Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where do we go now in the draft? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

donny77

Starter

#30 : March 06, 2007, 07:47:43 PM

You honestly believe CJ wouldnt be starting over Clayton? I think you have lost it
Clayton started his rookie season because of injuries.  Clayton is a good young WR and Gruden likes him on that side of the field.  Gruden is happy with the effort and work put out by Clayton last year.  The stats really have more to do with the poor QB play.  Galloway is getting old.  Galloway is the deep threat.  That is the natural position of Calvin in this offense.  The question is not if Calvin would start over Clayton, would he start over Galloway?  Week 1, definite no.  Week 16?  Possibly.  Our week 1 WR starters are Galloway and Clayton.  Take it to the bank.  Maybe we can start each game in three wide so the nay-sayers won't complain about Calvin not "starting."  IMHO if we draft Calvin our WRs will be:
2007-08:
WR1: Galloway/Johnson
WR2: Clayton/Stovall
WR3: Stovall/Johnson about a 50/50 split during the season
2008-09:
WR1: Johnson/?
WR2: Clayton/Stovall
WR3: Stovall/?

Galloway restructured to get more money this year.  This will most likely be his last season.  He has meant a lot to the offense and we have the cap room so the Bucs obliged him.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#31 : March 06, 2007, 07:50:55 PM

It's becoming clear that CJ will be the pick if available.

PoorRichard

Starter

#32 : March 06, 2007, 07:54:15 PM

Agreed. Its looking like CJ or trade down. Keep in mind the role a QB plays in making his WRs better. I think Garcia will give Clayton and Alex Smith the chance to reach new levels. If they ad Cj to the mix it could be special, but it also could also prove to be poor drafting and cap management in the years to come.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#33 : March 06, 2007, 07:58:28 PM

One can only hope he's taken off the board before we get there. Save us from ourselves.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

#34 : March 06, 2007, 08:00:23 PM

One can only hope he's taken off the board before we get there. Save us from ourselves.

I don't mind if we draft him, the kid is a beast.  Although it would be funny seeing the whining around here if he ends up somewhere else.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 06, 2007, 08:06:11 PM

There will be a good DE or S availble in the 2nd round. Joe Thomas or CJ, 1 of them will be their at 4..Most likely CJ

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

#36 : March 06, 2007, 08:22:20 PM

There will be a good DE or S availble in the 2nd round. Joe Thomas or CJ, 1 of them will be their at 4..Most likely CJ

True, the draft is pretty deep for DE and S, but it is also deep for WRs.  CJ is a unique mix of size, speed and talent, I just can't see Gruden passing on him.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#37 : March 06, 2007, 08:26:46 PM

I lack a strong opinion either way, JT or CJ. One thing is for sure, one of those two will be gone. If the Bucs land CJ I won't be upset.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#38 : March 06, 2007, 08:28:52 PM

Petigout actually played LOG during their run to the superbowl back in the day. He has some experience and its been well documented here that he could be moved around if need be.

I will tell you this JT or CJ will be on the board barring Moss moving (which seems doubtful) we will get one or the other...

Baghead #2

bryan12112

Starter

#39 : March 06, 2007, 08:32:13 PM

Thomas won't be there, but if he is, I'm sure the Bucs would take him. I don't think anything has changed:

1. Thomas
2. Johnson
3. Trade down or d-line

jsunm73

Pro Bowler

#40 : March 06, 2007, 08:32:59 PM

to new york of course.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#41 : March 06, 2007, 08:34:04 PM

Would be surprised - no shocked - if Thomas is there and not taken, even if CJ is available.  If Thomas is gone, would be stunned an available CJ was passed on by the bucs.  

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

#42 : March 06, 2007, 08:35:25 PM

If Thomas is gone, would be stunned an available CJ was passed on by the bucs. 

25% of the board would be suicidal

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#43 : March 06, 2007, 08:36:28 PM

True, the draft is pretty deep for DE and S, but it is also deep for WRs. CJ is a unique mix of size, speed and talent, I just can't see Gruden passing on him.
Yeah,I just hope Luke can get healthy enough to play good. Garcia has a strong arm like Simms but better accuracy and can throw on the run..I will be very disappointed if our offense doesn't rank high next year in the top 15.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#44 : March 06, 2007, 08:38:10 PM

If Thomas is gone, would be stunned an available CJ was passed on by the bucs. 
25% of the board would be suicidal

I would shat all over the floor.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where do we go now in the draft? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools