Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Was Myron Lewis a "Panic Pick"? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
: April 23, 2010, 09:28:52 PM

right before our pick these were who were taken.. (not in order, but right around that time)

brandon spikes. MLB

javier arenas DB

jerome murphy DB

amari spievy DB

was lewis a panic pick, trying to get a DB after they got piledgded?  just like we did with dexter jackson after all the fast WR's got taken in the 2nd, we paniced and picked the garbage trash dexter J.

what do you guys think?  i have never even heard of myron.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 23, 2010, 09:30:19 PM

A bit of a reach on that one.  But they were desperate.   They didn't reach too much.   Only about as much as they reached on Dexter Jackson a few years ago.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 23, 2010, 09:31:42 PM

From what I've read about him, he's a perfect pick for our scheme. So it's really only a question of could we have waited till the 4th round or not, and that's hard to say.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 23, 2010, 09:31:51 PM

They got the card up there in a hurry.  Didn't seem like they were scrambling to come up with something, like you would think if they were panicked

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#4 : April 23, 2010, 09:31:55 PM

It doesn't appear that they panicked, their pick was in about 10 seconds after Spivey went off the board.  They must have been targeting him IMHO.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 23, 2010, 09:32:00 PM

I don't know much about him, but his scouting report doesn't make me very happy. Not very fluid hips and not a great athlete. They should have used a 7th rounder or two to move up and get the CB they actually wanted.

hoodsbucs

Pro Bowler
#6 : April 23, 2010, 09:32:35 PM

Considering they didnt wait long to pick, its obvious this was the guy they were coveting

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 23, 2010, 09:33:05 PM

I think the key is that for us, he's a really good pick. A team that plays a lot of man won't value him as much.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

burger40

Hall of Famer

#8 : April 23, 2010, 09:33:23 PM

it might be our first reach but Raheem knows DBs so IMO it wasn't a panic pick although I did wonder at first when I saw Spievey get taken.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#9 : April 23, 2010, 09:33:39 PM

From what I've read about him, he's a perfect pick for our scheme. So it's really only a question of could we have waited till the 4th round or not, and that's hard to say.

i remmber a few people that the scouting report said was a good fit.  anyone remember alan zemitis?  no?  yea i hardly remember him too.

so many recent examples of people in scouting reports and what is actuallity.

michael claytons scouting report said he cant block.   well now he can block, he just forgot how to catch.

Justin Alexander

Second String

#10 : April 23, 2010, 09:33:49 PM

Remember morris was a DB coach I hope he knows what he's doing

calibucfan15

Starter

#11 : April 23, 2010, 09:33:59 PM

Heard of him. A decent player. Athletic CB who will play and be solid depth but not the replacement for a retiring Barber. I agree that it was a little bit of a panic pick but this one should work out better than Dexter Jackson. He'll actually play!

JM2

Pro Bowler

#12 : April 23, 2010, 09:34:09 PM

Chavous seemed pretty high on him.

And with the first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback, Louisville.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#13 : April 23, 2010, 09:34:59 PM

He's obviously Ronde's replacement.   If this guy pans out at all, Ronde is gone next year.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#14 : April 23, 2010, 09:35:09 PM

Chavous seemed pretty high on him.

Both from Vandy, similar types of players too.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Was Myron Lewis a "Panic Pick"? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools