Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: First off, I liked Suh over McCoy but think Bucs were right in drafting McCoy.. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#30 : April 23, 2010, 01:17:46 PM

No he cried because his mother passed away 2 years ago, and he dedicated yesterday to her.. �Have a bit of compassion ...

He thought of her up on stage with him. He talked to her, softly.

"She's the main reason I'm here," Gerald McCoy said, his eyes still glistening. "I missed her today. I made it, Momma, I made it."

Her name was Patricia Diane McCoy and she passed away nearly three years ago. Her baby, Gerald Keith Bryan McCoy, had her initials sewn into the left cuff of the suit shirt he wore. He showed off her initials as he walked the red carpet into the big music hall.

"He was her baby," sister Nicki said. "Her smile is his smile. They were best friends. She was like that for all of us."

"My mother was a people person," the son said. "She loved people, and the fire and the drive that I have came from my mother. She's the one who taught me to be a leader, not a follower, and be the head, not the tail."

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 23, 2010, 01:20:03 PM

He can watch all of the Disney movies he wants AND even sing some Hannah Montana Karaoke songs off the field as long as he lives in the opponents backfield on Sunday and creates havoc.

Turn the page.

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#32 : April 23, 2010, 01:22:49 PM

I don't hold a high opinion for men who cry (unless someone they love is dying or something like that)... and I CERTAINLY don't think its very manly to cry tears of joy.

Who are you kidding bro?
Michael Jordan - - SISSY
Michael Irvine - - SISSY
Emmitt Smith - - SISSY
Brett Favre - - SISSY

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 23, 2010, 01:23:07 PM

You don't recall this convo?
http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?topic=47502.msg1008927;topicseen#msg1008927

No, I didn't remember that at all.

white dragon

Practice Squad

#34 : April 23, 2010, 01:25:51 PM

lol what a completely inane discussion

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 23, 2010, 01:26:42 PM

Sactobuc

Starter

#36 : April 23, 2010, 01:42:03 PM

But does McCoy seem to be soft compared to Suh? Suh just looks and carries himself like a blue collar slap the spit out your mouth type. McCoy just seems to be too sensitive to be a dominate DT. IMO

Not sure if there is a such thing as too sensitive. But hey, have your opinion as well. 

Take into account that this guy is a "very" young father, who has lost his mother in his late teens. That equates to the possibility of being "more sensitive" than others.

But not sure if there's a too sensitive to do anything.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"They thought it was the end of the world, The day they heard the pirates sing-But the only treasure for a Buccaneer, Is a Super Bowl Ring\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

BucsMagic64

Starter

#37 : April 23, 2010, 01:43:36 PM

I read an article where McCoy said he started to cry because he was thinking of his deceased mother and how she couldn't be there to see him realize his dream.

It was a great and touching scene, I'm really happy to have this guy on our football team.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#38 : April 23, 2010, 01:46:54 PM

I'll be the man crying if he doesn't produce...and I will blow snot bubbles and start hiccuping while I do it if Suh goes on to greatness...

Sactobuc

Starter

#39 : April 23, 2010, 01:49:26 PM

I'll be the man crying if he doesn't produce...and I will blow snot bubbles and start hiccuping while I do it if Suh goes on to greatness...

Hella funny........ :D

Had me LMAO, and it's been a while bruh. Thanks

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"They thought it was the end of the world, The day they heard the pirates sing-But the only treasure for a Buccaneer, Is a Super Bowl Ring\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#40 : April 23, 2010, 01:55:23 PM

Hella funny........ :D

Had me LMAO, and it's been a while bruh. Thanks
You may be laughing, but I am deadly cereal.

BucsMagic64

Starter

#41 : April 23, 2010, 01:57:40 PM

Besides, tears of joy is nothing to rip on a guy about in a situation like this. It's just people nitpicking so they can complain about the Bucs.

Crying like Adam Morrison on the other hand....

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#42 : April 23, 2010, 01:58:44 PM

Besides, tears of joy is nothing to rip on a guy about in a situation like this. It's just people nitpicking so they can complain about the Bucs.

Crying like Adam Morrison on the other hand....
Or Terrell Owens...my goodness I have never seen such lunacy in my life (ha ha ha!)

TO has issues man.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#43 : April 23, 2010, 01:59:11 PM

Knowing all of the backstory, I'm not sure that it was purely for joy.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#44 : April 23, 2010, 01:59:31 PM

I like a football player with heart. Good for Gerald. Must be a great feeling to achieve that level of success and reflect on your momma. Nothing wrong with showing that emotion.

That said, I was still crying over the loss of Suh when he was picked.

Man I hope Gerald makes me forget Suh.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: First off, I liked Suh over McCoy but think Bucs were right in drafting McCoy.. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools