Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where do we go now in the draft? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

« : March 06, 2007, 04:50:17 PM »

We have to start to get Monte some great players if All world CJ is gone......

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
« #1 : March 06, 2007, 04:51:02 PM »

I don't think our draft picture has changed.

Joe Thomas remains the team's top target most likely.

Calvin Johnson is also too good to pass up

Followed by Brady Quinn most likely

Then Gaines Adams or Jamaal Anderson

I don't think the addition of Garcia, Carter and Peti change anything...

Pettigout can play LG and what a tandem he would be with Joe Thomas at LT.  

Carter is a veteran and that won't prevent us from taking a DE.

I dont see us taking Quinn though. I think we could very well trade down if CJ and Thomas are taken.  Houston certainly needs a QB at this point.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

« #2 : March 06, 2007, 04:19:19 PM »

but is there really a need for JT now as we have signed Luke P. and are still looking for a tackle in Jordan Black

Oh yeah. Joe Thomas is a franchise LT potentially. LP is an above average LT, but he would easily be replaced by Joe Thomas and moved to another position or become a back up.

If we sign Black it will be for a contract that is reasonable. Not necessarily big money.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
« #3 : March 06, 2007, 04:09:27 PM »

It's beginning to look clearer and clearer at which direction we might be headed for in the draft...now i only see our number 1 pick either being calvin johnson or gaines adams or another top DE...what do you guys think?

bucs1

Practice Squad
« #4 : March 06, 2007, 04:10:44 PM »

I don't think that we can pass up on a talent like Calvin Johnson if he is available.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #5 : March 06, 2007, 04:11:46 PM »

Joe Thomas if he's there, without question.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

« #6 : March 06, 2007, 04:12:50 PM »

I don't think our draft picture has changed.

Joe Thomas remains the team's top target most likely.

Calvin Johnson is also too good to pass up

Followed by Brady Quinn most likely

Then Gaines Adams or Jamaal Anderson

I don't think the addition of Garcia, Carter and Peti change anything...

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #7 : March 06, 2007, 04:13:56 PM »

Oh Joe Thomas is most def in the running for that top pick, don't get it twisted.

Baghead #2

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
« #8 : March 06, 2007, 04:14:18 PM »

but is there really a need for JT now as we have signed Luke P. and are still looking for a tackle in Jordan Black

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #9 : March 06, 2007, 04:17:10 PM »

We're not into Petit, nor Carter, nor Garcia for anything long term. All these guys are dispsoable in the short term if need be. We still have full flexibility in the draft to take the most valuable player.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #10 : March 06, 2007, 04:17:36 PM »

Of course there is. JT is a Paul Gruber-like franchise LOT. Petitgout is a blue collar, hard working guy but nowhere near the talent of Thomas.

bucs1

Practice Squad
« #11 : March 06, 2007, 04:19:56 PM »

Joe Thomas if he's there, without question.

If Joe Thomas is there I would take him, but that is unlikely.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #12 : March 06, 2007, 04:20:45 PM »

Oh yeah. Joe Thomas is a franchise LT potentially. LP is an above average LT, but he would easily be replaced by Joe Thomas and moved to another position or become a back up.

If we sign Black it will be for a contract that is reasonable. Not necessarily big money.

When you think about it the Deadskins were looking at him at LOG right? If we don't get JT, he stays at LOT, if we draft JT he moves in to LOG. Gives us a good value and some flexibility.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

wc24

Second String

« #13 : March 06, 2007, 04:21:58 PM »

It's beginning to look clearer and clearer at which direction we might be headed for in the draft...now i only see our number 1 pick either being calvin johnson or gaines adams or another top DE...what do you guys think?

The Bucs have set themselves up, whether intentionally or not, to draft CJ...they haven't picked up any WR's, Thomas...the contract to Petigout is short term enough to allow for Thomas or a DE as the Carter contract and Simeon's contract allow them some flexibility after the year is out.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
« #14 : March 06, 2007, 04:23:15 PM »

When you think about it the Deadskins were looking at him at LOG right? If we don't get JT, he stays at LOT, if we draft JT he moves in to LOG. Gives us a good value and some flexibility.

now that, i could definately see happening and it makes sense to the whole scenario

Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where do we go now in the draft? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools