Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS TRADE UP TO PICK AT NO. 39 AND PICK WR ARRELIOUS BENN « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#75 : April 23, 2010, 09:34:00 PM

I'm just saying it will take a few years to evaluate the pick.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#76 : April 23, 2010, 09:42:59 PM

Tate doesn't project to be a #1 pick, and Benn may.  I'm not saying Tate is strictly a slot guy, but he doesn't have to size to be a #1.  And please don't bring the Steve Smith comparison.  Just because they're roughly the same size, doesn't mean they have the same talent.  We'll see how their careers go, but in the meantime, I'm going to root for Benn to be the best WR in this draft.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#77 : April 23, 2010, 09:50:50 PM

Love all the offseason hate for a guy who hasn't played for us yet lol.   I made it no secret I liked him over Tate.   Whether or not they needed to part with a fifth I don't know.   Don't care.   We got a potential stud receiver and with Tate you might get a stud wes welker slot guy.   That's nice and had seattle not taken him he'd have made an awesome third round pick.   I don't think Decker lasts long but I still like my boy Dezmon Briscoe at the fourth now.   He'll be a solid number two and I don't care about the poor combine watch him play live and tell me he can't make big time plays.   We got no one else to play second receiver.   

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#78 : April 23, 2010, 09:57:32 PM

Wasn't Santonio Holmes had for a 5th rounder?    hmmmmmmm

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#79 : April 23, 2010, 09:58:16 PM

The more I watch his highlights, the less I'm liking him. I just don't see the Wes Welker comparison. Illinois seems to use him that way but he gets away with it because tackling there is not that great. I just don't think he's going to get that my broken tackles in the NFL. I don't see the game speed that people say. Even from his highlights, it looks like he plays like his timed speed.

Add that he pretty much uses his body to catch everything thrown to him, and considering how good this team is in teaching wideouts to catch, I don't really expect much from him.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#80 : April 23, 2010, 10:01:05 PM

The more I watch his highlights, the less I'm liking him. I just don't see the Wes Welker comparison. Illinois seems to use him that way but he gets away with it because tackling there is not that great. I just don't think he's going to get that my broken tackles in the NFL. I don't see the game speed that people say. Even from his highlights, it looks like he plays like his timed speed.

Add that he pretty much uses his body to catch everything thrown to him, and considering how good this team is in teaching wideouts to catch, I don't really expect much from him.

and even if he flops flat he'll be a better pick then dexter jackson was so we're progressing in drafting.   We actually have a receivers coach now don't we? 

Booker

Hall of Famer

#81 : April 23, 2010, 10:04:45 PM

He isn't being compared to Welker

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#82 : April 23, 2010, 10:10:12 PM

I agree that it doesn't take much to do better than Dextra.

However, I'm not sure the team needs another Clayton/Stovall. This team needs speed at WR and I don't think Benn is it.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#83 : April 23, 2010, 10:10:44 PM

Speed doesn't make a WR, see Dexter.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#84 : April 23, 2010, 10:13:05 PM

Dexter is not a WR. He was a really fast guy who gets scared alot.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#85 : April 23, 2010, 10:13:25 PM

Benn makes plays down the field. Re-watch the highlights again. Our biggest issue was the in-ability to convert the down the field opportunities. He's got great body control, ball skills, and leaping ability to be good a vertical threat. Not every big play down the field is where the WR just runs by the CB on foot speed.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#86 : April 23, 2010, 10:15:17 PM

No one is going to be complaining this year when he does more then AB did and does way less to disrupt the locker room.   He's a humble guy who is going to work hard I will bet you on that.   You won't see this kid having a sophomore slump where he gets fat and forgets how to play his position like Clayton.    Oh and he's not slow.  I hope we get to see him run stride for stride with stovall and clayton and watch them get burned.    not like that's hard but still.  He ran a sub 4.4 in his pro day.  

Booker

Hall of Famer

#87 : April 23, 2010, 10:17:22 PM

Marshall: 4.52. Fitz: 4.5.

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#88 : April 23, 2010, 11:33:45 PM

No one is going to be complaining this year when he does more then AB did and does way less to disrupt the locker room.   He's a humble guy who is going to work hard I will bet you on that.   You won't see this kid having a sophomore slump where he gets fat and forgets how to play his position like Clayton.    Oh and he's not slow.  I hope we get to see him run stride for stride with stovall and clayton and watch them get burned.    not like that's hard but still.  He ran a sub 4.4 in his pro day.  

What I'm most impressed by is this guys "Workman Like Attitude". Don't get me wrong, I love it when guys get pumped up after a big run, but this guy just get up after a big play like it's no big deal. He's all business, Like he expects to do what he does! He certainly has some burst to him. I'm very excited to see him in person, and read up on how he does in training camp. Great Pick by "Rahmonik" and Company.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS TRADE UP TO PICK AT NO. 39 AND PICK WR ARRELIOUS BENN « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools