Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Leftwich traded to Pitt for 7th rounder « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#30 : April 20, 2010, 06:26:33 PM

They are supposedly happy with Rudy Carpenter as the 3rd QB - which is fine with me as well. �Hopefully the 3rd QB never even dresses.

I'm sure they are, now what happens if Freeman gets hurt...and please don't tell me the Josh Johnson experience returns to town. Can we just got to the wishbone with him at QB and save us all the pain?

If Freeman gets hurt, the team is screwed whether it's Josh Johnson, Rudy Carpenter, or Marc Bulger playing QB.

Marc Bulger's team is picking before the Buccaneers are.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 20, 2010, 06:27:06 PM

Maybe we can deal JJ for another late pick after we sign a vet backup

Larry Brackins

Starter
#32 : April 20, 2010, 06:28:09 PM

They are supposedly happy with Rudy Carpenter as the 3rd QB - which is fine with me as well. �Hopefully the 3rd QB never even dresses.

I'm sure they are, now what happens if Freeman gets hurt...and please don't tell me the Josh Johnson experience returns to town. Can we just got to the wishbone with him at QB and save us all the pain?

If Freeman gets hurt, the team is screwed whether it's Josh Johnson, Rudy Carpenter, or Marc Bulger playing QB.
Right on. Honestly, I'd be fine if we just carried two QBs in Freeman and JJ. However if they plan on using JJ in some wildcat, I doubt that happens.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

nitey

Hall of Famer
#33 : April 20, 2010, 06:29:55 PM

Considering the amount of talent that we have recently picked out after the draft, getting another 7th is really not bad, especially for a guy that I'm sure we weren't going to camp with. There are still some QB's out there that we could get, Losman, Culpepper, Bulger, Brunell and Josh McCown - not to mention the 2-4 others that will get released after the draft or before Summer camp.

Actually in this case, I might be okay with Losman or Culpepper.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

HughC

Pro Bowler

#34 : April 20, 2010, 06:30:35 PM

With that many 7th's the Bucs should look to trade one of them away for a 6th round 2011, or maybe two for a 5th.  There's a few teams out there with very few picks overall that might be interested.  

nitey

Hall of Famer
#35 : April 20, 2010, 06:33:12 PM

I wonder if the Bucs have anyone else on the trade block? I'm hoping SOMEONE (Detroit, I'm talking YOU) will call and offer up a choice for Clayton, but I wonder if anyone else is also being shopped over the next couple of days?

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#36 : April 20, 2010, 06:33:59 PM

With that many 7th's the Bucs should look to trade one of them away for a 6th round 2011, or maybe two for a 5th. �There's a few teams out there with very few picks overall that might be interested. �

I'd be willing to wager we will be moving up in the 5th and/or 6th round to secure a player and those extra 7th round picks will help do so.

pancake block

Starter

#37 : April 20, 2010, 06:36:29 PM

if history repeats, like doug williams and steve young who never saw the light here became superbowl mvp's yuk,yuk

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#38 : April 20, 2010, 06:37:07 PM

I like... Nice to have the luxury... hopefully we are able to find someone in round 7 with 5 picks

CHRISHOVAN

Hall of Famer

#39 : April 20, 2010, 06:42:54 PM

No thanks. No need for a veteran backup. JJ is perfectly fine as the backup QB and I wouldn't give him up for less than a 5th.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#40 : April 20, 2010, 06:43:26 PM

With that many 7th's the Bucs should look to trade one of them away for a 6th round 2011, or maybe two for a 5th. �There's a few teams out there with very few picks overall that might be interested. �

I'd be willing to wager we will be moving up in the 5th and/or 6th round to secure a player and those extra 7th round picks will help do so.

Exactly, all the extra picks are being accumulated to help navigate thru the draft. Expect several of them to be traded away come draft day. If you notice, Dominik did a lot of trading up and down during last year's draft.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#41 : April 20, 2010, 06:44:04 PM

No thanks. No need for a veteran backup. JJ is perfectly fine as the backup QB and I wouldn't give him up for less than a 5th.
Agreed.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

calicojack

Starter
#42 : April 20, 2010, 06:46:53 PM

Next shoe to drop... Big Ben gets traded to St. Louis for the #33 pick...

The Dream Team

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#43 : April 20, 2010, 06:54:02 PM

Well I guess we have Big Ben's little Ben to thank for at least snagging a 7th round pick out of this. With Roethisberger likely sitting out to start the season, Steelers needed QB familiar with the system. 

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#44 : April 20, 2010, 07:05:41 PM

Lefty may not even start in Pitt.   Don't they like Dennis Dixon quite a bit?  I would guess he is just insurance while Big Ben is cooling his heels.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Leftwich traded to Pitt for 7th rounder « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools