Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rounds: 2 & 3 Draft Discussion « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 11 12 13

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#180 : April 23, 2010, 10:22:55 PM

Benn is more of the WR needed... �All the other available WRs "ranked higher" by the "experts" were the smaller, slot WR types... �Rah and Dom were saying the whole time that they wanted the "Big, Physical" types... �Based on the 4 picks they have gotten, that is exactly what they have gotten... �I'm excited about this draft and think they have done well so far,

Clayton and Stovall are big physical guys who can't run routes and generate separation. Don't think that is your role model for what you want a WR to be.

Which is exactly why we need to draft guys who do their job better. Stroughter is a very solid slot guy, so we don't need another.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#181 : April 23, 2010, 10:26:33 PM

"Why because you know his name? Because he is a good white receiver?"

Why do you have to bring the racecard into this?
I just think he will be another Wes Welker, we need someone to make plays, which player on our offense makes plays other then Winslow?

My point right there... Thanks.

His best asset is slot, that is why we got Benn, an outside receiver to go up and make plays. Again Ship is a great slot, but it gets really old how when people know who a player actually is they **CENSORED** and moan about a better fit being taken over him.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#182 : April 23, 2010, 10:29:35 PM

I just think he will be another Wes Welker, we need someone to make plays, which player on our offense makes plays other then Winslow?

His best asset is slot, that is why we got Benn, an outside receiver to go up and make plays. Again Ship is a great slot, but it gets really old how when people know who a player actually is they dog and moan about a better fit being taken over him.

Yeah I don't think it's about him being white, it's just that he's a well known player. I don't want to hate on the guy because I've got nothing against him, it just gets annoying to see everyone begging for him when he doesn't fit our current needs at all. Having a bunch of speedy guys who can catch short passes and run for a few yards does no good if it's 3rd and 9 and you need a guy who can run a route through the middle and take a shot while making the first down.

Silverhorse210

Practice Squad

#183 : April 23, 2010, 10:31:07 PM

"but it gets really old how when people know who a player actually is they dog and moan about a better fit being taken over him."

I guess that's why God gave us all opinions, I'm  not moaning just stating my opinion thats all just like you are.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#184 : April 23, 2010, 10:31:28 PM

His best asset is slot, that is why we got Benn, an outside receiver to go up and make plays. Again Ship is a great slot, but it gets really old how when people know who a player actually is they dog and moan about a better fit being taken over him.

Yeah I don't think it's about him being white, it's just that he's a well known player. I don't want to hate on the guy because I've got nothing against him, it just gets annoying to see everyone begging for him when he doesn't fit our current needs at all. Having a bunch of speedy guys who can catch short passes and run for a few yards does no good if it's 3rd and 9 and you need a guy who can run a route through the middle and take a shot while making the first down.
I know it's not about him being white, I just like to get people fired up over it.

Seriously though this board has ruined Shippley for me.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#185 : April 23, 2010, 10:32:41 PM

"but it gets really old how when people know who a player actually is they dog and moan about a better fit being taken over him."

I guess that's why God gave us all opinions, I'm  not moaning just stating my opinion thats all just like you are.
I hear that, honestly you just catch the bad **CENSORED** that everyone else has built up, your new so I really shouldn't have bashed you about it... but when every thread, every 10th post brings him up and how much they want him... it gets old fast... especially when he doesn't fit what you need most.

Silverhorse210

Practice Squad

#186 : April 23, 2010, 10:41:09 PM

"Having a bunch of speedy guys who can catch short passes and run for a few yards does no good if it's 3rd and 9 and you need a guy who can run a route through the middle and take a shot while making the first down."

My case in point here is if we had a Wes Welker type player we would not have as many 3 and 9 plays because we would be moving the ball down the field.  Look what happened to New England when Wes was hurt, they had a hard time moving the ball and were not as effective.

No problem, I'm a new poster here but have read posts on here since this website has started.

Silverhorse210

Practice Squad

#187 : April 23, 2010, 10:44:31 PM

It also makes teams respect the middle of the field a little more.   Ok, enough of my rant.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#188 : April 23, 2010, 10:47:45 PM

"Having a bunch of speedy guys who can catch short passes and run for a few yards does no good if it's 3rd and 9 and you need a guy who can run a route through the middle and take a shot while making the first down."

My case in point here is if we had a Wes Welker type player we would not have as many 3 and 9 plays because we would be moving the ball down the field.  Look what happened to New England when Wes was hurt, they had a hard time moving the ball and were not as effective.

No problem, I'm a new poster here but have read posts on here since this website has started.

We have a very good slot WR, we didn't use him a lot on early downs last year because we were trying to run a **CENSORED** more, use play action and protect Freeman.

In order for Sammy to be truly effective, which he can be, we have to open up the offense and allow him to be on the field more in the slot. Also Wes Welker is open a lot of time because they can't afford to have help on him because of Moss... not saying we have anything remotely close to that, but we need outside receivers to open up this offense.

JayNazty

Practice Squad
#189 : April 24, 2010, 09:37:35 AM

We have a very good slot WR, we didn't use him a lot on early downs last year because we were trying to run a dog more, use play action and protect Freeman.

In order for Sammy to be truly effective, which he can be, we have to open up the offense and allow him to be on the field more in the slot. Also Wes Welker is open a lot of time because they can't afford to have help on him because of Moss... not saying we have anything remotely close to that, but we need outside receivers to open up this offense.

This is exactly what I have been saying to every person that has wanted Tate or Shipley

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#190 : April 24, 2010, 09:39:16 AM

Well one thing Benn has been noted as is a good Route Runner...

No the universal on him is not a route runner. His "good" point is that he's a big strong guy in the RAC world. I said elsewhere RAC only matter if you get get the "C" part of the equation and I question him being able to do that at an NFL level.
I know I have read multiple places that is a good route runner... Also a couple people on here have brought it up multiple times while pimping him.

He isn't a good route runner overall as he runs only a few routes well.
Page: 1 ... 11 12 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rounds: 2 & 3 Draft Discussion « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools