Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS TRADE UP TO PICK AT NO. 39 AND PICK WR ARRELIOUS BENN « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#30 : April 23, 2010, 07:26:12 PM

I keep watching film on tate and still don't know why he is still there I would LOVE to have this kid he knows what to do with the ball when he catches it

At 5'10, I have to imagine there's more than a few teams concerned they're using a high pick on a slot guy.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 23, 2010, 07:26:37 PM

Walter football compares him to Anquan Boldin. �If he's even half as productive, he'll be worth a 2nd and a 5th. �He's reportedly a high character, hard working guy, too. �That's what we need.

If you suffer through Juice Williams as your QB without becoming a team cancer, you're officially a high-character guy.

Juice Williams is the kind of awful that most people on here can only dream of at the QB position.

Honestly, I know a couple people who are better QBs than Juice was. No exaggeration lol.

I'm hoping that Benn's freshman year is a sign of things to come, and that the last couple years were a result of having no one who could get him the ball. I'm still not sure that we needed to trade up, but if he turns out to be a great WR none of us will second guess it anymore. I'm ready to give him a chance, and I'm glad that he's a good character guy. If he doesn't make it, you know it won't be because he's banging hoes at a strip club or DUIs left and right.

SonnyCrockett

Starter

#32 : April 23, 2010, 07:27:21 PM

WILL GO DOWN AS ONE OF THE BEST PICKS IN FRANCHISE HISTORY.

WELCOME TO TAMPA REJUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEST WR IN THIS DRAFT.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#33 : April 23, 2010, 07:28:31 PM

Bucs do not have a fifth round pick.

They probably could have stayed pat and gotten Benn.  Just my opinion.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#34 : April 23, 2010, 07:29:33 PM

Unless there's a big run on WR, it looks like there may be some good ones that drop; Tate, D. Williams, E. Decker, T. Price, M. Williams, Shipley, R. Cooper, C. Mitchell, J. Ford, D. Briscoe, M. Gilyard, B. LaFell, A. Roberts. We should be able to get a good one in the 3rd-4th if they want to find a #2 WR. �I have to believe that Tate and D. Williams would have to be considered the BPA if somehow they made it to the end of the 2nd.

Yeah, in retrospect we probably should have seen this coming. This year's WR class just isn't very strong. It seems like teams are doing what we did...take BPA(Price) and grab a WR later because there isn't really a "must have" guy.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#35 : April 23, 2010, 07:31:04 PM

I'd feel a lot better about taking Mike Williams now that we have a high character guy that can lead him by example.  Maybe in the 4th, but probably not with the 3rd.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#36 : April 23, 2010, 07:32:10 PM

This year's WR class just isn't very strong. It seems like teams are doing what we did...take BPA(Price) and grab a WR later because there isn't really a "must have" guy.

Bingo

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#37 : April 23, 2010, 07:32:40 PM

Doesn't Benn run like a 4.6 40?

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#38 : April 23, 2010, 07:34:21 PM

Bucs do not have a fifth round pick.

They probably could have stayed pat and gotten Benn.  Just my opinion.

probably but it shows that the bucs wanted Benn above anyone else at WR and they made sure they didnt have a chance at losing him. I respect that decision.

The interesting thing is that the NFL is not as impressed as all the fans were with Golden Tate. McCoy, Price, Benn. I didnt think it would actually be this good. I was expecting a let down in their drafting.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#39 : April 23, 2010, 07:34:43 PM

The rest of this draft has sexy players...unfortunately, the move up to take Benn cost us the only fifth rounder we had.  Could be a player like Willaims will be available in round 5...or a Decker.

Bucs should have stayed pat, IMO.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#40 : April 23, 2010, 07:34:59 PM

Naw he ran a 4.46

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#41 : April 23, 2010, 07:35:14 PM

If the Bucs think he's the last true #1 type WR, than I support trading up.  Who knows who else would have traded ahead of us.  We needed to find a WR, and although I'm higher on D. Williams, the Bucs brass did what they had to do to land there guy.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#42 : April 23, 2010, 07:35:30 PM

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Good question.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#43 : April 23, 2010, 07:36:31 PM

After reading ADWs post about him catching with his body I watched a few highlights.

And the guy really doesn't snag them with his hands.

It disturbingly reminds me of Williamson

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#44 : April 23, 2010, 07:37:06 PM

Sure doesnt look like 4.6 so it doesnt matter to me what they have down on paper. considering his size and strength I would say he looks surprisingly fast.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS TRADE UP TO PICK AT NO. 39 AND PICK WR ARRELIOUS BENN « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools