suh for the rest of his career. The two are going to be linked, especially if they go back-to-back.

If Suh dominates, McCoy will be expected to dominate. That's simply a given.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#77 : April 21, 2010, 11:17:51 PM

nubcake, awitron has been on this board longer than you.  You think you need to tell him about other board members?   LOL!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#78 : April 21, 2010, 11:28:55 PM

Damnit...I am still not happy about getting McCoy. 

Just feels like a letdown.  DANG IT!

I wish I could hssake the feeling, and I hope dude makes me a believer, but I just see him having an average career in Tampa.  He is lining up next to Hovan, or Sims, and that aint making his life easier.  He aint the strongest guy out there, so when they play power run teams like ATL or Carolina (SUPRISE!  We play them TWICE A YEAR!), it just seems he will be an afterthought.  Just don;t see McCoy being an impact player in the NFL.  He will be just another DT, who can manage to grab 3-5 sacks a year.  At best.  He couldn't sniff Sapp's jock, so these comparisons to him are weak at best.  Sapp is a hellraiser, and a loudmouth, and a terminator.

McCoy aint Sapp.  Suh is more Sapp-like to me.  Just a hellraiser, a guy who is going to drive guards backwards.  Wait till he plays for 2 seasons, and he is still fast off the block, has gotten NFL strength training and is used to playing against other NFL guards that are not as athletic as he is...Suh is going to be a great DT.  It is almost a lock.

McCoy? Man...I have said it for months.  No way McCoy goes over Suh, not a chance, and these draft experts saying he is a better NFL ready player are clueless.  WTH are they watching? 

Depressing.

Go McCoy.  Hooray.

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
#79 : April 21, 2010, 11:30:16 PM

who cares if the lions take Suh, its not the end of the world..lol  some of you have man crushes onthis guy and never seen him n a game....mccoy is just as good........get off of suhs dong....

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#80 : April 21, 2010, 11:31:28 PM

who cares if the lions take Suh, its not the end of the world..lol �some of you have man crushes onthis guy and never seen him n a game....mccoy is just as good........get off of suhs dong....
McCoy is not even close to being good as Suh.

Suh had a **CENSORED**ton of tackles as a DT.  It is unheard of for a DT to rack up 100 tackles.

McCoy?  Not even...close.

McCoy is not as good as Suh.  It is like settling.  I HATE settling.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#81 : April 21, 2010, 11:34:32 PM

I get that Suh is a better player than McCoy.

What I absolutely can not stand is people who downgrade McCoy because of that. He is an elite prospect in his own right. Give him the same chance you would give Suh.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#82 : April 21, 2010, 11:34:52 PM

Those NFL guys have watched more tape than anyone here.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#83 : April 21, 2010, 11:36:13 PM

who cares if the lions take Suh, its not the end of the world..lol �some of you have man crushes onthis guy and never seen him n a game....mccoy is just as good........get off of suhs dong....

Pure genius.   I supposed when the Bucs took Broderick Thomas instead of Barry Sanders, Derrick Thomas or Deion Sanders, that Brod was just as good.

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#84 : April 21, 2010, 11:41:22 PM

I get that Suh is a better player than McCoy.

What I absolutely can not stand is people who downgrade McCoy because of that. He is an elite prospect in his own right. Give him the same chance you would give Suh.

If McCoy is elite they need to invent a new word to describe Suh -- because the two aren't on the same planet when it comes to dominating D-Line play.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lions Hinting Suh Will Be Their Pick - PFT « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools