Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Two Players Many On Here Said Would Not Fall Have « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
« : April 22, 2010, 11:28:29 PM »

Earlier this off-season I steadfastly stated that DT Brian Price and OT Bruce Campbell could be had in the second round and many on here laughed, now it seems the Bucs might have the chance to further fortify the interior of their defense. The question is, if Brian Price is available at 35 would you as a fan be happy if the team decided against drafting WR Golden Tate at 35 for Price or taking a gamble on Campbell at 35?

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer

« #1 : April 22, 2010, 11:30:40 PM »

Very surprised Price is still there as I thought Saints would scoop him up in a heartbeat.  Another guy that I'm very surprised to still see is OT Brown, USC......really thought the Colts would take him there.  Cant wait for tomorrow!

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #2 : April 22, 2010, 11:44:13 PM »

I'd be all for Price

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #3 : April 22, 2010, 11:45:24 PM »

Saints went goofy on their pick. Big Reach.

Price might be a nice guy, we need DT depth. Campbell might also be a good pick because he can play ROT or LOT so he could push Flagblood this year and if he can play to his physique push Blob-boy next year.

I would have to think the Lions will take Brown tomorrow.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

quezilla

Hall of Famer
« #4 : April 22, 2010, 11:45:32 PM »

I think teams are going to want to trade up after sleeping on it all night.

bucwildfan

Starter

« #5 : April 22, 2010, 11:47:27 PM »

Though I would like Price at this point we DESPERATELY need a WR. A WR must be drafted tomorrow with 2A or B. There is no question I mean all we picked up was R. Brown come on! Give Freeman some weapons!!

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #6 : April 22, 2010, 11:48:27 PM »

If Tate comes off the board before the 2a the Bucs shouldn't force it as they are better off waiting till the third or fourth round to draft a WR.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #7 : April 22, 2010, 11:50:42 PM »

Though I would like Price at this point we DESPERATELY need a WR. A WR must be drafted tomorrow with 2A or B. There is no question I mean all we picked up was R. Brown come on! Give Freeman some weapons!!

We have to take the WR at 2a because there'll be a run of teams right after us all neededing WR help. I can see Tate, Benn and Williams all flying off the board right after us.

Wow, since they were not announcing trades I didn't know the Lions dropped out of their pick ahead of us in R2.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
« #8 : April 22, 2010, 11:55:14 PM »

If Tate comes off the board before the 2a the Bucs shouldn't force it as they are better off waiting till the third or fourth round to draft a WR.

With only two receivers coming off the board in round one there are plenty of options available, I whole heartedly  agree with not forcing it. But the chance to adequately add a player that has top 15 talent in Price to the interior with McCoy & Miller already in the fold wont come around for a long time. I am all for grabbing Price at 35 and allowing McCoy, Price & Miller to be the three headed engine that drives the team for the foreseeable future.

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

« #9 : April 22, 2010, 11:55:35 PM »

It's Rams, Vikings, Bucs now at the top of the 2nd, dal.

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #10 : April 23, 2010, 12:00:07 AM »

It's Rams, Vikings, Bucs now at the top of the 2nd, dal.

Yeah, ESPN's coverage (I was at the bar) was AWFUL at announcing the terms of trades. I think they only showed one trade deal so I had no idea what was being moved and shipped around to where.

D.Burg

Second String

« #11 : April 23, 2010, 01:06:09 AM »

Just goes to show nobody knows what is going to happen in the draft, go look at Kiper's mock lol

« #12 : April 23, 2010, 01:07:35 AM »

Campbell was a workout warrior imo. He has a lot of potential, but probably will never reach it.

Kjun85

Pro Bowler

« #13 : April 23, 2010, 01:08:23 AM »

I wouldn't mind the pick for Price at 2A, Good Value, No Reaching.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

« #14 : April 23, 2010, 01:15:00 AM »

With only two receivers coming off the board in round one there are plenty of options available, I whole heartedly  agree with not forcing it. But the chance to adequately add a player that has top 15 talent in Price to the interior with McCoy & Miller already in the fold wont come around for a long time. I am all for grabbing Price at 35 and allowing McCoy, Price & Miller to be the three headed engine that drives the team for the foreseeable future.

It's a tough decision, but on the surface from what we think we know about players, I have to agree with you Yucc.

DL depth is good, but having these three guys maturing together could be something great. A safe choice anywho...

Just a fun time of year!  :)

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Two Players Many On Here Said Would Not Fall Have « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools