Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WHICH BUC IS THE TEAM'S MVP THUS FAR? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 21, 2006, 11:46:10 PM

I have a hard time giving the MVP to Galloway, consider the fact that he had 0 catches in week one, and 1 catch in week three for 8 yards... Are those the numbers of an MVP to a team that is 1-5???

Grads has been our difference maker to this point. His first game, he allowed us the chance to win (freaking Reggie Bush and freaking special teams....uggghhh!), and in his 2nd start we actually won the game...

I find it hard to give the MVP to a guy who only started 2 of 6 games, but without him, odds are we are 0-6.

Bruce is our MVP!

Last I checked we are 1-4. Grads has started 2 of 5 games. But who's counting?

my bad, after losing so many, I guess I lost track...*nervous laugh*

jsunm73

Pro Bowler

#31 : October 22, 2006, 01:36:01 AM

too me i think galloway has been the best offense player so far.as for defense i would say dewayne white.it is hard to call any other players mvp's of anything yet.although if gradkowski continues to play well he might just wind up being the offensive mvp.on defense until they start playing better white will be the man.because he seems to make the splash plays we have come to expect from the likes of rice and barber.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#32 : October 22, 2006, 02:41:34 AM

Grads has thrown the ball an awful lot in two games.  I highly doubt that Gruden thinks he needs to run the ball in order to protect him.  He has faith in Grads.  The guy had forty four attempts in one game.  That is quite a bit, and placing a HUGE amount of workload on a rookie QBs back.

Davis the MVP?  Not in my opinion.  Like I said, his forte is run blocking, and as a part of a unit that creates run yardage, he is far from an anchor, or an MVP on the BUcs given the Bucs putrid run production.  It is not even a matter of attempts, but the average was putrid as well.  That can only be the runners fault, the lines fault, or more likely, a symbiotic relationship that faults both parties involved. 

The Bucs have won one game, and as John Garvey said, it will be hard to find someone who deserves this award based on record and statistics.  Grads has decent numbers, and no one seems to question he is the starter of the future.  He HAS to be the MVP.  He is the QB on a team that is in rebuild mode, espescially on offense.

Bidwell is playing well, but he is the punter.  And based on the majority of opinions, is the reason for the loss.  That is all subjective to me, but hey, it couldn't have hurt if Bidwell would have angled the punt out of bounds. 

Galloway was a non-factor for a few games, but has been around for all of the losses.

The list could go on and on.  But Bruce is the man right now.  He makes the Bucs roll.

He is the only one who is basically a B+ player, based on two games, and the only win.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#33 : October 22, 2006, 02:54:40 AM

At 1-4, there IS no MVP. Sorry, but a team that has scored so few points and given up so many HAS no MVP.
Good luck naming one without getting laughs!
EXACTLY!!

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#34 : October 22, 2006, 08:49:33 AM

Grads has thrown the ball an awful lot in two games. I highly doubt that Gruden thinks he needs to run the ball in order to protect him. He has faith in Grads. The guy had forty four attempts in one game. That is quite a bit, and placing a HUGE amount of workload on a rookie QBs back.

Davis the MVP? Not in my opinion. Like I said, his forte is run blocking, and as a part of a unit that creates run yardage, he is far from an anchor, or an MVP on the BUcs given the Bucs putrid run production. It is not even a matter of attempts, but the average was putrid as well. That can only be the runners fault, the lines fault, or more likely, a symbiotic relationship that faults both parties involved.

The Bucs have won one game, and as John Garvey said, it will be hard to find someone who deserves this award based on record and statistics. Grads has decent numbers, and no one seems to question he is the starter of the future. He HAS to be the MVP. He is the QB on a team that is in rebuild mode, espescially on offense.

Bidwell is playing well, but he is the punter. And based on the majority of opinions, is the reason for the loss. That is all subjective to me, but hey, it couldn't have hurt if Bidwell would have angled the punt out of bounds.

Galloway was a non-factor for a few games, but has been around for all of the losses.

The list could go on and on. But Bruce is the man right now. He makes the Bucs roll.

He is the only one who is basically a B+ player, based on two games, and the only win.

Well, Caddy alone averaged 14 carries per game the first 3 games, and near 20 a game the last 2 games.  So I'd say Jon has committed to him a little more.  It also didn' hurt that Cincy and NO aren't very good at stopping the run.  The offense had started to turn the corner the 2nd half of the Carolina game.  Bruce has continued that but I wouldn't say he is the only reason for it. 

I have a hard time picking an MVP on a 1-4 team also, but I had to answer the question.  I think just as you can't fault Grads for the first 3 losses, he can't take all the credit for the last 2 games either.  Playing 40% of the games so far does not make you the MVP to me.  By the 8th game, after he has played 5, if he still performs at this level I will say Grads is the team MVP halfway through the season.  But at this point of only playing 2 out of 5 games I don't see how anyone can say he is the team MVP. 

To say Galloway has been around for all those losses, well Grads has too.  It's not like he wasn't a member of the team.  You win as a team and lose as a team. Obviously Gruden felt Simms was the best chance to win, so Grads didn't play.  If you are saying everyone who played the first 3 games is eliminated, well I guess I see why you picked Grads.  But I think it is ridiculous to look at it that way.  You have to look at who has been the best overall performer for all 5 games.  To me the person who has been steady for this team all 5 games is Davis.  Regardless of how the team did, he has been the most consistent performer.  He isn't the sexy pick, and it's easy to say that since Bruce is in we won a game, but I think everyone is responsible for that win not just him.  The defense has played better, Caddy has played better, the line has played better, and Gruden has called better games.  The one consistent performer throughout everything has been AD.  THat is why he is MVP.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#35 : October 22, 2006, 11:03:50 AM

eerr im going with Cadillac, his last two games have been a real turnaround point imo

but the runner up at this point would be gradkowski

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#36 : October 22, 2006, 12:44:30 PM

I vote for Anthony Davis. He's the only player on the team who nobody complains about.  He must be doing something right.

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#37 : October 22, 2006, 12:53:02 PM

You people are too funny, a guys plays good in one game and hes a MVP!!! Wow!
Consistency means nothing here I see...............

MVP this season is Grads, no question. He's improved the entire team with his play in a few area:

- Taking care of the ball. The first few games the TO's killed not only the offense but the defense. Before the Saints game 45% of the points the defense gave up was because of those TO's. They really put the defense in some bad spots and Grads has has really improved that.

- No batted balls. Huge, these were wasted plays for the offense which resulted in too many 3 and outs. Again, this helps the defense as well keeping them off the field.

- He's helped the running game: With Grads in there opposing defenses have to respect his speed out of the pocket. This makes the defense stay honest instead of honing in strictly on Caddy.

- His style has opened up the offense making it more difficult for teams to figure out what's coming next.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WHICH BUC IS THE TEAM'S MVP THUS FAR? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools