Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where do we go now in the draft? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 06, 2007, 04:23:39 PM

Calvin Johnson for an explosive passing offense. Then I want Buster Davis Linebacker, from FSU, and Reggie Nelson Free Safety, from UF. I'll be a very happy Tampa 2 guy. And for kick return purposes only the speedy RB out of FSU. I can't think of his name.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

donny77

Starter

#16 : March 06, 2007, 04:41:32 PM

I feel our draft board is still the same.

1 - Joe Thomas (LT)
2 - Calvin Johnson (WR)
3 - * try to trade down * Adam Carriker (DT/DE)

Really, the FA signings provide options so we aren't relying on the draft to fix our problems.  On the other hand, the FA contracts are all cap friendly should the player signed become a backup or need to be cut.  We haven't signed a FA WR, but really WR is not a big need.  There are 2nd and 3rd round WRs that would suffice to upgrading/developing future WRs.  Our starting WRs are Galloway and Clayton for next year.  Even drafting Johnson will not change that.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 06, 2007, 04:43:49 PM

I still say Calvin Johnson, if he's there ..

But Gaines Adams or Alan Branch if CJ is gone..

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

JC510

Practice Squad

#18 : March 06, 2007, 04:48:13 PM

Amobiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Okoyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

PoorRichard

Starter

#19 : March 06, 2007, 05:21:25 PM

Joe Thomas if he's there, without question.

I am sure he is on the radar, but the Petigout deal and the potential to sign Jordan Black make this pick less likely. Drafting an OT in the top 4 that is not a sure fire opening day starter is a bust pick. Maybe Petigout is insurance, but I can't imagine he won't start at LT on opening day. I think Garcia and Plummer combined with Petigout shows the Bucs desire to land CJ.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 06, 2007, 06:01:48 PM

I am sure he is on the radar, but the Petigout deal and the potential to sign Jordan Black make this pick less likely.

I doubt it. If Thomas is on the board at #4, I would be shocked if the Bucs don't select him.

sma2680

Practice Squad

#21 : March 06, 2007, 06:42:38 PM

I really doubt any of the FA signings by the Bucs will affect who they draft.  They will rank the players, and that will determine who they draft.  And if JT was drafted at 4, he would for sure be our opening day starter at LT. 

#22 : March 06, 2007, 06:45:19 PM

I don't think that we can pass up on a talent like Calvin Johnson if he is available.

And that is the way all the teams that pick after us will be thinking.  Don't be surprised when someone makes a trade an nabs CJ ahead of us.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 06, 2007, 06:47:05 PM

I know you guys are thrilled with Thomas. But... I think there is a reason we signed a FA LT and didn't sign a WR.

#24 : March 06, 2007, 06:49:55 PM

I know you guys are thrilled with Thomas. But... I think there is a reason we signed a FA LT and didn't sign a WR.

True........BECAUSE JOE THOMAS WILL NOT GET TO US AT 4th.   ;)

donny77

Starter

#25 : March 06, 2007, 07:02:20 PM

because we have 3 pretty good WRs and our LT is only average?  No, that couldn't be it.

frankbuc

Second String
#26 : March 06, 2007, 07:20:45 PM

I feel our draft board is still the same.

1 - Joe Thomas (LT)
2 - Calvin Johnson (WR)
3 - * try to trade down * Adam Carriker (DT/DE)

Really, the FA signings provide options so we aren't relying on the draft to fix our problems. On the other hand, the FA contracts are all cap friendly should the player signed become a backup or need to be cut. We haven't signed a FA WR, but really WR is not a big need. There are 2nd and 3rd round WRs that would suffice to upgrading/developing future WRs. Our starting WRs are Galloway and Clayton for next year. Even drafting Johnson will not change that.
You honestly believe CJ wouldnt be starting over Clayton? I think you have lost it

bucs1

Practice Squad
#27 : March 06, 2007, 07:39:50 PM

Amobiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Okoyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I actually wouldn't mind that.

PoorRichard

Starter

#28 : March 06, 2007, 07:43:33 PM

I seriously doubt the Bucs or any team would pay 3-5 mil for a backup LT. Any team that drafts JT must be convinced that he is the opening day starter. If they're not convinced, then he's not a top 15 pick. If anything, the Bucs are in a much better positon to trade down. CJ will bring #1 overall type value in a trade and JT would give us at least 2 more 1st day picks. Those are great options for a team looking for an influx of new players.

Remember one thing about JT...dominating in the Big 10 does not mean much. The Big 10 talent from top to bottom is the worst of the BCS conferences, especially when it comes to team speed. He could be another Robert Gallery...who was a MAJOR BUST.

#29 : March 06, 2007, 07:44:35 PM

Calvin Johnson= the savior

CJ is that strong he will clip the DE and DT off the opposing D-line on his way downfield.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where do we go now in the draft? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools