Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Two Players Many On Here Said Would Not Fall Have « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

#15 : April 23, 2010, 01:21:28 AM

I doubt Vikings would select a WR, they may take DT to take over for Pat Williams in a few years. Rams are also a threat to take DT. I bet they're kicking themselves now that couldve had Suh and Clausen

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 23, 2010, 01:33:04 AM

Rams... ...I bet they're kicking themselves now that couldve had Suh and Clausen

Crazy to think about the way it's gone so far.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#17 : April 23, 2010, 01:34:40 AM

I would be very happy with Price or Tate, I would hold off until 2b for OT if I am looking, I just think one of the 3 good ones left will be there with most everyone after us taking one if they needed one outside of Buffalo.

#18 : April 23, 2010, 01:47:07 AM

Too bad Price won't make it past the Rams. I didn't see Williams from USC is still on the board. I would love him or Tate. Getting both would be even better.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#19 : April 23, 2010, 02:03:34 AM

Everyone is also forgetting about the Clausen factor. If Minny doesn't take a QB (or trade down) Clev. Buffalo, Seattle, and Oakland may be falling over themselves to trade up. We have lots of holes, so if we can get more picks the better.

#20 : April 23, 2010, 02:07:04 AM

Everyone is also forgetting about the Clausen factor. If Minny doesn't take a QB (or trade down) Clev. Buffalo, Seattle, and Oakland may be falling over themselves to trade up. We have lots of holes, so if we can get more picks the better.
True. I could see Cleveland wanting to jump up for Clausen, but Seattle gave quite a bit up for good ole Charlie imo. Buffalo who knows what they will do, they have a terrible staff assembled right now. I would attempt to get a 1st outta them next year lol.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#21 : April 23, 2010, 02:10:22 AM

God...if the BUcs do not get a Golden pick I will be pissed.

The BUcs better change their boards.  tate is ready and ripe.

The BUcs have this to offer Freeman:

Clayton.
Stovall.
Bradley.
Stroughter.
Brown.

My dear god...they HAVE to draft Tate now...have to add a guy who can make some YAC happen.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 23, 2010, 02:12:36 AM

The BUcs better change their boards.  tate is ready and ripe.

Clayton.
Stovall.
Bradley.
Stroughter.
Brown.

My dear god...they HAVE to draft Tate now...have to add a guy who can make some YAC happen.

You forgot K2, who should be the #1 target

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#23 : April 23, 2010, 02:15:42 AM

The BUcs better change their boards. tate is ready and ripe.

Clayton.
Stovall.
Bradley.
Stroughter.
Brown.

::)
Not sure why you decided to take this "persona" of cheapness, but dear lord, KELLEN WINSLOW is a tight end, and the BUcs need a wide out.

You cannot be serious rolling into the season with that can you?

Freeman has NOTHING right now Bradentonian.  Sorry bro, you flat out lose this argument.  The BUcs need to draft  aplaymaker, and Tate has to be the guy at this point.  A YAC generator.  A guy with some cred.

You talk about Bradley and al lthese chumps but slam guys like Tate?  Sad.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 23, 2010, 02:28:43 AM

Clayton.
Stovall.
Bradley.
Stroughter.
Brown.

Not sure why you decided to take this "persona" of cheapness, but dear lord, KELLEN WINSLOW is a tight end, and the BUcs need a wide out.

Freeman has NOTHING right now Bradentonian.  Sorry bro, you flat out lose this argument.  The BUcs need to draft  aplaymaker, and Tate has to be the guy at this point.  A YAC generator.  A guy with some cred.

Has nothing to do with cheapness.  Just value.  I think it's very possible the Bucs don't get their #1 WR until next year.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 23, 2010, 03:08:07 AM

I look for the first 2 picks to be Arrelious Benn and Bruce Campbell.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 23, 2010, 06:57:47 AM

Clayton.
Stovall.
Bradley.
Stroughter.
Brown.

Philadelphia, Baltimore, and San Diego have been perennial playoff teams with terrible wide receivers. It's a team game and there are more than one way to win.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 23, 2010, 08:05:28 AM

Philadelphia, Baltimore, and San Diego have been perennial playoff teams with terrible wide receivers. It's a team game and there are more than one way to win.

Philly is the closest to your scenario, SD has Jackson and BAL has, mostly, had Mason recently. There is a level of competence there that none of our guys have. If we had 4 or 5 #2 WR's I'd be right there with you but we don't have guys who'd crack the top 3 of most other clubs.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

gone

Hall of Famer
#28 : April 23, 2010, 08:33:09 AM

I'd expect Tate to be the target, but the more I think about it, I wouldn't be surprised if we went DL with that pick (although I still expect Tate).  We've got some interior picks invested already, and I think this regime is willing to roll with them, but there's Price and Griffen there and I could see that happening and then an OLB to replace Black (who frankly sucks though many here refuse to admit it) at 2b.  That would leave us with only looking CB next year on D if everything pans out, giving us free reign to grab what we need for O. 

Yes, Freeman has limited targets, but remember D was actually a bigger talent issue last year -- a lot of the offensive woes can be traced to coaching and changes.  Josh needs a legit WR, but given that Rahdom gave that big check to Clayton I'd say it's safe to say they have a different impression of the abilities of this WR corps than the rest of the universe...

If Tate isn't there for us then I really hope we don't pick WR -- IMHO the others just aren't good enough to rate that pick.  Tate would be good value, and both a long-term and short term need, so he'd be my target, but after that the value drops fast at WR IMHO.  We still have many holes, so restocking this roster won't be done in a single draft (and we're obviously not using FA).  I'd rather we got a more talented guy that will last at a position we need for several years than reaching for a guy because we need him now -- because we suck so bad that we really don't need anyone "now", we need them in 3 years.  If we reach at WR then it's pretty clear the current regime doesn't buy their own bull about how they want to build the team.

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#29 : April 23, 2010, 08:44:53 AM

Agreed about Black. For some reason fans seem to like ripping on Ruud but he's twice the player Black is. QB just fades into the background.

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Two Players Many On Here Said Would Not Fall Have « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools